• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is the most helpful style to you in DMC 3

Lee-1991

Relapse = Win
For me swordmaster and gunslinger were the most useful.

Swordmaster was awesome for getting ludicrously high style points and gunslinger looks awesome.

Red

Lee-1991;178826 said:
For me swordmaster and gunslinger were the most useful.

Swordmaster was awesome for getting ludicrously high style points and gunslinger looks awesome.

Yeah. Gunslinger is definitely cool when using E&I. Though, in my opinion, Artemis is the most useful gun especially in DMD.:lol:

Amiyu

i love Royal Guard and i have master it ,trust me royal guard is good both offensive and deffences

first i like trickster and i have master it, but in the end i like royal guard the best

DanteMustNotDie

My first two times on normal and hard mode, I went with Sword Master pretty much exclusively. However on Dante Must Die mode, I'm finding trickster to be more helpful early on.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I love swordmaster. (I do use the devil arms more than the guns.)
But i am doing excellently on Special Edition playing as Vergil and Using Dark Slayer. I've done more on Special Edition as Vergil, than what i have as Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Swordmaster and Gunslinger. Can't go wrong with those two! Doppelganger works too. I love playing this game with my bro!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Swordmaster and Trickster.Just love melee weapons. *Vergil poses and voice* : "guns are unfit for a true warrior."...though awesome.

DanteMustNotDie

Vergil'sB*tch;199018 said:
I love swordmaster. (I do use the devil arms more than the guns.)
But i am doing excellently on Special Edition playing as Vergil and Using Dark Slayer. I've done more on Special Edition as Vergil, than what i have as Dante.

The problem is that the guns are seriously underpowered. Even at max potential you can hit the fire button like 928728372 times on Ebony and Ivory and not kill someone. Yet in the cut scenes its always a one hit kill.

I guess the KA is pretty powerful though it still takes a LOT of shots to actually defeat a good enemy. The DA are much more useful IMO. Guns are mostly good for either making an enemy stagger or knocking them on their back so you can slash them up.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Royalguard.

Although playing the SE forced me to get along with the more difficult trickster-like stuff in Vergil's game, and made me curious to run through again lately with Dante using Trickster. Makes the harder levels a piece of pie.

aoshi

darkslayer23;172436 said:

That is sick RG.

I think RG is the only way to take down vergil 3 on DMD.

1)Guarding increases ur DT faster.
2)Release can do sufficient damage to bosses.

Cant really understang the logic behind release. Is it a melee attack? Am not sure.

But guarding vergil's spiral swords is hilarious when he hits those helm breakers. Stylish meter reaches stylish in a split second if u succesfully guard them. I cant help laughing when that happens. My family thinks i am insane.:p

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Trickster Style and Swordmaster really helped alot

Royal Gaurd just p*ssed me off >_<

Meg

Royal Guard helped me a lot. It saved my butt on almost every boss battle. especially nevan.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
meg127;205647 said:
Royal Guard helped me a lot. It saved my butt on almost every boss battle. especially nevan.
I agree with you. In fact, I'm so thankful of the said style because I beat the crap out of Vergil in DMD mode though hate to admit it but I used Sparda Costume while doing so (Am I really that noob? o_O) . He sure moves pretty slow, where even walking in front of him is possible to me to do. Prior to that attempt, I got really ****ed off 'cause even though I used Sparda Costume, I still can't kill him without using items :(

Top Bottom