• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Weapon would be great for the new dante ?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
And I'm just stating mine. Leave me.
c3e.jpg

Did...Did you just change you're Avatar?!:blink: RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!?

ZeroLove

Most goverments would love to have you under their flag. What you or I think doesn't matter, deal with it. What a subdued additude. Screw that, if can't say what I like or hate then what tha hell are we doing here? Gathering to praice the unchangable and uncaring?

Can't you make one conversation with someone who disagrees with you without insulting them?
There is a difference in real-life politics and a made-up world for games! If there is something I disagree with that affect me as a person in real-life, then of course I am going to go against it and voice my opinion about it, complain and let those who try to push this on me know how it affects me and I will attempt to stop it.
That is NOT what this case is about though! This is about a FICTIONAL world that doesn't affect me, you or anyone else in this world in any personal way. It is just A GAME! The rules made for this fictional world in not something you and I or anyone else than the creators can decide what should and should not be. You can voice your complaint to them, but it won't change anything, because the world of games is NOT a democracy! If you don't like what you see then don't buy it!

I would rather we get back on the main topic of this thread now, but I have a feeling you will continue this discussion somehow.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Well, what I'm thinking would be more like different fighting styles. For example, Dante could have Keysi Fighting Method (used in the Nolan Batman films) for human mode Sambo (a grappling/striking/brutal Russian style) for demon mode and Kali (a fast style from the Philippines) for Angel mode. I didn't say Krav Maga because it would have been too obvious.

Vergil can use more traditional styles such as: Japanese Ju-Jutsu (the Samurai/Ninja fighting art) for demon mode, Aiki-jutsu (Aikido) for the Angel mode, and Karate for the human mode, due to its relative straightforwardness.

Noe: Ninjas practiced whatever Samurais were practicing in the sengoku era, which was Koryu Bujutsu, which is also known as true Japanese Ju-jutsu.

"Ninjutsu" the martial art is really just Ju-jutsu with a few more pressure point holds.

Of course, the Silver/Blue/Red gauntlets (Human/Angel/Demon) gauntlets would be available for both, albeit with slightly different designs for all six.

i dont think that theyll change fighting styles with powers but you do bring up a valid idea about fightening styles. i think Dante would have a version of Sambo mixed with ju-jutsu.while vergil would use far more traditional kendo and ju-jutsu if altered to be swifter and deadlier. BTW nin-jutsu was the art of stealth and tactics there were no real martial arts basis for it. for fighting ninjas of the sengoku era learned ju-jutsu with a few grips added to make it more deadly.

regarding your earlier post on the DMC3 story line im going to have to disagree. while ill admit the tale of two brothers fighting isnt the most original concept i think DMC really made it their own. and DMC3 is still my favourite of the franchise so far. but thats my opinion and i respect your right to have your own.

Azurel

i dont think that theyll change fighting styles with powers but you do bring up a valid idea about fightening styles. i think Dante would have a version of Sambo mixed with ju-jutsu.while vergil would use far more traditional kendo and ju-jutsu if altered to be swifter and deadlier. BTW nin-jutsu was the art of stealth and tactics there were no real martial arts basis for it. for fighting ninjas of the sengoku era learned ju-jutsu with a few grips added to make it more deadly.

regarding your earlier post on the DMC3 story line im going to have to disagree. while ill admit the tale of two brothers fighting isnt the most original concept i think DMC really made it their own. and DMC3 is still my favourite of the franchise so far. but thats my opinion and i respect your right to have your own.

Thanks. Yeah, Ninjutsu is not, and never was, a martial art. I fixed my original post to point that out.

I respect your opinion. You presented it professionally because you admitted it was just an opinion. Yeah, I honestly have no idea what Dante will do, or even if he and Vergil will have gauntlets to begin with. Well, hopefully, Ninja Theory will make those weapons, and will be able to make them work with each brother.

Well, I have to go now. See you later.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I always thought of DMC3 as "CAPCOM's version of Inuyasha." and DMC4 as "Bleach's twin." But the new one to me is "CAPCOM's wild night."

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I always thought of DMC3 as "CAPCOM's version of Inuyasha." and DMC4 as "Bleach's twin." But the new one to me is "CAPCOM's wild night."

not gonna lie i agree with you on the bleach thing. i mean neros voice actor playes ichigo (i think :p). buuut i do like bleach so i gave it a pass in my book. never really heard on inuyasha but i asume its a manga/anime from like the 80s. in which case ill just say that theyve been doing the brother on brother story since anceint egypt. wat makes it gr8 is how unique it made the worlds oldest concept.

As for capcoms wild night (which is funny) i like where its headed. it looks dark and maybe psychological like darkness 1 &2. i just hope Capcoms wild fling with ninja theory doesnt become a one night stand we ALLL regret.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Can't you make one conversation with someone who disagrees with you without insulting them?
I'm sorry, I didn't think my comment would offend you so. What exactly did I say that you felt insulted from?

That is NOT what this case is about though! This is about a FICTIONAL world that doesn't affect me, you or anyone else in this world in any personal way. It is just A GAME! The rules made for this fictional world in not something you and I or anyone else than the creators can decide what should and should not be. You can voice your complaint to them, but it won't change anything, because the world of games is NOT a democracy!
If it really is just a game then why did people have such a negative reaction to the announcement.
It's fandom, people do take these things seriously and personally, if that weren't the case then people wouldn't be angry about the alien thing on the Ninja Turtles reboot or the direction NT took the franchise back in '10.

Ninja Theory is not oppressing you. They're not making you work against your will. They're not coming into your house and marching you off to a work camp. You have the right to stand up for your beliefs, but they haven't been forcing anything on you. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
Oh, I'm not. But that whole if you don't like it don't buy it/pay for it is a cop out that stops making sence when you really thing about it.

Please?

i just hope Capcoms wild fling with ninja theory doesnt become a one night stand we ALLL regret.
You mean unwanted pragnacy or life changing STD? Yikes...

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I'll be sure to tell my next NRA meeting that; right before they scalp you for watching My Little Pony.

View attachment 135
The NRA will have nothing against me watching a show, I'm an avid hunter, a faithful customer of Remmington arms, and just because close-minded assholes like you have a problem with me being a brony, doesn't mean everyone in NRA will.
Now you may go back to your daily routine of masturbating and pretending to be a man

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Guys a bit of language please. mrrrandomlulz, you get a warning for that.
Sorry, I just really hate it when people automatically categorize me as "unmanly" for liking My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, instead of taking some of my other interest (Scarface, Deadpool Comics, hunting, ETC) into account, I guess I did lose it for a second there.

Whatcha say, Azurel, truce?
pinkie_pie_wishes_to_brohoof_you_by_ikillyou121-d4o34d1.png

Top Bottom