• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Weapon would be great for the new dante ?

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
could you guys give a reference or image of said type of sword to compare to rebellion as at this point you could call it a sabre and i wouldnt know the difference

Tiran

The great pretender.
could you guys give a reference or image of said type of sword to compare to rebellion as at this point you could call it a sabre and i wouldnt know the difference

Claymore- Heavy two-handed longsword.

back_scabbard.gif
2hdpi11.png

Balmung.jpg

Azurel

I don't know, it looks shorter than a claymore. DMC3 Rebellion was a Claymore (not a zweihander) so, it looks like that picture. But this new DmC Rebellion looks more like a b-sword.

http://www.swordsdirect.com/*******-battle-ready-sword.html

The b-sword can be carried with one or two hands. While I know that the DMC3 Rebellion did have very few one-handed attacks (like the prop-shredder), even Dante had to use both hands 99% of the time. It makes more sense to make the sword shorter to be able to fight both ways and make yourself more versatile.

Yamato was an o-katana (Japanese longsword) and was primarily wielded with one hand. However, these attacks were very slow because of A) the Iai-jutsu style, and B) an o-katana was almost never used in the sengoku era due to its length. It simply wasn't practical to samurai at the time. It made more sense to stick with a katana or an o-wakizashi. A wakizashi is a short sword while an o-wakizashi is a long shortsword.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Do you mean the old Rebellion or the new Rebellion?
Anyways I meant that the Force Edge could have been like Enma's Fang from Ninja Gaiden series.

Azurel

Do you mean the old Rebellion or the new Rebellion?
Anyways I meant that the Force Edge could have been like Enma's Fang from Ninja Gaiden series.

In my perspective:

DMC3 Rebellion = claymore (not a zweihander)

DmC New Rebellion = b-sword (something that can be carried with one or both hands)

Enma's Fang is a pretty big sword. It's more like Sparda (zweihander) than Force Edge (b-sword). However, you may be right. I think it would be more appropriate to let Vergil wield it either way, since his attacks are slower than Dante's.

A tutorial against a boss using Enma's Fang. EF...FE (Force Edge) hm, the initials are reversed...

Here's what happens during the next boss fight.

I like the fact that he's wearing the old school suit.

Azurel

^ The Sparda, and Nelo Angelo's sword, would be considered a zweihander. Nelo Angelo's sword was considered a zanbato for a while, but then was corrected and given it's proper classification.

Azurel

*a dual claw-like weapon(like wolverine's claws)
*a hammer
*a double headed spear

The axe is already there for Dante, so the hammer (sledgehammer-like weapon) would be there for Vergil's demon weapon, most likely.

That double-headed spear you're talking about is ideal for Vergil's angelic weapon.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I dont know.... I liked the little skull guy on old rebellion....
(by the way, did you know if you type in "Rebellion" as a color for HTML, you'll get Link's tunic color as a backround? :D)

Top Bottom