• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think of Nero now?

You like Nero?

• Love him

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • Hate him

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • neutral

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
And the very persona he takes on means we can't take him seriously. I mean, no offense, but Dante's one-liners from DMC3 weren't funny or smart. Nero has taken that on and already as a diet-coke Dante, he is simply a shallow, contemptible and virtually blasphemous addition to the DMC cast.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
The Phantarch;136440 said:
And the very persona he takes on means we can't take him seriously. I mean, no offense, but Dante's one-liners from DMC3 weren't funny or smart. Nero has taken that on and already as a diet-coke Dante, he is simply a shallow, contemptible and virtually blasphemous addition to the DMC cast.

WTF are you talking about?

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
I'd be lying if i say i hate him.cause he IS Vergil.

Nero's the reincarnation of Vergil, isn't that obvious?

Plus, Nero's got a great combat style, and I had no problem using him in the game.Dante tops him off, though.~_~

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Esura;136530 said:

WTF are you talking about?

Precisely what I said he is a cheap (as in about 2p) imitation of Dante. His character is shallow, his 'Blue rose' is crap beyond debate. His style of combat too closely mirrors that of rebellion, he needs to be his own character before any respect can really be given to him. CLEAR NOW?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Rebellion327;137428 said:
I'd be lying if i say i hate him.cause he IS Vergil.

Nero's the reincarnation of Vergil, isn't that obvious?

Plus, Nero's got a great combat style, and I had no problem using him in the game.Dante tops him off, though.~_~

His combat style is pretty repetitive, and he is a new character entirely as stated by Capcom. Meaning that he is his own character, and is no reincarnation of another character that already existed in the dmc series. Just saying btw, I'm not trying to be a jerk and bash your points. But I'm sure it is fact that Nero is no reincarnation of any other character, due to Capcom saying that he is just entirely new. Although reincarnation is when something comes back in a different/new form after death, which could be the case for Vergil being Nero now. However, this does not in any way explain the Devil Bringer, and also seems to suggest that Capcom believe in reincarnation...Which I doubt anyone here knows if they do or not. So your entitled to your opinion, as am I :) But I find Nero's combat style as repetitive...Oh wait, I said that earlier :p

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Well, if capcom DID confirm that he is Vergil, or some sort of Vergil's reincarnation, don you think it kills the suspense for DMC5 or whatever if they did so, ain't it?It naturally comes that game companies will deny this so as to serve as some big sort of shock for people when the game finally ships, then. But still, I respect your opinions, if you think Nero isn't that much of a big deal in the Sparda bloodline.

About the repetitive combat style, you're probably not digging deep enough into Nero's arsenal; his combos are deceptively easy to pull off, but there are a lot of moves you won't know were available at first. and the devil bringer was definitely classic.

@Phantarch
Geez...you really don't need to curse to get your point across...try being nicer.

The Blue rose IS great. uh, have you tried upgrading it until level 3?It packs quite a punch, mind you. And in Devil Trigger it allows you to use summoned swords,and it's very much appreciated in combos.
And uh, the Red Queen is lightyears waaaay different from Rebellion.I've been playing Devil May cry for years, and i know when a weapon feels like Rebellion.If you think so(Rebellion=Red Queen), then state your facts, don't just rub in your opinions as if they were the absolute truth.

that's what I think and know, at least.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Rebellion327;137757 said:
Well, if capcom DID confirm that he is Vergil, or some sort of Vergil's reincarnation, don you think it kills the suspense for DMC5 or whatever if they did so, ain't it?It naturally comes that game companies will deny this so as to serve as some big sort of shock for people when the game finally ships, then. But still, I respect your opinions, if you think Nero isn't that much of a big deal in the Sparda bloodline.

About the repetitive combat style, you're probably not digging deep enough into Nero's arsenal; his combos are deceptively easy to pull off, but there are a lot of moves you won't know were available at first. and the devil bringer was definitely classic.

@Phantarch
Geez...you really don't need to curse to get your point across...try being nicer.

The Blue rose IS great. uh, have you tried upgrading it until level 3?It packs quite a punch, mind you. And in Devil Trigger it allows you to use summoned swords,and it's very much appreciated in combos.
And uh, the Red Queen is lightyears waaaay different from Rebellion.I've been playing Devil May cry for years, and i know when a weapon feels like Rebellion.If you think so(Rebellion=Red Queen), then state your facts, don't just rub in your opinions as if they were the absolute truth.

that's what I think and know, at least.

I just don't find Nero as that demonic. The only thing that really makes him seem demonic is something that has been added to his character to make him appear original. And needless to say, if he didn't have the Devil Bringer, then nobody would care that much about him. Meaning the only thing that separates him from being exactly like Dante and Vergil; is his demonic right arm that to me looks like some bad infection that he needs to go see someone to sort out :p.

What also got me about him at first, is the amount of hype around him. "Oh, there is going to be some new character...We must go nuts and say he's really good"... No, in honest he isn't that brilliant. Until we know more about him, we can start to know him truly. So far we're just saying he's great before finding everything out. That is judging before you know that potentially, he could indeed be evil *You don't know that he won't turn evil, so don't bash this point*

And Blue Rose is a good weapon when it's fully upgraded; But needless to say, he only has one gun >not as good as Dante who has 3<

And I have played dmc 4 you know man, you're talking at me like I'm a newb to it...Combat wise Nero is repetitive. As Dante has 5 styles, 4 Devil Arms, and 3 guns. Nero has one sword and one gun, and the Devil Bringer >So with Nero I find myself using the same moves over and over again, but if I am Dante I can mix it up a little and make it fun<

Now, in regards to me thinking of him as "Not that big of a deal in the Sparda bloodline"... Well, I'm just trying to figure out how he has Sparda's blood first. Really, I don't see what is so great about Nero having Sparda's blood. I think in the end it comes down to power. You probably think that Nero defeating the Savior; managing to fend off Dante and other Devils whilst at the same time going through emotional **** and all of that makes him stronger in some way.

Devil May Cry 4 was really about Nero finding that power within him to help those he loves, and those in need >I say those in need, because he was protecting the people by destroying the Savior< So all in all, he isn't that powerful. At least, having Sparda's blood running inside of him isn't as strong as that of Dante's. Because Dante is older, and has supposedly surpassed his father's power, and as Nero was like a rookie in Dante's eyes; then Nero needs a little longer to get stronger, which by then Dante would have so much power he'd be able to rival (Or possibly outdo) any move the Devil Bringer can perform.

As well as Nero being a demon; well that comes down to how he got the blood of Sparda, and what the Devil bringer is. But the idea that he is Vergil in a new form annoys me slightly. Vergil is too powerful, if anything people want him back as his old self. Then again, you do make an interest point I find. I have always wished that Vergil be brought back as a protagonist; as if he has changed his ways. If Nero is possibly the reincarnation of Vergil, then indeed Vergil would have changed his ways and is now helping Dante and others.

So just to some up, I still dislike Nero's combat style; but I'm not too sure on where I stand on him as a character.

Dante94513

Not everyone has to be brilliants in DMC, I know Arkam's background, but I don't like him. To me Nero had been accepted because of how he powerful he is, his attitude, and interest he could be. That's about enough to satisfy me for now. But I do want to know his origin and his DB.The story becomes more interest that he has the blood of Sparda. Defeating the Savior did make him realise why the DB was made for him, and it made him stronger for his purpose. DMC4 was also mostly focused on the true about the Order. Nero isn't as Dante, that doesn't mean he isn't powerful (It would be kind of a shame for Nero to beat Dante IMO), Dante just had more experienced in fighting bigger and badder enemies. It has nothing to do with age. Vergil isn't that powerful to me, he had yamato, and force edge but he was beaten by Dante in DMC3, and he thought Vergil could do better. In DMC1, Vergil was stronger with the form of Nero Angelo and beaten Dante the first time, but the other 2 fights Dante won.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
to me, DMC4 was like DMC3 in a way that it was like Dante awakening...but this time around it's Nero.

@LordofDarkness
dude, terribly sorry.you know when you think about it, it is quite repetitive. sorry if I kinda offended you, dude.~_~

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Rebellion327;137973 said:
to me, DMC4 was like DMC3 in a way that it was like Dante awakening...but this time around it's Nero.

@LordofDarkness
dude, terribly sorry.you know when you think about it, it is quite repetitive. sorry if I kinda offended you, dude.~_~

Yeah, I agree... DMC 4 is like that of 3, except no Vergil :( :lol: But 3's story is easier to make sense of imo, as we knew enough about the characters...More than we knew of Nero ;)

LordOfDarkness said:
Nope, I wasn't offended by what you put man :) And I'm glad you agree with me ^_^ But please, call me LoD :p :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Rebellion327;138979 said:
LoD FTW...thnks dude.^_^

Bring back Vergil, CAPCOM!!! lol.

Charming lad, I'll rep you ^_^

Bring him back, or I'll release Hell onto you Capcom. I'll come down on you worse than dmc2 :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil_Yamato;139237 said:
Darkness Theres 75% chance vergil will come back at some point

Don't you mean a 95% chance? :lol: And please, call me LoD :p

Top Bottom