• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

VergilNeroDante

Some people are just more emotionally invested (in unhealthy ways) into the original series than others.

And whats that suppose to mean? Lots still enjoy the original and see it superior over the reboot because its a great series. If this takes over the original then I hope Capcom fails and just falls as a company because to simply put it they cant make up their minds, they could continue both sides rather than drop one and support the other. People complain because they can, and if your so insulted then move on and cater to your own likings rather than trying to support a false judgement about something on others (not towards you Zero). If this reboot become the next so call cool thing then I hope that DMC falls altogether since Capcom is so distressed on getting this right apparently. Even in today's gaming, it's not always about the story, give me ONE game that had a amazing story. I can name a crap load but those are in the days when gaming actually meant something.

@YamatoWielder - If you cant understand openly for other people's opinions then I believe it would be better you move on towards another topic. If all you can do is add fuel to the flame, its rather better to leave because you cant seems to stop hitting on Wicked because of the posts made. If you can give valid points regarding this reboot and why it would be better for the series please enlighten me.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Imsurroundedbyidiots.gif

VergilNeroDante

NinjaTheory wanted to keep the original Dante but Capcom said Nope! If we wanted to keep the original then we'd make DevilMayCry 5 ourselves.

I remember seeing that, which either way, I think again that they should have finished the original and then go with this reboot or just continue both. Not a hard thing to do.

ZeroLove

And whats that suppose to mean?

It means what it says, really. I've chatted with people who have their hearts and souls into the original series and cannot see beyond their obsession. That any opinion beyond their own must be wrong. They can make good points and have the facts right, but as soon someone shares an opinion that differs from theirs, the immaturity and fanboyism in them brings them to make childish comments and attack those people who doesn't share their opinions. Calling a game or a character childish nicknames, because they don't like them... to me that falls under that category of immature behaviour and it is a sign of having an unhealthy attachment to the original series. These fanboys/girls take it personal that Capcom decided to make DmC and therefore starts attacking DmC, the new Dante, Capcom and Ninja Theory with immature comments on forums like this one. Those people are simply too emotionally invested in the original series, and as said, in an unhealthy way.

VergilNeroDante

It means what it says, really. I've chatted with people who have their hearts and souls into the original series and cannot see beyond their obsession. That any opinion beyond their own must be wrong. They can make good points and have the facts right, but as soon someone shares an opinion that differs from theirs, the immaturity and fanboyism in them brings them to make childish comments and attack those people who doesn't share their opinions. Calling a game or a character childish nicknames, because they don't like them... to me that falls under that category of immature behaviour and it is a sign of having an unhealthy attachment to the original series. These fanboys/girls take it personal that Capcom decided to make DmC and therefore starts attacking DmC, the new Dante, Capcom and Ninja Theory with immature comments on forums like this one. Those people are simply too emotionally invested in the original series, and as said, in an unhealthy way.

Well either way, its not fair to fans who still enjoy the original and want to original to continue rather than having something to cover that up. Even as a fan or a fanboy, I really dont care, I see where both sides should get a piece of the pie rather than one having the whole thing. I am a supporter of the original as far as that goes and besides you guys really dont understand what a fanboy is. It is not someone who is obsessed and over the rails for something but rather a supporter and a fan for it. If not here is the def for it.

fanboy

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something. Fans of a particular thing...

ZeroLove

Well either way, its not fair to fans who still enjoy the original and want to original to continue rather than having something to cover that up. Even as a fan or a fanboy, I really dont care, I see where both sides should get a piece of the pie rather than one having the whole thing. I am a supporter of the original as far as that goes and besides you guys really dont understand what a fanboy is. It is not someone who is obsessed and over the rails for something but rather a supporter and a fan for it. If not here is the def for it.

fanboy

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something. Fans of a particular thing...

A fanboy/girl is the term used for people who seem to obsess over something alot more than a regular fan would. Someone who tends to feel like they have a personal attachment to the object of their obsession and will get very defensive about it if spoken negatively about.

It might not be the "right" definition of that term, however, it IS the term used by alot of people across the internet.

I too am a fan of the original series, DMC3 being my favourite of the series and Trish being my favourite character, but I ALSO like what I've seen with the new DmC. I just wish Trish was in there somewhere...

VergilNeroDante

A fanboy/girl is the term used for people who seem to obsess over something alot more than a regular fan would. Someone who tends to feel like they have a personal attachment to the object of their obsession and will get very defensive about it if spoken negatively about.

It might not be the "right" definition of that term, however, it IS the term used by alot of people across the internet.

I too am a fan of the original series, DMC3 being my favourite of the series and Trish being my favourite character, but I ALSO like what I've seen with the new DmC. I just wish Trish was in there somewhere...

Please give a link to the right def then my good sir. Even so if people refer to it like that then thats their choice, i find it to be that def rather then something else but oh well.

ZeroLove

Well actually Zero is right. Many people across the web uses that definition to describe someone defensive about something.

And in that definition that would make all the supporters that are defensive over opinions fanboys/fangirls right Zero ?

Yeah, there are bad apples on both sides. The supporters who is overly defensive about the new game are just as bad as those who are defensive over the original series. I generally dislike extremists, no matter what side they are on.

cd236fcd6431fcd1e7d620afe124d8fc.jpg

Anyway i think it would've been better if EmoMayCry was a branch off of DevilMayCry & not a Reboot.
If it was about Lucia, Trish or Lady.
That would've been cool, a DevilMayCry spin off about Lady.
Call it Devil May Cry Devil Hunter.
A spin-off with the ladies of DMC... I would totally be into that! Playable Trish!!! :D

VergilNeroDante

I don't think it's always a bad thing though.
Fanboys & Fangirls are the ones you can count on to keep that form of entertainment going.
Yea sometimes it's annoying or creepy (OMG guy in GameStop & GearsOfWar) but they're there buying almost everything & following whatever it is closely & they really help keep that form of entertainment alive.
When i go to comic stores we'd laugh about this. Call each other comic geeks & witchblade nerds & not think twice lol.
I'm glad Fanboys & Fangirls are around.
However when they get to threatening others than that's when i worry.
Nick picking over game titles, characters, & graphics, blah blah blah, fine.
They're free to it, as long as it doesn't go into personal attacks & threats then it's time avoid them.

I would have to agree. I, myself have all the DMC figures (well the play arts) from DMC 4 Nero and Dante to DMC 3 Dante and Vergil, along with the anime, collector's book from DMC 4, and alot of other things, so yea I'm a fanboy and proud of it. Wicked makes a great point stating out that by being these people, we can keep what we all love afloat rather than throwing it aside. The fanboys/fangirls of the original are what keeps it going because they still are talking about it. Time will come when things I feel about the reboot will pass and eventually I will consider getting it, but that won't happen until years down the road whenever it becomes cheap, like dirt cheap but that won't happen probably because I will be bored and try it, but I might just borrow it from someone and try it that way, rather than buying it but even then I still don't know. My opinions are just how I look at it and hoping that the original is still alive within not only this community but Capcom as well. I don't like seeing good thing's go to waste because people believe it needs it because of mistake's made, rather than learning and making it better than going to easy route out, not that's a bad thing though.

ZeroLove

What i'm saying is Fanboy or Fangirl each has an opinion & the means to share it, so why not use that opportunity to do so. Respectfully

That's the thing, those I define as fanboys/girls are those who do NOT do so respectfully. They are the ones who keeps bashing heads with others, who keep trash-talking either the game, the company or generally those who has a different opinion than them.

I never said nor would I ever say that people cannot express their opinion about something, but when doing so over and over again while trash-talking, that's when I find it unacceptable.

VergilNeroDante

That's the thing, those I define as fanboys/girls are those who do NOT do so respectfully. They are the ones who keeps bashing heads with others, who keep trash-talking either the game, the company or generally those who has a different opinion than them.

I never said nor would I ever say that people cannot express their opinion about something, but when doing so over and over again while trash-talking, that's when I find it unacceptable.

I understand your point but either way those who would like to freely express the opinions towards something that they dislike will greatly get it with the hate replies and other harsh vulgar. Some I guess just want to start complaints to argue. Trying to have a descent convo regarding the likes and dislikes of a game is kinda hard because some take things out of context which then either results in backlashing or fighting.

Like I've stated before I can support you guys who like the reboot but at least be generous enough to accept my opinions against it and my love towards the original, even if they apparently come out negative which is something I tried not to do.

Reactions: V

ZeroLove

Well, that's the definition which was presented to me.
To me, fanboy/girl is a swear word, a degrading term of those people who defend their source of obsession by praising it to the skies and trash-talking everything and everyone else in a very disrespectful and demeaning manner. That what they like and their own opinions are the right ones and everyone who has a different opinion are wrong, and they will make sure to let you know just that over and over again.

What you describe is what I would call a passionate fan, someone who enjoys his source of obsession without being a defensive assh*le about it, but who can see things from others' perspective and respect others' opinions about it, however, is content with their own view of things without forcing it on others. Sadly, these fans are rarely seen on the internet, because they aren't as loud and numerous as the fanboys/girls as described above.

Personally, I have nothing against people who don't like the things I like, as long they don't attack me for liking something and calls what I like some sh*t that should never have existed. Take DmC for example. I have been a fan of the original series for years, but because I support DmC and think it looks awesome, I have had ALOT of fanboys/girls on my back, especially when I was on the Capcom-Unity forums. It's like they cannot accept that I like both, because to them, someone who likes DmC MUST hate the original DMC series. And they stoop down to the level of calling the new Dante and the new DmC for aweful degrading nicknames, because it simply does not suit them to show enough respect by calling them by their real names. That's why I don't respect people when calling the new Dante for Donte and calls the new DmC for names like "EmoMayCry" and stuff like that, because it is childish and unnecessary.

And sadly, it is only those against DmC I have experienced doing these things. I haven't seen a supporter of DmC calling the original Dante or the original series bad nicknames, because they don't like it. If I ever see it, I will voice to them that I find it disrespectful and unnecessary, that they shouldn't do such, but rather show some respect to the fans of the original series by at least calling the game and Dante their proper names instead of acting childish. As I mentioned above, I dislike extremists of all kinds, because they rarely have room for people with other opinions.

With all this said, know that I do not dislike any of you guys. I do not hate you or disrespect you for not liking DmC and I applaud you for voicing your opinions, sharing your words, as long as you do so in a respectful and mature manner. I want us all to simply get along, despite our differences, and I hope you guys agree with me on this.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The term fanboy/girl may have it's origins as a playful and teasing term, but it is now at large considered a derogetory application of the over obsessive fan who will not admit any flaw and viciously attack anyone who disagrees with their opinion of their fandom.

And yes, VW, your constant belitting and degrading nicknames and inability to respect other people's opinions and openmindedness for BOTH iterations of the series puts you in that catagory.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Please actually read my words instead of twisting them around. You belittle and degrade the GAME with such little insults as "Donte", "Emo", "EmoMayCry", ignoring anyone who points out flaws in your logic that this game is by default horrible when it's not even out yet, encouraging the flaming of this game and not respecting anyone's opinions that it's possible the game may be good...

BTW, I've noted your behavior is indeed childish with the belittling nicknamed for DmC, but I never attacked you, I made an observation, and I never said you attacked me, so...you just called yourself out on that one. Please do your research in the future before telling someone else to do theirs.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
VW, calling a videogame that isn't even out yet by a joke name is equivalent to insulting someone's mom around here.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
First off i never called any of them Donte.
Secondly i've only ignored one person on this entire forum & obviously it's not you.
And haven't you've done exactly what you claim i'm doing?
People has listed things they've found wrong with it, showed actual videos of it happening, given analysis of the gameplay & you pretty much wrote them off as ignorant or childish.
So hey you can put in that catagory all you want, but you'll be in there with me.

No, I've called out people who mock the game instead of respectfully expressing that they don't agree with the changes and respecting the opinion of those that are giving it a chance. Calling teh new Dante "Emo" and referring to teh new game as "EmoMayCry" is disrespectful of the game and indirectly of those that are looking forward to it.

So you put yourself in that catagory, I'm not there.

Top Bottom