• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

VergilNeroDante

Well either way they should make a skin that is DMC 3 related to just shut us up i guess since we wont get the DMC 5 until they see fit which i think they wont make since Capcom literally sucks. I see them failing and giving the series to NT. Unless i see that happening i wont touch this crap. Im upset since the series wasnt dead and people bitched too much that it went to the making of a reboot. People didnt understand that since DMC was still new in the process on the ps2 there would have been flaws, DMC 1 was great, DMC 2 was good in its way, Capcom tried to improve it by adding stuff and apparently that went the wrong way, story wise could have been alittle better but whatever, learning from their mistakes because Dante was too quiet and wasnt cool and apparently overpowered, they were able to continue the series with a prequel, by giving Dante a more outlook toward being young and arrogant. There they were able to keep some of the ideas they had from DMC 2 and improve those into something amazing. Introducing Vergil and somewhat of their story was great, which lead to DMC 4 which brought in a new character because i guess Capcom couldnt come up with something interesting that would continue after DMC 2 since everyone hated it. Nero was a good twist but it didnt explain anything about the game or much its characters. So even with decent sells (which sold the most) Capcom decided since the game was at its peak they would just reboot it and give it to NT not because they apparently have amazing story telling abilities (which i think is a joke) but because they didnt want to make a DMC 5. Capcom keeps making stupid excuses on their thoughts towards DMC, and if you ask me they really dont care for the series instead of NT (even they dont know anything about the story besides what Capcom told them) so whatever i hate Capcom and can see them falling soon because they have two major series' DMC and Resident Evil and one fails then im sure the other will.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well either way they should make a skin that is DMC 3 related to just shut us up i guess since we wont get the DMC 5 until they see fit which i think they wont make since Capcom literally sucks. I see them failing and giving the series to NT. Unless i see that happening i wont touch this crap. Im upset since the series wasnt dead and people bitched too much that it went to the making of a reboot. People didnt understand that since DMC was still new in the process on the ps2 there would have been flaws, DMC 1 was great, DMC 2 was good in its way, Capcom tried to improve it by adding stuff and apparently that went the wrong way, story wise could have been alittle better but whatever, learning from their mistakes because Dante was too quiet and wasnt cool and apparently overpowered, they were able to continue the series with a prequel, by giving Dante a more outlook toward being young and arrogant. There they were able to keep some of the ideas they had from DMC 2 and improve those into something amazing. Introducing Vergil and somewhat of their story was great, which lead to DMC 4 which brought in a new character because i guess Capcom couldnt come up with something interesting that would continue after DMC 2 since everyone hated it. Nero was a good twist but it didnt explain anything about the game or much its characters. So even with decent sells (which sold the most) Capcom decided since the game was at its peak they would just reboot it and give it to NT not because they apparently have amazing story telling abilities (which i think is a joke) but because they didnt want to make a DMC 5. Capcom keeps making stupid excuses on their thoughts towards DMC, and if you ask me they really dont care for the series instead of NT (even they dont know anything about the story besides what Capcom told them) so whatever i hate Capcom and can see them falling soon because they have two major series' DMC and Resident Evil and one fails then im sure the other will.

berneydidnotread.gif

VergilNeroDante

Well even so, i could go on but it doesnt matter whats done is done. Each game was good in its own way but left out many thing that could have easily told us about the story but again thats on Capcom. This reboot might have an "interesting story" but as far as sells go i think it wont do well but then again i might be wrong. With DMC 4 they could have easily thrown in the story that filled the gaps for what reaons they didnt i dont know, i just can see Crapcom handing the series over to NT down the road.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Your reply to the thread is pointless. Im just stating facts, that seem more legit than this reboot.

He has a point, TBH. Running out of ideas doesn't mean they're lazy. I just wanna tell you that Resident Evil went downhill because of RE6. And it was Capcom themselves who made that game. Actually, Ninja Theory's first design for Dante is the same as the original yet the Capcom guys rejected it, stating that they will just make a new Devil May Cry game themselves if they'll go to that design.

And no, you're not stating 'facts'. You're just RANTING to incite HATE. Deal with it.

VergilNeroDante

Well i have every right to rant and complain. Yea i know about the first design NT thought of but oh well, you can buy it and have your fun, i will enjoy the original for years to come.

Your words are nothing more than words, i will let you fanny boys play your reboot whenever it comes out. Also the reboot is nothing more than a rehashed version of all the game put together, so all thats new are the design, environments, and story nothing else, everything else is the same.

DragonMaster2010

Well even so, i could go on but it doesnt matter whats done is done. Each game was good in its own way but left out many thing that could have easily told us about the story but again thats on Capcom. This reboot might have an "interesting story" but as far as sells go i think it wont do well but then again i might be wrong. With DMC 4 they could have easily thrown in the story that filled the gaps for what reaons they didnt i dont know, i just can see Crapcom handing the series over to NT down the road.

As long as it's better then SMC4, I'll be all good.

DragonMaster2010

Your words are nothing more than words, i will let you fanny boys play your reboot whenever it comes out. Also the reboot is nothing more than a rehashed version of all the game put together, so all thats new are the design, environments, and story nothing else, everything else is the same.

tumblr_mf4dcqmdq71rblqwco1_400.gif

It's everything that made the old DMC series good, in one game. I don't see how that's considered bad.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind

And I sense some arrogance in your post. Ugh.

VergilNeroDante

Point is, the reboot isnt needed, talking to brick walls really is hard to get things through, whatever, you fanny boys can enjoy the reboot while i, a fanboy of the original, will enjoy the original. Either way we are all happy.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
You clearly are not happy, being how derisive toward those open to giving the NT Reboot a chance you are, called us "Fanny Boys" when infact you are being a closeminded "fanboy" who ignores any and all constructive comments that were in response to your questions. You are being arrogant, and are acting like a brick wall because you just repeating teh same thing even after it's been deconstructed by others. Perhaps you should examine your own attitudes before slinging labels at others.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Because Capcom was running out of ideas with Devil May Cry and in my opinion this reboot is much needed because the series was on the verge of stagnation. We're looking at a series that's over a decade old and you can tell the series was dated. 4 was another bad entry and was a prime example of a series push through the ringer after being shaken down for sequels. I don't care about the continuation of the story at this point. For one, it's not like they were strong anyway. The reboot is definitely doing things that I thought should have been done for the series a long time ago all while paying tribute and giving nods to the previous games. I think it's a game that should please new and old fans alike and now this franchise has more hope for the future.

VergilNeroDante

Well seeing how you all delude yourself with a game that is suppose to be more mature and more entertaining from the original, if you ask me you are all trying to find ways to keep yourself to buy this game. Regardless this game is nothing like what Devil May Cry really is. You can keep joking yourself but in the end you will know the truth. Again this game doesnt deserve the title nor anything related to the game series, but then again its name has been tainted for obvious mistakes and reasons. This game look flat and not interesting.

The problem I have is his human counter-part is now angel, giving him no reason to care or sympathise for the human race. His father being a demon and loving a human is why Dante feels the way he does. It isn't just the moral good/bad that comes from being half human, but being one of the humans. When demons kill or talk bad about them, they are also, in a sense, doing it to him. Taking out the human aspect to Dante, his character makes no sense

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
To be fair, Capcom's just been reusing the same story for the most part in each Game; Dante has conflict with figure from his past, Dante goes into demonic stronghold, Dante Confronts Vergil/defeats figure from his past. 4 tried to get away from that formula, and ironically, so did 2, but Dante was a last minute addition to the plot of 2 since it was originally going to feature Lucia with DMC1 as backstory regarding SPARDA'S actions.

Ironic that the game sthat try a different story tend to be lambasted for doing so, but then people complain about eth same story being reused still.

VergilNeroDante

Because Capcom was running out of ideas with Devil May Cry and in my opinion this reboot is much needed because the series was on the verge of stagnation. We're looking at a series that's over a decade old and you can tell the series was dated. 4 was another bad entry and was a prime example of a series push through the ringer after being shaken down for sequels. I don't care about the continuation of the story at this point. For one, it's not like they were strong anyway. The reboot is definitely doing things that I thought should have been done for the series a long time ago all while paying tribute and giving nods to the previous games. I think it's a game that should please new and old fans alike and now this franchise has more hope for the future.

Reason being is because they have a ****ty producer (Itsuno) running behind the game, if Kamiya came back things would have been better off. I honestly blame him (Itsuno) the reason DMC is getting this flat reboot. Each cutscene including dialogue and the demo proved enough to me that its stale, and not worth my money, of course you wont care but whatever, my opinion. Oh and NT isnt all that great with story telling. Two games? Well thats saying something if they re apparently praised for their work.

VergilNeroDante

To be fair, Capcom's just been reusing the same story for the most part in each Game; Dante has conflict with figure from his past, Dante goes into demonic stronghold, Dante Confronts Vergil/defeats figure from his past. 4 tried to get away from that formula, and ironically, so did 2, but Dante was a last minute addition to the plot of 2 since it was originally going to feature Lucia with DMC1 as backstory regarding SPARDA'S actions.

Ironic that the game sthat try a different story tend to be lambasted for doing so, but then people complain about eth same story being reused still.

Even with the original story being "reused" doesnt mean it cant be improved. Mistakes you learn from and from that you make something better out of it. Honestly it wasnt needed (the reboot), if would have gave a little more thought within the story and combat and went from there, things would have been better. This game is nothing more than visuals and flashy media. Gameplay = waterdown, halfassed, 30fps that doesnt make the game worth playing IMO.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...NT has already gone into more detail with the reboot's plotline and giving more insite as to this Dante's past and how he got where he is. Yes, Itsuno has been a lousy producer, but Kamiya, to be fair...isn't that much better, because when he had a chance to redo a DMC style game again...he just remade DMC with a witch instead of Dante...which talks and acts like Dante. The problem has been that the japanese writers favor simplistic reusable plotlines to cut down on their workload. I mean, I love DMC4 as a game, but the storyline was Bleach guest starring Dante, right down to the actors. DMC2, ironically, TRIED to tell a different story...and got panned by fans for that attempt. It's really a case of damned if you try differnt, damned if you just recycle.

And that is where NT is TRYING to tell something refreshing by re-examining Dante and Vergil's origins. And the game play is not "halfassed watered down", they used Unreal engine because they were heavily familiar with it, and did not have the time to learn MT Framework and still put DmC out when Capcom set their deadlines.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well seeing how you all delude yourself with a game that is suppose to be more mature and more entertaining from the original, if you ask me you are all trying to find ways to keep yourself to buy this game. Regardless this game is nothing like what Devil May Cry really is. You can keep joking yourself but in the end you will know the truth. Again this game doesnt deserve the title nor anything related to the game series, but then again its name has been tainted for obvious mistakes and reasons. This game look flat and not interesting.

The problem I have is his human counter-part is now angel, giving him no reason to care or sympathise for the human race. His father being a demon and loving a human is why Dante feels the way he does. It isn't just the moral good/bad that comes from being half human, but being one of the humans. When demons kill or talk bad about them, they are also, in a sense, doing it to him. Taking out the human aspect to Dante, his character makes no sense

Complaining about the angel side of him seems very trivial and why do you think angels and demons wouldn't care for the human world which lies in the the center? The demons look to humans as their own personal tools and if the concept of an angel is usually a personification of good so humans who don't have any means to defend themselves from a force like this should have someone like angels to be on their side. What the demons are doing is wrong, ever heard of the term guardian angel? You're acting like the abscence of humanity in birthright deems the role the human world like it has no relevance of any kind. Plus your logic makes it seem like if Dante was born full demon he wouldn't have any concious because Sparda is the prime example that demons have free will and don't have to become what is expected of them. Your logic makes it sound as if Sparda was some freak accident that someone fixed right away so it could never happen again. He was a protector of humans and fell in love with one. Hummanity does not make up his concious, it was his own moral standing to do what was right. So that is not a valid argument. Also you need to quit putting Devil May Cry on such a high pedistal because time to face uncomfortable facts here, the series did fall short on levels in terms of story and character development. I see by no means what DmC is doing could actually be considered worst or flat compared to the fairly generic and straightforward plots of the previous games. Also characters like Vergil are actually getting depth and aren't so one dimensional anymore. I only played NT's Enslaved and while the game was ok at best I did find myself more interested in the story and world it took place in to know that they hold potential better than Capcom. Just because DmC differs a bit from the previous titles doesn't mean you should ultimately be so biased and dismiss it like you are because I see by no means this particular game's merits make it a bad one. I posted all my thoughts on the reboot already in a different thread and if you want to read my breakdown on why I think DmC is a worthy entry feel free to check it out.

Top Bottom