• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Needs To Be Done In DMC5 To Bring It Up To Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
darkslayer13;209564 said:
if you haven't noticed Sparda is connected to everything important in the dmc universe. he's the Legendary Dark Knight. the Savior of all humanity.

There it is again!

Well, if they're gonna talk about Sparda some more (And we know they will!) they could at least come at it from a different angle. How about some story about what Sparda was like when he was living with the humans. And now that I mention that, how about Dante's mother get a little screentime or backstory. You hear Sparda's name every 10 seconds, but what about Eva? I mean, I cant even remember ever hearing someone say her name in the games.

Also. If Dante is gonna be the star in the next DMC, then I demand that Patty be in it, too. My will be done!

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Edsabre;209918 said:
There it is again!

Well, if they're gonna talk about Sparda some more (And we know they will!) they could at least come at it from a different angle. How about some story about what Sparda was like when he was living with the humans. And now that I mention that, how about Dante's mother get a little screentime or backstory. You hear Sparda's name every 10 seconds, but what about Eva? I mean, I cant even remember ever hearing someone say her name in the games.

Also. If Dante is gonna be the star in the next DMC, then I demand that Patty be in it, too. My will be done!

Why put any form of importance on Eva? She really holds no other value to the story than to give birth to the most bad-ass set of twins the DMC universe will ever know. I can agree on the putting more spotlight on Sparda Idea, but wouldn't it be a little more interesting, Pre-Eva?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Edsabre;209918 said:

Patty and Dante are a much better double act than Trish and Lady will ever be I think. Her strops are just great.:lol:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
HQQR - Solid;211004 said:
Why put any form of importance on Eva? She really holds no other value to the story than to give birth to the most bad-ass set of twins the DMC universe will ever know. I can agree on the putting more spotlight on Sparda Idea, but wouldn't it be a little more interesting, Pre-Eva?

eva is more than just the twin's mother she is the woman the Dark Knight Sparda fell in love with. Sparda whouldn't fall in love with an unimportant woman. what about her made her so special out of all the women sparda whould have met in 2000 years in the human world.

sparda decided to save humanity before meating a single human . he didn't think of humans as equal any more than mundus did. he beleved he was protecting lesser beings. because it seemed like the right thing to do. i sincearly doubt he thought of eva as lesser. so what made her special. he may have grown to respect humanity in that time but an average woman whould still be inadaqute for him so who was she. what made her worthy of spardas love.

i think that is worth exploring at least a little.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DarkSlayer brings a good point. Why, out of all the millions of women that no doubt wanted to get laid with the savior of humanity, why did he choose Eva as his lover? Obviously she must have had something that Sparda saw differently. Perhaps she did something heroic for him, and proved to him that humans weren't weaklings? I mean, maybe she saved his life once. I don't see Eva as a complacent person who would just sit around and do nothing. I think she was a fiery spirit who could barely be controlled, so it makes sense that Sparda would like her. That, and she may have saved his life.

Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it until someone can prove it wrong.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
But if there was any other importance than of that which I stated, then why hasn't i been said as much? Sure Sparda had to think her special to fall in love with her, but to any other degree she isn't special. IMO Eva doesn't even need much face time anyways. She dies so early on in the story that she holds no REAL significance.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;211136 said:
DarkSlayer brings a good point. Why, out of all the millions of women that no doubt wanted to get laid with the savior of humanity, why did he choose Eva as his lover? Obviously she must have had something that Sparda saw differently. Perhaps she did something heroic for him, and proved to him that humans weren't weaklings? I mean, maybe she saved his life once. I don't see Eva as a complacent person who would just sit around and do nothing. I think she was a fiery spirit who could barely be controlled, so it makes sense that Sparda would like her. That, and she may have saved his life.

Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it until someone can prove it wrong.

In an earlier concept idea of mine, I saw Eva as some sort of sorceress which came from a very ancient lineage of followers of Sparda, so yeah, my conclusion is that Eva held something special that caught Sparda's attention. She was no weakling or empty shell (just beautiful), that the Dark Knight saw.

But if there was any other importance than of that which I stated, then why hasn't i been said as much? Sure Sparda had to think her special to fall in love with her, but to any other degree she isn't special. IMO Eva doesn't even need much face time anyways. She dies so early on in the story that she holds no REAL significance.

Eva is probably the most significant character in the series. She's the real reason behind Dante's and Vergil's personality shaping. Because of her, the twins took the paths they took.

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;211136 said:
I think she was a fiery spirit who could barely be controlled

something dante says goes along with that perfectly. when he tells trish she doesn't have eva's fire. so i agree with you DT.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^ I thought he talked about the soul's "fire" or the "fire" of life,as in Trish is just a puppet contorlled by Mundus.

Sparda™

Devil Bane;211231 said:
^ I thought he talked about the soul's "fire" or the "fire" of life,as in Trish is just a puppet contorlled by Mundus.

He yells at Trish for having her figure but not her fire, as in Eva's soul.

Lady Nevan

Yeah right. In my opinion Eva should take more role in the game. For example , in flashbacks of Dante/Vergil. We heard voices from the birthday flashback when Nelo Angelo was dead. To me , I wanna know more.What did happen when the birthday? What did happen when Eva's death?
Who is she? What kind of a mother she was?

And I noticed that Dante doesn't know much about his father. I mean when he talks about his father, I feel that Sparda was dead when the children is born. Eva was telling who was Sparda to children. That's my thought.

And actually I wanna more info about Sparda's family life!
Please more flashbacks!

-sorry for my english-

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Your English is fine, Lady Nevan. :D

And you bring up an interesting point. It seems that every game is just "Dante, Dante, oh, guess what! MORE Dante!" We never learn about his past, like how Eva and Sparda met, what happened to them, and other important facts.

I think Sparda should get his own campaign, or even a new spin-off stand-alone game.

Lady Nevan

Thank you =)

I am so interested his past. What was he when he was a child? Was he quarelling with his brother? Eva , who was she? In my opinion , she was a good mother. Altruistic , full of love and she cared her sons so much. And Sparda.. Who was he as a father and a husband? I'm very curious about Eva and Sparda's love. I wanna know more about the past of Sparda Family. No more ridiculous subjects!

Meg

I feel like that would make a good spin off game. maybe on the PSP of something. just cause i can't imagine them making that into a full DMC game. (as cool as it would be to play a game that revolves around sparda)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
meg127;211754 said:
I feel like that would make a good spin off game. maybe on the PSP of something. just cause i can't imagine them making that into a full DMC game. (as cool as it would be to play a game that revolves around sparda)

are you kidding. do you not realize how epic playing as sparda whould be. the greatest demon swordsmen the Dark Knight Sparda. the Savior that defeated the underworld's entite army by himself.

just think about what it whould be like to play as someone with that mutch power. the things you whould be able to do whould be unimaginable.

dantes twin

okay to be honest i agree with everything you stated, but in my opinion i don't like a lot of platforming. esp. bayonetta style of platforming. but i do think that this dante should have a variety of modern day guns. such as dual machine guns, and of course ebony and ivory without the blue flames. i also think the game should be more bloody (red blood) and the enemy designs to be more dark and grittier, instead of like aliens or whatever. but one core element they can add into the game to go along with huge boss fights would be cinematic kills like gow3 and heavenly sword! but yeah other than running across the wall, taunting your enemies and a lot of realistic and huge enviroments, to go along with a smoothe and fast pace melee system with a lot of moves, i just think these are features they should add into the game play. it would go hard!i jus know the story will be great, but a lot of fighting during the cut scenes would be a good add as well. :)

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Dante when he's being homeschooled. I doubt Sparda was sending his kids to public schools. Just seems like a bad idea. It's be better than the first quest in Fallout 3, in fact, because we'd be learning. Also, you wouldn't be getting possibly mixed insults from a video game from Sparda when he's yelling at Dante for putting swear words as his answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom