• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Come to an agreement and allow P* to help work with the game series. Also the reason to why Dante didn't look like he did in DMC 1 oppose to DMC 4 is simply because of the graphics.

I completely Disagree with that that's the stupidest excuse i've ever heard....

they can easily take the same character model and character palette and port it to next gen rather then that they just came up with DMC 3 dante Version 2

Personally i kinda like new dante more then DMC 4's dante he's just annoying as fc*k

Look at RE 2 and RE:Raccon city

Next gen (2012)
images

Ps1(1998)
images

The Darkside chronicles
images

images
images

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I completely Disagree with that that's the stupidest excuse i've ever heard....

they can easily take the same character model and character palette and port it to next gen rather then that they just came up with DMC 3 dante Version 2

Personally i kinda like new dante more then DMC 4's dante he's just annoying as fc*k

Look at RE 2 and RE:Raccon city

Next gen (2012)
images

Ps1(1998)
images

The Darkside chronicles
images

images
images

Someone who thinks DMC3 Dante is great and DMC4 Dante is annoying as f***? You, sir, are an enigma.
And no, they can't take a character model and port it to next gen. That's pretty much impossible without making it look like the same ****, only with finer edges. The examples you put forward clearly show they redid their looks, they didn't port it, otherwise it would look as ****ty as before, only sharper.

Honestly, DMC4 Dante looks like he's thirty, and DMC1 Dante looks like he's in his twenties, almost thirty to me (he's 28 in DMC1). What if the PS2 could show pores and wrinkles very well? Trust me, he wouldn't look the same. And DMC4 Dante doesn't even have wrinkles, really. He just looks like may have gotten a little broader, which is normal for his age. Really, it's the developers' choice. Dante didn't choose to make himself look broader. He doesn't even wear the same clothes as in DMC1.

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
DMC4 was the best selling game in the franchise when it was released, but a lot of factors came into play.

Itsuno wanted to make his own series, Dragon's Dogma.

It is true that Capcom management surely wanted more sales, but their thinking was somewhat backwards. 2 million people bought DMC3 on the PS2, so they thought DMC4 would sell 4 million ( 2 on 360 and PS3 . Perhaps they didn't say this, but I'm sure they had some stupid idea in there to say "This is inadequate", as that is what they've been doing to constantly be losing their best developers.

Itsuno wanted to stop making DMC series and work on his own, which became Dragon's Dogma.

Keji Inafune became Capcom's general manger, and he saw bad habits. ( I get paid at the end of the week, so why try hard?) in Capcom Japan. He thinks western developers are more hungry and will try harder = he outsources IP's to be made by western developers. Some are successful ( Dead Rising 1 and 2, 2D Bionic Commando games ) and some flopped ( 3D Bionic Commando game and Dark Void ).

Keji also sees that DMC4 was not up to quality, as it was a rushed product (really the Capcom management wanted money NOW instead of taking time to make the game great in the first place). Game is rushed, 1st half stages are reused for 2nd half, filler dice game etc.

He sees Ninja Theory can do good writing because they hired contract movie-script writers for Heavenly Sword & Enslaved games, and green lights the project. They are hired to remake DMC.

Keji Inafune leaves Capcom.

Nobody at Capcom puts a leash on Ninja Theory, where Tameem Antoniades makes his dream game Heavenly Sword 2.0 instead of DMC 5.0. Once the game is practically done, Itsuno has to come in and fix the combat with duct tape and glue with the engine that already exists.
Where did you get all your info?! o_O That's a mighty lot- & thx a bunch for sharing it! But this is just SAD! All b/c of money- this world has become so greedy, it's almost impossible for it to turn away from that sin! (not just the gaming & entertainment industries, but now dr's, hospitals, even many grocery stores, etc.- money! money! money! It's what it's all about- the root of all evil!!) I just don't understand why a certain amount is not enough- it's like rich ppl, or ppl more well off (in mid-class, even though that's fading), WERE like, "Ok, I get $10,000/day- this is great!" & now "Now I get $15,000?! That's B-S! I need $20,000 or more"- kind of attitude, but what satisfaction do they get if they already have everything? Wouldn't they get bored?! And if for power, wouldn't there be that someone who'd finally top THEM & take over & get that power? Wouldn't the same thing happen to THAT person who reclaimed that other's power?! I mean, this is silly! xP
Anyway- this is just a vent reaction, b/c it seems since the 2000s came, all of entertainment began to flush down the toilet! Music isn't as meaningful/relateable as it used to be, movies aren't as interesting, & the games are becoming boring!! :| (or am I the only one thinking this??)

Age of Nero

The Character changes were bound to happen personally i kinda like this version of vergil he has more depth in his character but its never used to its full potential due to the boring plot.. well lets see what happens in the DLC "Vergil's downfall"

I would be more grateful if they just keep the difference between DMC and DmC characters otherwise it would be pretty lazy for a reboot

Because they completely deleted that idea and the team working on that :(

Well he was changed in every game dude.. i love the first Dante.. but i hate all other dante's Character&appearance wise..

dmc1dante.jpg
1's Dante Just PERFECT BADASS !
images
2's dante too silent and gloomy
images
3's dante too animeish and loud mouted little brat (But it was okay for his age)
images
4's dante just UGH.. WTF ? why isn't he like DMC1's dante ?

mqdefault.jpg
Well.. um it was expected now he's an alley hooligan hooray!

That's because DMC 4 was multi-platform and if you compare DMC HD collection it sells more then DmC

talk about unfulfilled deeds of kenji

He made Megaman X for psp and It WAS BEST Megaman X game i've ever PLAYED ! why the truck he didn't make more ? i don't have an idea..
rofl I love the photo captions! :p But I actually favored DMC3's Dante, believe it or not. But DMC1 was next to kin! DMC2 was ok, but I found DMC4's a lil better b/c of his humor, even though he needed more maturity than shown in that one! But the DmC one, I was like -____- at first, but by the end, his concern with Kat & all he had learnt of his past, got me to like this character- I just favor all the older ones! :p
BUT I'm still infuriated over Vergil's! I mean no offense to those who like his- his appearance his wicked awesome, even though I like the older version better, but his attitude is like *eh* m.____.m xP

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Someone who thinks DMC3 Dante is great and DMC4 Dante is annoying as f***? You, sir, are an enigma.

I find a 5 yr old cute when she tries to imitate my voice.. but when a 20 yr old man does that I FIND IT ANNOYING !

DMC 3's dante was in his 20's he was a loud mouth jerk and he's supposed to be like that because of his young age and less experience and its fun to watch him goof around..

DMC 4's He is the Dante AFTER DMC 1 there is NO REASON for him to be behaving like a jerk and loud mouthed little kid ! there's not need for him to be fu*k!ng around like a kid rather then being a BADASS he's supposed to be

And no, they can't take a character model and port it to next gen. That's pretty much impossible without making it look like the same ****, only with finer edges. The examples you put forward clearly show they redid their looks

Nice you're evading my point in a horizon... but my point is clear Dante's looks are NOT CONSISTENT AT ALL !

Honestly, DMC4 Dante looks like he's thirty, and DMC1 Dante looks like he's in his twenties, almost thirty to me (he's 28 in DMC1). What if the PS2 could show pores and wrinkles very well? Trust me, he wouldn't look the same And DMC4 Dante doesn't even have wrinkles, really. He just looks like may have gotten a little broader, which is normal for his age

I DON'T CARE about aging bullshit he's a video game Character i want him to look as close to the Original !

When the anime can do it why can't the game ??
images

they can keep leon's appearance consistent WHY can't they do with Dante ?

Really, it's the developers' choice. Dante didn't choose to make himself look broader. He doesn't even wear the same clothes as in DMC1.

Then yeah fu*k the developer's ! I buy the GAME ! I want him to look&Behave like DMC 1 dante

I don't want a MANCHILD for Dante !

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why is it so hard for game develpers to use almsot exact same graphics with very few minor details?
Take DMC4 for example. They could use the saem graphics with minor added designs. New weapons. New areas.
They could release devilmaycry game in 1080p as dmc4 is in 720p. Look at Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I liek teh graphics in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 but Ninja Gaiden III uses 720P. Graphics are holding but it looks to large. GPU in PS3 is not very good for today games. About Ninja Gaiden Sigma they use the processor source in soem kind of upscaling for the GPU.
Then there is story and plot. That is the hardest part then? Or is it just money now? In the 90s. Movie makers wehre already rich for a logn time. At that time game developers were not that big. Today they are bigger than ever but they lack new ideas.
Are they really working with the thought of higher economy or do they really like making games. To provide fantasy and imagination for the nations. Money or interest? Or maybe both in some places. I still don't know why som many game developers are like that. There are still creativity and good things in this world I believe. I want a Devil May Cry 5. Japanese style and good character backgrounds and design. Nice music and a good story plot.
Came from east. Turned west. Return to east!

EDIT: I only played DMC4 and watched DMC Anime. I like those without any doubt but I must say
Dante from DMC 2 looks so cool and silent!

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I find a 5 yr old cute when she tries to imitate my voice.. but when a 20 yr old man does that I FIND IT ANNOYING !

DMC 3's dante was in his 20's he was a loud mouth jerk and he's supposed to be like that because of his young age and less experience and its fun to watch him goof around..

DMC 4's He is the Dante AFTER DMC 1 there is NO REASON for him to be behaving like a jerk and loud mouthed little kid ! there's not need for him to be fu*k!ng around like a kid rather then being a BADASS he's supposed to be

Nice you're evading my point in a horizon... but my point is clear Dante's looks are NOT CONSISTENT AT ALL !

I DON'T CARE about aging bullshit he's a video game Character i want him to look as close to the Original !

images

Then yeah fu*k the developer's ! I buy the GAME ! I want him to look&Behave like DMC 1 dante

you're right they've gone too far they MADE HIM USE GUNS

What does 'to evade someone's point in a horizon' mean? As far as I know, that's not proper English. Besides, I wasn't avoiding the point at all. I was responding to one thing you clearly said. I responded very clearly, so I don't see what I'm supposed to be avoiding.

Nobody cares that you like the DMC1 version of Dante the most. Not all of Dante's appearances have to be consistent in looks. I understand you like DMC1 Dante the most, and I'm not judging you. My point is, it's the developers' choice, and I'm sure they had some reason for it. It's probably because DMC3 and DMC4 were created by different people than the guys who created DMC1. As a result, you've got a sarcastic, cynical Dante in DMC4 like the one in DMC3. And, well, I like it. It's not childish - unless you consider sarcasm and cynicism to be childish by default. A lot of people feel he's been more badass since his personality shift.

Dante has always been a 'manchild', at least a bit. I guess it would make sense since he lost his mother when he was eight.

As for your comment to that other guy about Vergil using guns, get over it. DmC is a reboot; it's not meant to be exactly like the old DMC. It seems to me that this Vergil has no honor like the one from DMC3, and honestly, that's fine. There's a good story to be told for both versions of Vergil, so your opinion isn't really relevant at this time.

But I don't think we're still talking about the same subject. Anyway, that's what I think. Not trying to rub you the wrong way, but I'm just saying your opinion isn't the most important one.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
so I don't see what I'm supposed to be avoiding.
Well you got technical into 'Dante's model swapping" when i was clearly talking about his inconsistent appearance that's kinda deviating...
Not all of Dante's appearances have to be consistent in looks
A consistent appearance is what makes a character more iconic and memorable
It's probably because DMC3 and DMC4 were created by different people than the guys who created DMC1. As a result, you've got a sarcastic, cynical Dante in DMC4 like the one in DMC3
That doesn't make any sense it made sense in DMC 3 because he was young but in DMC4 No freaking way ! its supposed to be just after DMC 1 does that mean DMC 1 is an alternate universe ? it seems like so...
And, well, I like it. It's not childish - unless you consider sarcasm and cynicism to be childish by default. A lot of people feel he's been more badass since his personality shift.
It is Childish,immature and Crass and i don't certainly consider idiotic personalities like that "Badass"

Dante who used to wear Red Demon hunter attire now wears a stupid cowboy hybrid bullsh!t

Dante who used to have a badass hero attitude with one liners is now an annoying,inane frivolous jackass
Dante has always been a 'manchild', at least a bit
Not much in the first game..
As for your comment to that other guy about Vergil using guns, get over it
I already "got over it" i was just pointing out that Vergil is revamped from ground up
I'm just saying your opinion isn't the most important one.
Wait.. is there a such thing as 'Important opinion' ?? geez i would like to know what it is like
Nobody cares that you like the DMC1 version of Dante the most
Well some ppl still care like @Cooldemon,@DanTe_InCoGniTo,@Domenic93,@Tony_Redgrave and some others which i don't remember but yeah they all "Care" about my opinion

Age of Nero

images

EXACTLY! They kept Leon near the same, just a lil older in appearance- no big deal. But Dante went from awesome to O___o Yes, he does behave as if things aren't that big a deal in DMC4, which isn't as cool as his older characters, but the new DmC reboot on his appearance is like *eh*!! But what got me even more hotheaded was they destroyed vergil to the max- making him silent, slick, & level-headed to a complete happy go lucky, almost goody 2-shoe weakling, even though his appearance was pretty awesome. I just don't get why they did this. :|

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
EXACTLY! They kept Leon near the same, just a lil older in appearance- no big deal. But Dante went from awesome to O___o Yes, he does behave as if things aren't that big a deal in DMC4, which isn't as cool as his older characters, but the new DmC reboot on his appearance is like *eh*!! But what got me even more hotheaded was they destroyed vergil to the max- making him silent, slick, & level-headed to a complete happy go lucky, almost goody 2-shoe weakling, even though his appearance was pretty awesome. I just don't get why they did this. :|
...DmC!vergil isn't happy go lucky goody two-shoes weakling, he's a manipultive power-hording egomaniac with ambitions of reigning over the humans because he sees THEM as weak and frail, which honestly isn't THAT different from DMC3!Vergil who had ambitions of power...for the sake of power, and looked down on humans as weak, frail, and inferior...much like DmC!Vergil.

yeah, I'm not seeing much difference other than DmC!Vergil is just more intellectual in his method of operations and behind the scenes rather than direct force.

And don't pull the "honor" card, because DMC3!Vergil had little of that himself, he was just arrogant and trying to pass it off as honor.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well you got technical into 'Dante's model swapping" when i was clearly talking about his inconsistent appearance that's kinda deviating...

A consistent appearance is what makes a character more iconic and memorable

That doesn't make any sense it made sense in DMC 3 because he was young but in DMC4 No freaking way ! its supposed to be just after DMC 1 does that mean DMC 1 is an alternate universe ? it seems like so...

It is Childish,immature and Crass and i don't certainly consider idiotic personalities like that "Badass"

Dante who used to wear Red Demon hunter attire now wears a stupid cowboy hybrid bullsh!t

Dante who used to have a badass hero attitude with one liners is now an annoying,inane frivolous jackass

Not much in the first game..

I already "got over it" i was just pointing out that Vergil is revamped from ground up

Wait.. is there a such thing as 'Important opinion' ?? geez i would like to know what it is like
Well some ppl still care like @Cooldemon,@DanTe_InCoGniTo,@Domenic93,@Tony_Redgrave and some others which i don't remember but yeah they all "Care" about my opinion

I was replying to your statement that you can take an old character model, put it into a new game, and it would look better. I wasn't replying to anything else. If I gave you the impression that I did, I'm sorry.

You have to understand this is all your opinion. I like it that DMC4 Dante still knows how to act funny and tauntingly at his age (thirty or so). It's not idiotic at all. You know what's idiotic and juvenile? The Dante from DmC who can't stop saying things like ''what makes you think I give a ****'' and ''**** you'' and ''I'm your prom date, you ugly sack of ****''. And that Dante is about twenty years old, from the looks of him, so that's not that young either. At least DMC4 Dante's humor actually had some depth to it rather than puking all his thoughts out.

Dante wears cowboy boots. So what? It's part of his image of 'playful yet powerful'. DMC3's Vergil wore boots. Why wouldn't you be upset about that? It's part of his image as well.

Dante still has one-liners, or did I miss something? It's in every friggin cutscene in DMC4. But I don't consider him a higher quality character if he spouts out one-liners all the time. I care more about character, background, appearance and so on.

Yes, Vergil is revamped. That's part of the game being a reboot, so it's pointless to say it ''doesn't make any sense'' or ''that's not Vergil''. It IS Vergil; the DmC version of him, and when you consider his character, his use of a gun makes sense too.

I honestly would refrain from stating my opinion if it didn't contribute to the thread. It's like if people keep spamming things - I'd tell them to stop too. Still, you have the right to voice your opinion, so please do. I agree with you completely, though. I think Capcom should've just stuck to one type of Dante (preferably the one from DMC1) because it's like you're betrayed every time a new Dante appears. I feel the same way.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

I don't think the Leon from RE6 is anything like the one from RE4. In 4, he's similar to Dante (unsurprisingly, since RE4 and DMC1 are closely related). He says quite a number of one-liners (''where's everybody going? Bingo?'') and is fairly aggressive and has experience dealing with zombies. In RE6, he's passive and doesn't use one-liners, as far as I can remember. He wanted to save some people and Helena told him it was too late. Now that didn't make sense.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You have to understand this is all your opinion
duh.gif

I like it that DMC4 Dante still knows how to act funny and tauntingly at his age It's not idiotic at all.
Opinion not a fact people of older age act more maturely
You know what's idiotic and juvenile? The Dante from DmC who can't stop saying things like ''what makes you think I give a ****'' and ''**** you'' and ''I'm your prom date, you ugly sack of ****''
Yes and that fits his character perfectly
DMC4 Dante's humor actually had some depth to it rather than puking all his thoughts out.
He wasn't humorous he was annoying as ****
Dante wears cowboy boots. So what? It's part of his image of 'playful yet powerful'. DMC3's Vergil wore boots. Why wouldn't you be upset about that? It's part of his image as well.
He doesn't wear "Cowboy Boots" he wears a whole costume of stupidity rather then a plain Red Demon-hunter outfit

images
images
Who would you take more seriously ? a person dressed up in a fancy red coat with stupid leather vest and cowbay pants ? lady gaga gloves ? pfft no way !

OR the the one the right who's wearing a traditional badass Demon Hunter costume ?

If i recall he wasn't much of a fancy boy in DMC3 either he wore a simple pants,Boots and a normal red raincoat styled jacket but this dante seems to be interested in wearing stupid clothes and being an overly pretentious douche
Dante still has one-liners, or did I miss something? It's in every friggin cutscene in DMC4. But I don't consider him a higher quality character if he spouts out one-liners all the time. I care more about character, background, appearance and so on
There is a difference between how to say those one liners and what those one liners are Batman&Robin had a lot of them was that fun ?

This is badass&Memorable

This is NOT.... he sounds like a movie character pretending to be badass...
Yes, Vergil is revamped. That's part of the game being a reboot, so it's pointless to say it
I've already acknowledged that
I think Capcom should've just stuck to one type of Dante (preferably the one from DMC1) because it's like you're betrayed every time a new Dante appears. I feel the same way.

well its newer fans like you are more attracted to the DMC 3 dante so they thought it would be a nice idea to change his character once again

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
duh.gif

Opinion not a fact people of older age act more maturely

Yes and that fits his character perfectly

He wasn't humorous he was annoying as ****

He doesn't wear "Cowboy Boots" he wears a whole costume of stupidity rather then a plain Red Demon-hunter outfit

images
images
Who would you take more seriously ? a person dressed up in a fancy red coat with stupid leather vest and cowbay pants ? lady gaga gloves ? pfft no way !

OR the the one the right who's wearing a traditional badass Demon Hunter costume ?

If i recall he wasn't much of a fancy boy in DMC3 either he wore a simple pants,Boots and a normal red raincoat styled jacket but this dante seems to be interested in wearing stupid clothes and being an overly pretentious douche

There is a difference between how to say those one liners and what those one liners are Batman&Robin had a lot of them was that fun ?

This is badass&Memorable

This is NOT.... he sounds like a movie character pretending to be badass...

I've already acknowledged that

well its newer fans like you are more attracted to the DMC 3 dante so they thought it would be a nice idea to change his character once again

My point was that you can't go around saying ''DMC4 Dante acts childish. He's an idiot'' without acknowledging that's not a fact. Rather, it's your opinion, and stating your opinion over and over again isn't helping anyone. Besides, games aren't meant to be just realistic - especially not DMC. If they want to make DMC4 Dante a kind of jester, that's fine. It's their choice, and they don't need to think about what's realistic.

You do realize he doesn't even look all that different from DMC1 Dante in terms of clothing? He traded in his long (some would argue feminine) boots for cowboy boots. Both options seem equally stupid to me. Basically the same coat, the same haircut, still has motorcycle gloves. There's no such thing as a ''demon hunter outfit'' as you call it. Honestly, I think he might look worse if he still wore the DMC1 clothing. He's thirty now, so he needs to adapt to his age at least a little bit. So a quarter leg height boots and straps on his legs might not look so great anymore.
Lady Gaga gloves... give me a break. Is Lady Gaga the only point of reference for you? That's sad :p Besides, he wears basically the same gloves in DMC1.

''Newer fans like you?'' Dude, I've played all DMCs, ever since I-don't-know-what age. Not the legal age to be playing those games, in any case. I even played games like Mortal Kombat when I was eight.

It's all a matter of taste, and there's no 'bad taste' in this case. I'd only go so far as to call something 'in bad taste' if it looked wrong, like blue and green clothing combined, or red and puke green. I won't deny such a thing as bad taste exists, but this is quite an ambiguous case - too ambiguous to say ''it looks terrible. Period''.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
My point was that you can't go around saying ''DMC4 Dante acts childish. He's an idiot'' without acknowledging that's not a fact Rather, it's your opinion and stating your opinion over and over again isn't helping anyone
I'm partially correct with my OP Dante's character development,appearances and personalities are terribly inconsistent and he's acting like a pretentious idiot and that's my Opinion and i'm pretty damn sure many people who're reading this thread would agree with me on that and why should i restrain myself from saying that ? i don't know..
Besides, games aren't meant to be just realistic especially not DMC. If they want to make DMC4 Dante a kind of jester, that's fine. It's their choice, and they don't need to think about what's realistic
Unrealistic = Yes it always was

But out of logic ? Dante has MPD ? lady dresses like a hore ? Dante suddenly has obsession with circus clothing ? At least they could've shown in a cutscene where he bumps his brain and gets retarded and then DMC4 starts it should've been bouns video or something

Because honestly devs if you're continuing the same story at least make it believable that the story and character personalities are consistent
You do realize he doesn't even look all that different from DMC1 Dante in terms of clothing?
Yes from a far far distance maybe....
He traded in his long boots for cowboy boots
What is up with the boots ? who the hell cares what he wears for his boots ? that's the last thing which comes to my mind when i think about any character's appearance -_-"
Both options seem equally stupid to me. Basically the same coat, the same haircut, still has motorcycle gloves
Nah the design of older coat was simple
Devil-May-Cry-Dante-Halloween-Cosplay-Costume-373_2.jpg

.. this one's fancy

Untitled.jpg

dem pants just make me double faceapalm......
There's no such thing as a ''demon hunter outfit'' as you call it. I think he might look worse if he still wore the DMC1 clothing
Well its a standard kind of outfits used in many movies.. i liked DMC 1 dante's costume in DMC3 i would've loved to see some in DMC 4
He's thirty now, so he needs to adapt to his age at least a little bit
Yes ! you're right that's what he needs to do don a fancy costume fu*k!ng around like an immature jackass like he was in DMC 3 totally forgetting that he has a really bad past and he shouldn't be acting like this in the first place
So a quarter leg height boots and straps on his legs might not look so great anymore
What the.. do you boot fetish or something ? because what a character's wearing on his/her feet is the last thing i notice
Lady Gaga gloves... give me a break. That's sad :p Besides, he wears basically the same gloves in DMC1.

If you have perfectly working eyes you can see what is what

danterose.jpg
why did he cut off two fingers ? lady gaga does something like that too for the sake of "fashion"
'Dude, I've played all DMCs, ever since I-don't-know-what age. Not the legal age to be playing those games, in any case. I even played games like Mortal Kombat when I was eight.
Playing M rated games at young age and having a preference in a video game character is not the same thing
It's all a matter of taste, and there's no 'bad taste' in this case
eh.. did i miss something ? because i never mentioned about anyone's opinion being inferior

well for me his outfit and personality in DMC 4 is downright terrible... not because he isn't fun because he's nothing like the character he's supposed to be

IN the end he just comes off like as cheap version of DMC3 who's not likable anymore and ruben can pretty much do a nice mature dante while keeping his coolness as seen in anime

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Eh, actually the gloves had the fingers clipped for better skin/trigger traction contact, it's actually pretty commonfor gunner's gloves, But as to the rest of the "Italian Fashion Cowboy" outfit...I have to agree, I can't stand the total package. The f*ckin chaps had the boot shafts BUILT IN as frigging bootcovers. I love the coat and under shirt, but it's the chaps that just ruined it for me.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I was replying to your statement that you can take an old character model, put it into a new game, and it would look better. I wasn't replying to anything else. If I gave you the impression that I did, I'm sorry.

Yo like it that DMC4 Dante still knows how to act funny and tauntingly at his age (thirty or so). It's not idiotic at all. .

what i really really really didnt like about DMC4 Dante is that he is just a parody of himself. he's an overpowered, unmotivated, lazy joker. the enitrety of the game he doesnt try at all. like ever. he just sits back, runs around a bit and gives the task to nero the moment he can. he goes through no arc, no change, no struggle. he just waves rebellion around and all the problems are solved.

at least DmC Dante changes, at least he learns and matures over the course of the game. he swears considerably less as the game progresses and he cares more about the safety of others than himself. Values that seem almost completely lost on DMC4 Dante.

Age of Nero

I don't think the Leon from RE6 is anything like the one from RE4. In 4, he's similar to Dante (unsurprisingly, since RE4 and DMC1 are closely related). He says quite a number of one-liners (''where's everybody going? Bingo?'') and is fairly aggressive and has experience dealing with zombies. In RE6, he's passive and doesn't use one-liners, as far as I can remember. He wanted to save some people and Helena told him it was too late. Now that didn't make sense.
rofl :p In THAT case, he is pretty different- I'm guessing over the years, his personality changed- but as appearance goes, there's much difference- that's what I meant- sorry; I should have worded it a bit different.
I did love him in RE4- but in RE6, he does seem more passive & way over his head with Ada- as if he enjoys the pain of being screwed over by her, but in 4, even though he was kind of the same, he was more smart mouthed, & that was awesome! q: lol

Age of Nero

what i really really really didnt like about DMC4 Dante is that he is just a parody of himself. he's an overpowered, unmotivated, lazy joker. the enitrety of the game he doesnt try at all. like ever. he just sits back, runs around a bit and gives the task to nero the moment he can. he goes through no arc, no change, no struggle. he just waves rebellion around and all the problems are solved.

at least DmC Dante changes, at least he learns and matures over the course of the game. he swears considerably less as the game progresses and he cares more about the safety of others than himself. Values that seem almost completely lost on DMC4 Dante.
True- that's what I hated about the Dante on DMC4 the most- it was as if things were not that big a deal, & he behaved more childish like- I did like him to an extent, but I liked him least on 4 (I've played 3 & 4, working on 1 now, & watched the scenes to 2- that I'll play after 1)- & from all I've seen, DMC4 version of him is my least fav.
And on DmC, his character is sweet, smart mouthed, maturing a bit, & even loyal- but I still favor the older games... [sigh] d:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Eh, actually the gloves had the fingers clipped for better skin/trigger traction contact, it's actually pretty commonfor gunner's gloves, But as to the rest of the "Italian Fashion Cowboy" outfit...I have to agree, I can't stand the total package. The f*ckin chaps had the boot shafts BUILT IN as frigging bootcovers. I love the coat and under shirt, but it's the chaps that just ruined it for me.

dude you're talking logic in DMC Dante has a giant sword in his back with no freaking grip + he's a demon who can just direct swords to his hands as shown in the anime..

yeah the belts make him look like an action figure lmao

I did love him in RE4- but in RE6, he does seem more passive & way over his head with Ada- as if he enjoys the pain of being screwed over by her, but in 4, even though he was kind of the same, he was more smart mouthed, & that was awesome! q: lol

AH... RE6 is one screwed up game on its own

Top Bottom