• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Weapon would be great for the new dante ?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Do you guys like the new ebony&ivory ?

full-1.jpg

I liked both the guns. I liked his old guns because they looked "Old school" and had some class to them. If the guns were human, they'd be sexy B*tches.

I like the new guns because they look futuristic while keeping the look of guns used a long time ago. Plus, the new guns kind of answer the question of why they never need to re charge and why they don't even need new amo.

THEY'RE DEMON GUNS!!

You can do anything with demon guns.

ZeroLove

With the supernatural blood running in his veins, I'm sure Dante is capable of a few things that aren't normal, such as holding big guns steady while rapidly shooting with them, swinging a big heavy sword/scythe/axe, put clothes on while flying through the air, jumping while in air, dashing forward while in air and many other things.

Why is this even a problem? In the end it is just a game, anything is possible.

berto

I Saw the Devil
With the supernatural blood running in his veins, I'm sure Dante is capable of a few things that aren't normal, such as holding big guns steady while rapidly shooting with them, swinging a big heavy sword/scythe/axe, put clothes on while flying through the air, jumping while in air, dashing forward while in air and many other things.

Why is this even a problem? In the end it is just a game, anything is possible.

You know, I've always had an issue with that, Dante's powers. In DMC1 Dante's powers didn't all seem to be super fighting/combat powers, there was a geniune air or otherworldliness to his powers. After DMC1, though, all of his powers just made him superhuman and enhanced his fighting capacities.

If he's got demon blood shouldn't those powers be demonic in nature too.

ZeroLove

You know, I've always had an issue with that, Dante's powers. In DMC1 Dante's powers didn't all seem to be super fighting/combat powers, there was a geniune air or otherworldliness to his powers. After DMC1, though, all of his powers just made him superhuman and enhanced his fighting capacities.

If he's got demon blood shouldn't those powers be demonic in nature too.

Maybe they are demonic in nature. Superhuman strength and speed, superfast regeneration to the point of immortality, stuff like that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Maybe they are demonic in nature. Superhuman strength and speed, superfast regeneration to the point of immortality, stuff like that.
You see, that's what I mean, those are all combat powers, he might as well be Wolverine. Those are not demonic powers, those are battle powers. What ever happen to raising from the ground like a creature from the abyss though the sword that was impailing him to the unholy ground he was laying in.

ReRave

smug jerk
You see, that's what I mean, those are all combat powers, he might as well be Wolverine. Those are not demonic powers, those are battle powers. What ever happen to raising from the ground like a creature from the abyss though the sword that was impailing him to the unholy ground he was laying in.
Well, after DMC2 the series turned into slapstick.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually the stories are great, it's the portrayal of the protagonists that's down right silly.

It's a Japanese thing, there is an architype of hero types that are nonchelant and claim they don't care about squat but are actually very activly trying to do the right thing because it's cooler to pretend you don't give a crap specially infront of the bad guys. You see in films like Versus and the like and on a few animes here and there. It doens't really work anymore for me and it's doing DMC no favors anymore. I hope they don't try to follow that formula here because it's hurting more that it's helping the cool factor it's trying to pull off.

ReRave

smug jerk
Actually the stories are great, it's the portrayal of the protagonists that's down right silly.
Oh please, the story is the same old uninspired **** you see on TV every night. DMC1 was oldfashioned already, but the story never really changed:
Big baddy has some means to bring hell on earth, Dante finds out and sets out to get him. Ending in big explosions, ridiculous quotes and a lot of cheese.

It's a Japanese thing, there is an architype of hero types that are nonchelant and claim they don't care about squat but are actually very activly trying to do the right thing because it's cooler to pretend you don't give a crap specially infront of the bad guys. You see in films like Versus and the like and on a few animes here and there. It doens't really work anymore for me and it's doing DMC no favors anymore. I hope they don't try to follow that formula here because it's hurting more that it's helping the cool factor it's trying to pull off.
My thoughts exactly. I totally understand what Antoniades meant, when he said Dante isn't cool anymore.

ZeroLove

And who are you to define what demonic powers are and what isn't?
Capcom/Ninja Theory have defined that in THEIR made-up world, Dante gains these superhuman powers from his demonic heritage. It doesn't matter what you think is demonic or not, because that is not up to you to decide in Devil May Cry. when you make up your own world with your own demons, you decide what is demonic power and what is not.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Plus a 44. Magnum makes a different sound than what Ebony and Ivory make , so yet again ninja theory , explain THAT!
And I'm an avid hunter, I know this stuff

Top Bottom