• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Whoa serious? I had it glitch up and somewhat freeze but not completely though but still, your point is valid because right there is a turn off for any gamer if that happens. It's direction overall, well we will see.

Yep, first DL and first playthrough, the whole thing froze at the town area where the cherub things first appear, had to reset. I'm glad it wasn't a more serious crash also, some people have claimed the demo has done that. It was a turn off - and I was even kinda expecting it to have glitches after reports of others getting them.

VergilNeroDante

Yep, first DL and first playthrough, the whole thing froze at the town area where the cherub things first appear, had to reset. I'm glad it wasn't a more serious crash also, some people have claimed the demo has done that. It was a turn off - and I was even kinda expecting it to have glitches after reports of others getting them.

What system are you running?

I played the demo a few times. Even today - no problems. On X360.

I have an Xbox and it did what I explained but then again, I guess things wont happen to some as it does to others.

VergilNeroDante

For me it's not the 30fps it's just look weird for some reason.
Like somethings are detailed & nice & then objects aren't.
Your playing the 360 version aren't you ?

Nah he has the PS3 demo and not the Xbox but either way, I have seen the game freeze up on me and become slightly glitchy and I have the Xbox demo but thats just my experience though I dont think it's happened to other of course, then again I dont know.

VergilNeroDante

Am I the only one who haven't had any problems with the demo what so ever?

Like I said some do and some don't. I just experienced it whenever I played.
Oh okay.
I froze completely on 360, & i just started.
But demo freezing up i don't hold that against the game itself.
It happens with demos, & like you said issues with a demo varies.

True, but people would like to have solid demo regardless if it's just a demo, seeing how it's freezing and glitchy is something people don't like seeing, even if it might not be in the final project.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I initially tried to DL the 360 version but the XBox itself had account/connection issues at the time, so I went for the PS3 download.

VergilNeroDante

I initially tried to DL the 360 version but the XBox itself had account/connection issues at the time, so I went for the PS3 download.

Ah alrighty then, well either way the game is coming out in 12 days so I wonder how the site will be after its release.

VergilNeroDante

Oh yes, I will be getting MGR regardless of what people say, I have the HD of Metal Gear Solid but never played the 4th one because I don't have a PS3 but that will change soon. Even if I don't understand the story like others, I honestly don't care, I find those games entertaining and fun to play regardless if it's going to be stealth based or action.
Remember Me looks interesting but I will wait for your feedback on that to see whether I should get it or not :D

aoshi

They push things on people enough, they remove options when no one is looking, & they'll say EVERYONE LOVES IT because people buy it.
Capcom will yell EVERYONE LOVES IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS BUYING IT!

obamaxj.jpg

VergilNeroDante

Yea, it's all about the money nowadays but honestly I don't care for the reboot because of various reasons (if i state i will get bashed at) so yea.

Martius

SSSmokin!
If we are not sure what was about, it could be only money. Capcom probaly want turn DMC into franchise like Call of Duty in cheap way, i dont think it will work.

hek7ic

If theirs money to be tapped, then the companies will make sure to see it through. Its a win/win though because fans get a reboot and the producers of the game get money

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I just hope if reboot wont sell well, Capcom will come back to it senses and just give proper sequel to DMC4.

If DmC does not sell well, Capcom will probably cut their losses and drop the franchise, especially with all the turmoil they are curren tly in with failing franchises, losses in revenue, and the litigation they're in with at least one lawsuit regarding emotionally abused employees

Top Bottom