• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Needs To Be Done In DMC5 To Bring It Up To Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon

Sparda Junior
How about DMC 5 shows Dante's true power? People would steal the game just to see Dante execute some super stylish moves. Battle should be on a bigger scale. A -5 hp kick could be changed into a -5 hp stinger-like stab. Just imagine what a -50 hp move would be like! As for the boss, make it more demonic instead of bigger. If it gets too big you might as well fight the Savior again lol.
And oh, it should have a great storyline and also explain some loop holes from DMC 1 to 4. Backtracking is absolutely FORBIDDEN!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What about those who DON'T want it to be over the top, like me? Too much action, even in a DMC game, is a put-off for me. That's why I like games like Metroid Prime and Final Fantasy. They're nice, relaxing games. If DMC goes any more over the top than it is now, I'll flip. This may not seem like a good reason, but I like DMC how it is. Making it any more action oriented than it is now will ruin the feel. Plus, making Dante uber strong isn't a good thing, and throwing massive amounts of enemies at him won't balance that at all, as you seem to think. So, I'm totally against going against the formula that makes DMC... well, DMC.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;205732 said:
If DMC goes any more over the top than it is now, I'll flip. .

Im with you on that one dude. Personally I would like to see Dante's majin form brought into the story somehow, the fact that he was able to activate such a godly power seemingly without any help from a major outside source was very interesting. Also the way in which you discover it was interesting too especially since DMC3 where his rebellion form was awakened when he was in a weak and injured state.

Like he awakened both when he was on the verge of death.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I want DMC5 to have a bigger variety of combos (mainly with rebellion). Maybe for different uses, cause I'm tired of having to spam jump cancels with dante to make an aerial combo look cool. A huge variety of combos won't make dante overpowered, it will just make the gameplay less tiresome and repetitive IMO...

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Dante has been the main Protagonist in the previous games (Save for DMC4). However all the plot did was mention Sparda and how a legend he was, which seemed more like the theme for the DMC franchise. So maybe the franchise needs to go back that 2000 years and explain HOW Sparda became such a legend. What happened that made him decide to rebel against Mundus and all that stuff?

And if they decide to make Nero the son of Vergil, that will be one of the most stuish and stupidest thing ever in the DMC world.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i have a few ideas about dmc5. i even made a thread about them. there are to many holes in the plot to fill with one game witch is why my thread actually is about four differnt games. three of which fill some of the gaps in the story. the last one ( the one that is actually dmc5) advances the plot. and i have ideas to fill in a few plot holes outside of the games.

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Anyone kind enough to tell me how to delete this post? As I double-posted by accident. I'm kinda a noob in trying to delete stuff in forum.xD

Aeon

Sparda Junior
What about those who DON'T want it to be over the top, like me? Too much action, even in a DMC game, is a put-off for me. That's why I like games like Metroid Prime and Final Fantasy. They're nice, relaxing games. If DMC goes any more over the top than it is now, I'll flip.

I agree with the action scale. What I actually meant was to have more stylish combos for Dante (blame my lack of vocabulary) because we all know that DMC is Dante and Dante is Style. Anyone opposing?;)

Plus, making Dante uber strong isn't a good thing, and throwing massive amounts of enemies at him won't balance that at all, as you seem to think. So, I'm totally against going against the formula that makes DMC... well, DMC.

I'm not suggesting to make Dante OMGWTFBBQ strong. Just give him extra moves to make him LOOK strong. Fighting one strong demon is always better than fighting a bunch of Scarecrows.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i don't think anyone is going to complain about a more stylish dante. the question is how do you make dante even more stylish. anything can be improved but somtimes something is so good that finding a way to make it better is harder than making somthing entirly new. ( however if you can find the way to improve something like that the effort is worth is. the down side is if you mess up the result is a badly done sequel. a very common event.)

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Hmm...a more stylish Dante.

This may be only me but what if we 'enhance' Dante's personality? Preferably put it in fights so that everyone knows Dante is a bad-ass cool hunter.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aeon, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Super Dante.

I get what you're getting at though. Dante should be uber stylish, but not to the point where you're basically God-moding your way through the game. (That's what Super Legendary Dark Knight is for. :p) Also, I don't think Dante should have the spotlight for DMC5. Give that to Nero. He needs some explaining. Then, Dante comes back for DMC6. Don't get me wrong, Dante will still be usable in Bloody Palace, and there'll be another mode, just for him. I'll detail it in my next post.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
dante compleatly out of the story. im not sure about that, even my idea for a game about virgil includes dante a little bit. ( i haven't quite gotten to that point in the story but i will.)

i whould still play a dmc game without dante. but i whould rather have dante in it at least a little. having him in bloody palace works but its just not the same.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;205866 said:
having him in bloody palace works but its just not the same.

That's why I'm going to put my idea for a Dante only mode here.

"Destiny Lands"
--Control Your Fate!--

This mode's story has no impact on the rest of the game world. Basically, it's Dante, kicking butt for a demonic lord's amusement. There are four paths, Novice, Intermediate, Master, and Grandmaster. All of them have three branching sub-paths, which I will explain in a bit. For now, I'll explain the four main modes.

"Novice Difficulty"
--The Wheel Of Destiny Turns In Your Favor--

Just what it says. Easy mode, for those wanting something to have fun with. For those who're uneasy with using Dante, or just those who want to brush up on their skills.

"Intermediate Difficulty"
--With Guns And Sword, The Destroyer Marches Ever Closer--

For those wanting a balanced path. Longer than Novice, and a bit harder too. This will not give you too much trouble.

"Master Difficulty"
--Will The Destroyer Defeat Those Who Oppose Him?--

A bit harder than Intermediate. For those who want a challenge, but don't want something impossible. A nice place to hone your skills and learn to be stylish.

"Grandmaster Difficulty"
--The Destroyer Faces Foes Who Know No Relent--

Basically, you take a wrong STEP in a battle, and you go buh-bye. Need I say more?

How's this idea looking so far? Would it work?

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Well, i'm not a very big fan of survival mode in any game so I can't really give an opinion on Dante being Bloody Palace only. What if like you suggested, Nero gets the spotlight in DMC 5 with Dante at his side explaining everything? It may be a little like DMC 4-ish but let's just see it as Dante training his apprentice.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Dante in swordsmaster style has very few different combos (as I said before). IMO the main reason for that is the style button, it's used for few attacks while it could work together with the melee button to make countless combos (just like baynetta).
They should make combos like:
melee, style, style, style
melee, melee, style, style
melee, melee, melee, style
melee, style, melee, melee
and so on...
This would give dante's gameplay SO MUCH variety and would gives us so many ways to kill a poor marionette... =)

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Crimson Devil;205880 said:
and would gives us so many ways to kill a poor marionette... =)

I sense someone being eBiL..xD Though your suggestion is really interesting. Possibly implement a Kreate-Your-Combo in DMC 5?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think a training room would be a great idea. A place where you could set up battles or even entire gauntlets. It would be kind of like the park builder in a Tony Hawk game. You grab enemies from a list and place them where you want. Then, you take bits of environment from a list, like say, a table, and put it wherever. Here's an example.

-----------
| S S S S
|
| TTT
| D
-----------

S= Scarecrow
T= table
D= Dante

See what I'm getting at?

Aeon

Sparda Junior
That definitely sounds like a great idea. It would give people a chance to practice the combo they want to do and soon we would see Youtube filled with My Combo: DMC 5 videos. Possibly also add the ability to choose the enemy. Whether they are normal, SSS killable, or just immortal for extra fun.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aeon;205892 said:
That definitely sounds like a great idea. It would give people a chance to practice the combo they want to do and soon we would see Youtube filled with My Combo: DMC 5 videos. Possibly also add the ability to choose the enemy. Whether they are normal, SSS killable, or just immortal for extra fun.

Or videos on Youtube called "DMC5: My Custom Bloody Palace"

I had already said you could choose the enemies, but choosing how they can be killed is a bit different. Nice idea! I think another nice touch would be to be able to place time limits or not. Heck, while we're at it, you could add objectives! Here's my idea of a basic, three room gauntlet.

First room: A normal, square room. There is a door on your left and one straight ahead, which is locked.

Four Agonof Inis. Optional kills, but easy prey. You can run past them into the next room if you wish.

Second room: A circle shaped room, gotten too by going left from room 1. This room contains two shotgun Marionettes as well as a Bloody Mari. When they're killed, a barrier disappears, which was blocking a rune clock. Activating the room clock opens the locked door to the third and final room.

Third room: A large, open room with a high ceiling. At the far end of the room lies a red orb pedestal (from DMC1) as your reward, but it's blocked off by a barrier. You know what THAT means!

Boss fight: Phantom

Yep, it's the big bad spider-scorpion himself! After disposing of him, the red orb pedestal is yours to smash. Take the large golden double doors to exit the gauntlet and complete your main objective.

Note: You can set secondary objectives and their rewards. For example, this gauntlet's secondary objective was "destroy all enemies - 300 Red Orbs, 700 Proud Souls". Cool idea, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom