• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

VergilNeroDante

Its not that i havent manned up for the reboot its just that NT doesnt have the right as a game developer to take on a series we all loved, because of their sales but whatever i guess. Sure people will get this game and thats fine, im fine with that, but you wont see me playing it honestly. Im better off waiting for DMC 5. As for DMC ending as a whole that isnt including the reboot since thats set asid efro mthe original, i was meaning on the original, everyone states its not possible to continue and blah blah blah. Imagination would help in this matter.

VergilNeroDante

Well look at it like this take the original Dante and the reboot Donte, take them out and have them fight each other, who would come out on top?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
NT has only made 3 games 2 of which were sub pair and were rewritten by other people i would have thought that Platinuim studies would be a better choice when it comes to making a good hack n slash games and for the people who complain about DMC5 not having a good story 1. Its a video game it doesnt need to have the most amazing story ever and when a game does thats always a plus 2. DMC2 ended with a cool idea for a sequel and now with 2+ games 5 would be amazing :D and if dante and donte did fight we all know who would win and to make it fair dmc3 dante :D

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Its not that i havent manned up for the reboot its just that NT doesnt have the right as a game developer to take on a series we all loved, because of their sales but whatever i guess. Sure people will get this game and thats fine, im fine with that, but you wont see me playing it honestly. Im better off waiting for DMC 5. As for DMC ending as a whole that isnt including the reboot since thats set aside from the original, i was meaning on the original, everyone states its not possible to continue and blah blah blah. Imagination would help in this matter.

Imagination would help, but that imagination has to be set right so that the story doesn't come off as some amatur fanfic or just a caterer to hungry worshiping fanboys, and end up not being stratigically created with a professional sense. Perosnally I don't care about a real DMC5 just yet. I first want to get the reboot, then DMC5 (If it's actually good) will get all my love and respect.

Well look at it like this take the original Dante and the reboot Donte, take them out and have them fight each other, who would come out on top?

The one who's half demon and half ANGEL. Y'know, the beings that can KILL DEMONS AND HUMANS.

So my moneys on New Dante then DMC3 Dante. (And definately SMC4: Sh*t May Cry 4 Donte.)

DragonMaster2010

"rebirth"? the series wasn't dead enough for one but whatever

I don't know. It really didn't feel like it was going much places.:/ They could do a Sparda game, but Sparda would lose his mysterious credibility, and why waste money on a continuation from SMC4? A continuation of DMC2 would probably be out of the question since Capcom considers that game nonexistent and not many people played it to know what's going on.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I don't know. It really didn't feel like it was going much places.:/ They could do a Sparda game, but Sparda would lose his mysterious credibility, and why waste money on a continuation from SMC4? A continuation of DMC2 would probably be out of the question since Capcom considers that game nonexistent and not many people played it to know what's going on.
i say either remake 2 to fit with the series or make DMC5 i used to want a sparda game then knew capcom wouldn't be able to make one

DragonMaster2010

i say either remake 2 to fit with the series or make DMC5 i used to want a sparda game then knew capcom wouldn't be able to make one

I doubt Capcom would put in the money to remake DMC2. Plus they released the HD collection with it; they could have remade it there.

DragonMaster2010

yeah but if they did that they would have to remake 1 and 3 as well or atleast 1

And what would be the point of that if an HD collection came out, plus the original games, plus the remakes? That would just feel like Capcom is running out of ideas.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think it was any bigger than Capcom looking to "reboot" a couple of their franchises as 'rebooting" seems to be a new thing in the west and Capcom was looking to westernize their games in order to appeal to western gamers because their games were not believed to be appealing to the west for XYZ.

DMC was believed to be a marquee franchise but DMC4 did not do as well as they hoped so they decided to experiment with it.

Top Bottom