• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Weapon would be great for the new dante ?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
It might look like that sort of gun, but that doesn't mean it IS that sort of gun.
No offense, but I highly doubt that, they are supposed to be some kind of demonic revolver from what I have heard. Unless they are 22. caliber, which I highly doubt would do any damage to a demon, they are more or less likely to make a different sound. Chances are they are 44. or 357. caliber, and Tameem even said that this game would even explain GAMEPLAY MECHANICS, well if you are so obsessed with the game making sense, at least get GUN PHYSICS right. For Celestia's sake.

Domenic93

No offense, but I highly doubt that, they are supposed to be some kind of demonic revolver from what I have heard. Unless they are 22. caliber, which I highly doubt would do any damage to a demon, they are more or less likely to make a different sound. Chances are they are 44. or 357. caliber, and Tameem even said that this game would even explain GAMEPLAY MECHANICS, well if you are so obsessed with the game making sense, at least get GUN PHYSICS right. For Celestia's sake.
If I remember correctly they might have been revolvers in 2010 trailer.

Azurel

Plus a 44. Magnum makes a different sound than what Ebony and Ivory make , so yet again ninja theory , explain THAT!
And I'm an avid hunter, I know this stuff

I'll be sure to tell my next NRA meeting that; right before they scalp you for watching My Little Pony.

ZeroLove

Have you ever seen real guns look exactly like those Dante has? They are obviously not of this world, though they slightly appear like it. The things we have seen Dante do with those guns are not something you can do with a real gun, like charging them up to fire out a ball of energy that ricochet between targets. That's not normal. Those guns are not normal and aren't bound to real-life physics. It is the same with the original Dante's guns, they looked very much like normal guns, but the way he used them and could shoot so rapidly, it would eventually break a normal gun like that, but it didn't.

Edit: They could have been normal guns once, but was then modified with demonic energy by Sparda so Dante would be able to use them the way he does now. That's a valid explanation.

Azurel

Pssh, it's obvious you know nothing about demonic weapons. You forgot to mention the rainbows and confetti.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh please, the story is the same old uninspired **** you see on TV every night. DMC1 was oldfashioned already, but the story never really changed:
Big baddy has some means to bring hell on earth, Dante finds out and sets out to get him. Ending in big explosions, ridiculous quotes and a lot of cheese.

I dissagree. If you go back and watch the cutscenes in the demo digest DMC3 and 4 have good stories. People think they're bad because the script is so damn tacky.

And who are you to define what demonic powers are and what isn't?
Capcom/Ninja Theory have defined that in THEIR made-up world, Dante gains these superhuman powers from his demonic heritage. It doesn't matter what you think is demonic or not, because that is not up to you to decide in Devil May Cry. when you make up your own world with your own demons, you decide what is demonic power and what is not.

Who am I? Fine, then who are you to say otherwise? Is this really what you think of when thy say demonic powers? This is what you think the devil is? Haven't you ever seen the Exorcist or the Devil's Avocate?

Azurel

Wouldn't saying otherwise be agreeing to let the creators devise their own type of demonic myth? Therefore, saying otherwise would be letting them write their own stories as they see fit. "Who are they to say otherwise?" The people who let the actual professionals develop them game unimpeded.

Good stories for 3 & 4? Yeah, no. Three was barely serviceable, Four was an abomination.

ZeroLove

I dissagree. If you go back and watch the cutscenes in the demo digest DMC3 and 4 have good stories. People think they're bad because the script is so damn tacky.

Who am I? Fine, then who are you to say otherwise? Is this really what you think of when thy say demonic powers? This is what you think the devil is? Haven't you ever seen the Exorcist or the Devil's Avocate?

*Advocate. And yes, I have. But that doesn't change that we are not the ones who decide what demons can do in THEIR world. It doesn't matter what we think, we aren't the ones making the rules. If Capcom/Ninja Theory says that demonic power in Devil May Cry can just be superhuman strength and speed, then that is what it is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wouldn't saying otherwise be agreeing to let the creators devise their own type of demonic myth? Therefore, saying otherwise would be letting them write their own stories as they see fit. "Who are they to say otherwise?" The people who let the actual professionals develop them game unimpeded.
They? I said 'you.' Opinions; Just like you have one I do too and under this logic none of us get to say squat about anything because they are the profecionals and we are, what? Drones? So buy it, say nothing and like it because they are profecionals. Yeah, no.

Good stories for 3 & 4? Yeah, no. Three was barely serviceable, Four was an abomination.
I you didn't like them that's you but I like them just fine. Like I said, the stories themselves are fine, it was the script that dragged down the story in the games.

It doesn't matter what we think

Is that really ok with you? Or is it just ok because it doesn't bother you? If it did bother you would it still be ok that what we think doesn't matter or would you complain about the crap they're doing because you don't like it?

Azurel

*Advocate. And yes, I have. But that doesn't change that we are not the ones who decide what demons can do in THEIR world. It doesn't matter what we think, we aren't the ones making the rules. If Capcom/Ninja Theory says that demonic power in Devil May Cry can just be superhuman strength and speed, then that is what it is.

I know right? We can't go to the Better Business Bureau because we didn't like how their powers were used for the characters; that's what Disc Locked Content is for. :p

@ berto

No, I think I will say something and show my support for this game, whether you like it or not.

If you think you can make a better game, go to Kickstarter. Hire a team. Do something.

ZeroLove

Is that really ok with you? Or is it just ok because it doesn't bother you? If it did bother you would it still be ok that what we think doesn't matter or would you complain about the crap they're doing because you don't like it?

It doesn't matter if it is okay with me or not, like it doesn't matter if it is okay with you or not. That's just how it is. They make the game, they make their own rules. You can't tell George Lucas that it isn't okay that there are sound in space in the Star Wars movies or that laser swords work like they do, even if it is against real-life physics and knowledge, because HE makes the rules of HIS world, not us, not the fans, not anyone else.

If you don't like it, then you can complain, but that isn't going to change anything.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
The only thing I can really think of is a replacement for gauntlets: Brass Knuckles, maybe. Doesn't account for for his feet, or add much more protection to his arms, but im sure some people would appreciate Dante with a set of name engraved head busters.
It would be possible to pull off the demonic look or angelic feel.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Plus a 44. Magnum makes a different sound than what Ebony and Ivory make , so yet again ninja theory , explain THAT!
And I'm an avid hunter, I know this stuff

Why in DMC2 does his guns make different sounds if they're suppose to be the same M1911 handguns?

berto

I Saw the Devil
It doesn't matter if it is okay with me or not, like it doesn't matter if it is okay with you or not. That's just how it is. They make the game, they make their own rules. You can't tell George Lucas that it isn't okay that there are sound in space in the Star Wars movies or that laser swords work like they do, even if it is against real-life physics and knowledge, because HE makes the rules of HIS world, not us, not the fans, not anyone else.

If you don't like it, then you can complain, but that isn't going to change anything.

Most goverments would love to have you under their flag. What you or I think doesn't matter, deal with it. What a subdued additude. Screw that, if can't say what I like or hate then what tha hell are we doing here? Gathering to praice the unchangable and uncaring?

@ berto

No, I think I will say something and show my support for this game, whether you like it or not.
Good for you! I will follow in suit and say something to show my disdain of this game whether you like it or not.

If you think you can make a better game, go to Kickstarter. Hire a team. Do something.
That is a fine idea, care to finance me as well?

Azurel

The only thing I can really think of is a replacement for gauntlets: Brass Knuckles, maybe. Doesn't account for for his feet, or add much more protection to his arms, but im sure some people would appreciate Dante with a set of name engraved head busters.
It would be possible to pull off the demonic look or angelic feel.

Well, what I'm thinking would be more like different fighting styles. For example, Dante could have Keysi Fighting Method (used in the Nolan Batman films) for human mode Sambo (a grappling/striking/brutal Russian style) for demon mode and Kali (a fast style from the Philippines) for Angel mode. I didn't say Krav Maga because it would have been too obvious.

Vergil can use more traditional styles such as: Japanese Ju-Jutsu (the Samurai/Ninja fighting art) for demon mode, Aiki-jutsu (Aikido) for the Angel mode, and Karate for the human mode, due to its relative straightforwardness.

Note: Ninjas practiced whatever Samurais were practicing in the sengoku era, which was Koryu Bujutsu, which is also known as true Japanese Ju-jutsu.

"Ninjutsu" the martial art is really just Ju-jutsu with a few more pressure point holds.

EDIT: Ninjutsu is NOT a martial art. It's the art of stealth.

Of course, the Silver/Blue/Red gauntlets (Human/Angel/Demon) gauntlets would be available for both, albeit with slightly different designs for all six.

Azurel

Most goverments would love to have you under their flag. What you or I think doesn't matter, deal with it. What a subdued additude. Screw that, if can't say what I like or hate then what tha hell are we doing here? Gathering to praice the unchangable and uncaring?
Ninja Theory is not oppressing you. They're not making you work against your will. They're not coming into your house and marching you off to a work camp. You have the right to stand up for your beliefs, but they haven't been forcing anything on you. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Good for you! I will follow in suit and say something to show my disdain of this game whether you like it or not.
Then do so in a civilized manner.

That is a fine idea, care to finance me as well?
No.

Top Bottom