• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Needs To Be Done In DMC5 To Bring It Up To Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Hey guys, yet another thread I am starting :D I want opinions on what you guys think need to be done in DMC5 to bring it up to speed against other, similar games. First thing first, going off Bayonetta and recent GOW3 Trailers (I'm also a big God Of War fan) I think DMC5 has to step up the sheer size of the bosses. Can you imagine Dante taking on a Gaia sized Arch-Demon (licks lips :D). Also, they must be set in a much more epic fashion. Instead of just taking on a boss in a circle/square stage, have it like Bayonetta ie. you have to jump/sprint over whole areas to keep up with the boss or you are actually ON the boss due to its size. Secondly, with Dante I say keep the style type system but give him a lot more crazy combos and attacks (you can check my idea for a Rebellion movelist in my 'DMC5 Brainstorm' thread) and give him the whole 5 DA/5 Guns we all loved in DMC5 (Oh and have Dante move even FASTER with melee combat). Have grab/special attacks for him and have more than just melee and guns ie. demon magics for better gameplay. Also, as I have noted in my other thread, a demon focus ability that makes you move at double speed for a brief period of time whilst slowing the enemy movements as an answer to Bayonetta witch time but instead of slowing everything down, have gameplay move at superspeed for extreme gameplay. Oh and mix the environments up so you have tight, claustrophobic areas as well as massive, open areas for balance. Also, as well as HUGE bosses, have some bigger basic enemies and show off a lot more of Dante's brute strength (man handling enormous size demons A LA Bayonetta & Kratos). Finally - NO BACKTRACKING AT ALL!!! That's my 2 cents, I wanna hear more ideas - please comment :D

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Oh and 1 more thing... don't have a human as the main antagonist - think about it DMC3 - Arkham, DMC4 - Sanctus, DMC2 - Arius... give us a pure, super powerful demon again A LA Mundus! I only just realised that we've only had 1 DMC game with a badass pure demon. Go figure :/

aka958

Don't trust people
No massive enemies (maybe some bosses) because it ain't the style of DMC as i know it. It should have one or two strong enemies (like blitz) but if it is a giant beast it would just feel wrong, i've never seen such a monster in DMC (maybe gigapede but it wasn't a fun fight against them).

Using enviroment is a great idea though.

If Dante moves faster it will be much easier killing monsters and everything will be a piece of cake. You can already hit really fast in DMC4, why faster? It takes away tactical combos and gives meaningless spamming.
In some attacks and dodges he needs to have a cooldown so he stays out for a while so you can't just dodge all the time or spam the strongest attacks recklessly.

Demon magics is a great idea and i would love to see that.

Grabs doesn't seem to be Dantes style at all, he isn't a fighter in a fighting game, he is Dante.

Why do you want Dante to fight faster and have a ability that makes him fight at double speed and enemies slowed down? That doesn't work, it's like i wanna play the game but i feel unsatisfied because i haven't really started because he hits too fast.

Ofc no backtracking is something everyone here wants.

Massive areas in dmc does not work, DMC2 has already shown that.

Yet again i see that superspeed, why do you want everything so speedy?
It already goes fast and it got that adrenaline feel.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I don't want a repeat of the whole Sanctus Diabloica boss battle... and I don't want Nero to be Vergil's son.

If i think of anything else, I'll post, but, thats my two main prolems.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Vergil'sB*tch;202923 said:
I don't want a repeat of the whole Sanctus Diabloica boss battle... and I don't want Nero to be Vergil's son.

I will go with that too both were epic fails.

I wanted to fight Dante at the end :(

iry

Hope some awesome stuff to nero. Using yamato in human form!!!<3 A different gun, maybe. And maybe some other weapons.
Actually, i was kind of dissapointed about the weapons in DMC4 for Dante.. I love the weapons in DMC3, hope they can creat somethng special this time!

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I just mean have his combos as fast as he is in DT in DMC4... nothing too crazy just a bit faster and with longer combos it would work. The demon focus is just a cool new trick for Dante so it doesn't get stale. If everything for him remains the same it will get stale. Grabs would be cool if it were say a new stab move with Rebellion for eg. Big environments would be fine IMHO if you balanced it with very claustrophobic areas so you have a bit of everything. That's just what I think anyway. And Nero will need to have a fully functional Yamato in human mode with a ver different style than Dark Slayer.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ummm... Have you seen how fast he attacks in DT in DMC 4? He leaves absolutely no room for enemies to recover and as such, fighting in the way you want it to be would be a total joke. It would require no skill and all the extra moves would only be there to make it look fancy. You can have all the weapons in the world, but when Dante is so powerful the enemies are jokes, it wouldn't matter.

I think something cool that could be done to make the next game unique is that the whole premise of the story is that Dante was turned into a pure human by an evil force. Of course, those that want to see Dante as a overpowered demonic killer would be dissapointed by this, but I think it would be nice.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I think if he had a better class of enemy it would be fine. Think about it, if he were swarmed by 10-15 enemies of Angelo class, it would be awesome. Either way, it's just what I would want - a personal preference. Especially if enemies blocked and disrupted the flow of your attacks. And as I have stated, Trickster needs to be RE5 Wesker speed.

Meg

I love the massive boss battle idea :)
How about Dante being able to use the elements and the environment as weapons?

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
That would be kool... it could stem from his demonic abilities. I just can't stop thinking of Dante taking on an ancient, titan size demon god. Imagine the epicness of it :D Also would love Dante to be able to use parts of the environment as weapons ie. picking up objects and hurling them at demons.

Meg

Actually, now that I think of it Nero fighting giant boss battles could really show his devil bringer abilities. Hmmm....

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Yeah kinda like what he did to the Savior's face. I just wanna see Dante show some more demon powers off besides crazy melee skills and regeneration abilities that put Wolverine to shame. Must think of some abilities I tells ya :D

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I love having different weapons for dante. But I think they should focus more on dante's main weapon (rebellion, or some other sword).

There are huge amount of combos that could be done with it and since it has a strong connection with dante, it deserves the weapons' spotlight...

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Crimson Devil - have you seen my Rebellion Movelist for DMC5 In the DMC5 Brainstorm thread? I agree with you wholeheartedly, it has a lot of potential. I'll copy and paste it here for you in a second.

DANTE REBELLION MOVELIST

Stinger Lvl. 1

Stinger Lvl. 2

Billion Stabs

Round Trip

Hightime

Aerial Rave

Aerial Rave Version 2

Helm Breaker Lvl. 1

Helm Breaker Lvl. 2

Rebellion Combo A

Rebellion Combo B

Rebellion Combo C

Rebellion Combo D

Rebellion Combo E

Crimson Shock

=Swordmaster=

Vortex Stinger

Charging Slash

Overdrive/Hyperdrive

Swordstorm/Rising Storm (Mid-Air)

Rebellious Hurricane

Prop/Shredder

Dance Macabre

Light From The Demon Blade

...and Ebony & Ivory...

EBONY & IVORY MOVELIST

Normal Shot/Rapid Fire

Charge Shot Lvl.1

Charge Shot Lvl.2

Charge Shot Lvl.3

Twosome Time

=Gunslinger=

Honeycomb Fire

Rain Storm

Lead Tornado

Jackpot!

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
SuperDante;203053 said:
Crimson Devil - have you seen my Rebellion Movelist for DMC5 In the DMC5 Brainstorm thread? I agree with you wholeheartedly, it has a lot of potential. I'll copy and paste it here for you in a second.

DANTE REBELLION MOVELIST

Stinger Lvl. 1

Stinger Lvl. 2

Billion Stabs

Round Trip

Hightime

Aerial Rave

Aerial Rave Version 2

Helm Breaker Lvl. 1

Helm Breaker Lvl. 2

Rebellion Combo A

Rebellion Combo B

Rebellion Combo C

Rebellion Combo D

Rebellion Combo E

Crimson Shock

=Swordmaster=

Vortex Stinger

Charging Slash

Overdrive/Hyperdrive

Swordstorm/Rising Storm (Mid-Air)

Rebellious Hurricane

Prop/Shredder

Dance Macabre

Light From The Demon Blade

...and Ebony & Ivory...

EBONY & IVORY MOVELIST

Normal Shot/Rapid Fire

Charge Shot Lvl.1

Charge Shot Lvl.2

Charge Shot Lvl.3

Twosome Time

=Gunslinger=

Honeycomb Fire

Rain Storm

Lead Tornado

Jackpot!

Seems great dude, well done! Rebellion FTW!!
By the way, if million stabs is already awesome, I wonder how billion stabs would be...

aka958

Don't trust people
I got one word for it, Overpowered. Hope the demons are fast and you'll never get a chance to hit or that they are so overpowered that you'll do nothing with it.
The bosses from previous DMC games are now normal enemies and we replace the boss spots with giant super massive bosses so massive that Savior is an ant compared to them.

Even better! DMC5 will be about a giant boss and all you do is walk around it, both outside and inside and trying to stop it, like a temen mi gru kind of thing but it's a living giant monster instead!

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Are you having a dig at the boss idea or being serious? Overpowered? Well Bayonetta kinda proved this kind of movelist not to be that over the top. I think it would be cool if Dante was this powerful but your "fodder" enemies were things like Blades and Frosts coming in packs of 5-7. It ain't crazy, just taking the next step in the series to catch up to other titles like Bayonetta & God Of War 3. Well that's what I think anyway.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
wait catch up. dmc is way ahead of those games. devil may cry is the best. it can be improved but in no way dose it need to catch up to anything.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Believe me, in my books DMC is way ahead of them as well... but I mean in the sense that they are trying new things (Bayonetta - gameplay crazyness, GOW3 - Epicness in story and enemies) So to keep DMC from going stale, I think it should take the next step and blow these games out of the water on ALL aspects. BTW as a side note - I got bored of Bayonetta real quick and started playing DMC4 again - it felt as if Bayonetta was just a button masher AND it felt so much less polished than DMC4 - that's just my opinion neways :) Oh one last thing - Capcom, DON'T make DMC super sexual like Bayonetta, IMHO it made the game feel really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom