• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Needs To Be Done In DMC5 To Bring It Up To Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
SuperDante;206928 said:
Hey guys I'm back... had a brain infection and was stuck in hospital. Anyway I thought a little bit about controls and here is a new idea for Dante in DMC5.

R1 - Lock On To Enemy
R2 - Trickster Moves (With Direction)
L1 - Royal Block/Release (With Lock On To Enemy As Well)
L2 - Devil Trigger
/\ - Melee Attacks
Square - Gun Attacks
O - Devil Magic Attacks
X - Jump
Left Analogue - Move Dante/Change Lock On Enemies By Pressing
Right Analogue - Move/Reset Camera Angle
R3 + L3 - Demon Focus
START - Pause Menu
SELECT - Taunt/Intimidation Taunt
Up - Swap D.A
Down - Swap D.A
Left - Swap Guns
Right - Swap Guns
L1 + /\ - Special/Swordmaster Melee Attacks
L1 + Square - Special/Gunslinger Gun Attacks
L1 + O - Uber Devil Magic Attacks

I like your ideas about breaking down the styles and mapping them to different buttons so you can elminate style switching. I've thought about this extensively after playing DMC4, the style switching gave alot of options but became to cumbersome. Besides, we all know that each style has only a few moves that are actually useful and the others are just for show. If we could take the most useful moves from Dante's styles and integrate them all into one, single control scheme, it would streamline Dante's playstyle and improve his options in combat, without bogging down the player by having multiple styles to worry about.

However, these ideas sound great for Dante, but isnt Nero going to be the star of DMC from now on? I wouldnt see the point of introducing him, along with some great new mechanics specific to his character, only to go right back to Dante in the next installment. Luckily, I actually liked Nero and the Devil Bringer, so I've been brainstorming about new ideas about a DMC5 that stars him. Here's some things I think should be in the next DMC:

• Nero is the main character.
  • Nero's story is fleshed out (but I dont like the idea of him being Vergil's son)
  • New weapons and weapon switching ability
  • Keep the Exceed system and make it work for all the melee weapons in Nero's arsenal
  • Devil Bringer should be just as important to gameplay and combat, with new moves and abilites
  • Evading should be a bigger part of combat, use trickster-style moves to dodge enemies
  • Combat should be faster paced, ala Turbo mode
  • Enemies should be much more aggressive, think NG but without the projectile spam
  • Bosses should be fun over all else, size isnt as important as some people make it out to be, Vergil is still one of the best bosses in DMC history, and he's human sized

These are just my personal 'wishes' for DMC5. I want DMC to stay DMC, but there are some things that need to evolve a bit for it to stay on top. I'll be honest. Right now, Bayonetta is the Queen of action games, and it's gonna take one heck of a miracle to bring her down. But if anyone can do it, DMC can, even if Dante is a co-star now, instead of the main protagonist.

Also, I'm new. /wave :D

aka958

Don't trust people
What the? Dude... I find that pretty offensive. It is not my fault that Nero had an arsenal of repetive moves, spamming moves and boring fighting styles. I like Dante because he has styles, lots of weapons, THE awesome attitude, many abilities and etc...

Nero had his Devil bringer to give his moves "variety", I didn't see that though... He had the same devil bringer move depending on what enemy I'm facing, hey is that a bunch of scarecrows? In the end of that fight I used the buster move at elast 5 times with no real variety at all.
When I use Nero in bloody palace I get bored before even stage 10 because I've used all moves at least 5 times each... Exceed was only about timing and it wasn't funny at all, I don't like my skills do be decided by some exact button press. It should then be more open like how Squall's gunblade is, press R1 button as he attacks and I do got a pretty big window for that. His charge shot is good but annoying to charge, I couldn't change the control settings because it didn't feel right and it took me 3 weeks to learn to control it the right way.

Conclusion, I control Nero good enough to S rank every mission with him on any difficulty (maybe not heaven or hell...). I HATE to play as him, I can't image him as a main character in a game where he wasn't it from the start. He looks like a side character... It's like saying we should have that banana coat wearing girl in DMC2 as our main character, or maybe even Vergil. It doesn't make sense.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Seriously this discussion about Nero being the main of the rest of the DMC series...it's gonna backlash...very badly to evryone.And by that I mean both Capcom and the fans.nero had a game of his.Wohoo.Yeah Dante now gets a sidekick?/dead-sure side character?/partner?Dunno.But DMC was always about Dante and his "disfunctional" family.That doesn't mean Nero can't get his own series.Hell look at Raiden from MGS 2.We had Snake for let's see...4 games in a row[one of them non-cannon] and then POW!We got Raiden as the main.I too was perplexed,but after that the series returned to Snake because MGS is ultimately about Snake.After 4 Kojima comes up to the fans and says : "Hey guys,since you loved Big Boss and Raiden so much and we HAVE to do some explaining for their parts,why don't you get two more games?Here you go : MG Risisng and Peace Walker."

If Capcom follows that policy = EPIC WIN for us and Capcom[their EPIC WIN comes with epic money too...]

Bottom line is : It will be very nice to see Nero again but since we are talking about DMC,it's Dante who will ultimately end his story,beat his bad guys and do the suff he has to do.Nero can help him and the then get his own series as a spin-off series of DMC.

PS : Also this tactic that Kojima used,is also used by Nomura for his Kingdom Hearts series.Even if it hasn't ended yet.So Nero fans you can always pester Cr@pcom finaly give more attention to Nero with a game of his own and perhaps his own series.And let's be honest : Capcom F-ing needs to be pestered right now.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
I have nothing against Dante, I freakin' love that guy. I think I read they wanted to bring some freshness into the series for this new console generation (Well, it's not new anymore, but...) So they went with a new protagonist and some new gameplay mechanics. I wouldnt mind at all if Dante starred in another 10 DMC's. But to me, it seemed like they were setting up Nero to take over the Devil Hunter mantle, what with him being young/green and Dante seeming much older.

With MGS2, Kojima did the exact same thing. New generation of systems means new main protagonist and new story arc. However, fans hated Raiden, not because he was weak or didnt fit in the universe, they hated him simply because he wasnt Snake. It's the same thing with DMC4; I'm sure most fans that disliked Nero, do so because of their fan-love of Dante and their unwillingness to let a new protagonist take the stage. Knowing that, you'll probably get your wish. After all, Snake came back, even though he was grey haired and coughing up lungs, the fans got their hero back.

How about a comprimise? There's no reason Dante and Nero cant co-star in the next game as well. Actually, me and another DMC-lover were brainstorming about how much fun we could have if we could play DMC5 with co-op, as Nero and Dante. Now, that'd be pretty sweet.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
there is one thing everyone seems to be forgetting. dante is not the coolest charicter in dmc. nero is not the coolest charicter in dmc. out of all the charicters that have appeared in dmc virgil is the coolest. he needs a game focusing on him.

and of course there is one thing even capcom seems to have forgotten about. the truly important event in the series was not about dante, vergil or nero. the most important charcter in the series is sparda and he hasn't appeared in any of the games except as a alternate costume. with a few alternate weapons. spardas story needs to be told

so capcom needs to make a game for virgil and a game for sparda. then they can worry about who the star of the series is. ( i vote for vergil.)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DarkSlayer makes an excellent point. What about Sparda? It'd be nice for him to have his own game or maybe even a spin-off series.

Also, sure, I may dislike Dante, but I don't want him GONE. When did I EVER say he should leave forever? Name ONE TIME I said that. I just said Nero should get DMC5. I never said he should get the whole DMC series. In fact, having him have a spin-off series would be nice as well.

aka958

Don't trust people
darkslayer13;209242 said:
there is one thing everyone seems to be forgetting. dante is not the coolest charicter in dmc. nero is not the coolest charicter in dmc. out of all the charicters that have appeared in dmc virgil is the coolest. he needs a game focusing on him.

and of course there is one thing even capcom seems to have forgotten about. the truly important event in the series was not about dante, vergil or nero. the most important charcter in the series is sparda and he hasn't appeared in any of the games except as a alternate costume. with a few alternate weapons. spardas story needs to be told

so capcom needs to make a game for virgil and a game for sparda. then they can worry about who the star of the series is. ( i vote for vergil.)

Vergil is a side character. You can't really see his story from a first person perspective, it would really suck. It's more about how he influences in the game and how he is part but not like a hero/protagonist/main character.

Sparda was only told as a legend, his story is his story. He gave birth to Dante and of course he is important but what would the story be if it only was the legend? The legend is a legend and it should stay a legend, not a full fledged story such as DMC1 or DMC3, it just won't work.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
... Are you serious...? You think a game starring Sparda wouldn't work...? Wow...

I for one, think that would be a smart move. Finally knowing what Sparda did in his 2000 years on Earth, all the while keeping true to the legend. True some legends deserve to stay that way, but Sparda's legend is so ambiguous, you could work pretty much anything into there and it would work.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, but it is supposed to be a legend. Don't wanna ruin legends, Sparda is only referenced in the game. Shouldn't it stay that way?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
True. While I respect your opinion and I realize it will most likely never change, I disagree with it. So, let's just agree to disagree, okay? ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
I disagree to agree, or... How would either one of them work?

Anyways, I can't see Sparda as a playable character in DMC, maybe in a spinoff series but not DMC. The same goes for Nero, Dante is the star of DMC, I really don't wanna change that.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Of course Sparda can be in DMC.MGS 3 rings any bells?Big Boss as the playable character.Yes a prequel DMC can work.But not a spam of DMCs with characters other than the rightfull main.

As for a Sparda spin-off series...while it could cover his 2000 years,someone must come up with some crazy scenarios to make it awesome.

And yeah,probably Vergil needs a game himself too...or at least him being Dante's playable partner and second main in a future DMC.Who knows?

Edsabre,one thing you should take note of : as of yet it seems that Kojima really DID plan all of it and wrote it down perfectly well,without mistakes.On the other hand Capcom robbed Kamiya of that chance and now Kobayshi wants to troll the fanbase...which isn't a good thing considering his position.But yeah,extreme fan-lovers can be a problem but in this case the aren't even worth considered,for reasons stated above.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;209481 said:
As for a Sparda spin-off series...while it could cover his 2000 years,someone must come up with some crazy scenarios to make it awesome.

Uh... Have you even read SpardaTM's idea on this subject...? If not, go to the DMC5 forum and look for "DMC5: Sparda's Blood".

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
To me, DMC is already too much about Sparda. I mean, poor Dante is constantly being called 'the son of Sparda' and they mention Sparda and the things he did pretty much all the time. I think they need to move away from him and just focus on Dante/Vergil/Nero as their own characters, and not just as the heirs to the Sparda bloodline.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Edsabre;209542 said:
To me, DMC is already too much about Sparda. I mean, poor Dante is constantly being called 'the son of Sparda' and they mention Sparda and the things he did pretty much all the time. I think they need to move away from him and just focus on Dante/Vergil/Nero as their own characters, and not just as the heirs to the Sparda bloodline.

if you haven't noticed Sparda is connected to everything important in the dmc universe. he's the Legendary Dark Knight. the Savior of all humanity. there are people that cosider him a god. Dante is more than a Son of Sparda. Virgil is more than a Son of Sparda. Nero is more than someone related to Sparda in some way capcom hasn't explaned yet. but it is impossible for any devil hunter in the dmc universe to do anything of major importance that dosen't somehow connect to Sparda. even killing random demons is part of Sparda's legacy.

(and its not like being called Son of Sparda is like being called " bob's kid" or something like that. Son of Sparda is a title. something that makes the Sons of Sparda practicly devil hunter royalty. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom