• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What changes do you look forward to? (Special Edition)

scionicspectre

@Frazz, I was mostly saying it in response to Wuodan. I agree that it leaves questions to be answered.

It could be that, for this stream, they're using a demo build that has difficulties and moves unlocked, but without unlocking their costumes (perhaps to aid Greg in avoiding them).

It could also be that they're using an unmodified copy and they unlocked all those difficulties and missions with characters other than Lady and Trish, but that would be a difference from DMC 3: SE. That is, you could unlock difficulties for Vergil in DMC 3: SE without playing him, but you still had to unlock the missions.

Even then, they could have played up to mission 20 and simply not completed it for each difficulty, so we really have no way of knowing for certain yet. I will admit that sounds a bit far-fetched, but it's certainly possible.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smashing~
Lucia as a DLC character please. So far this game has the most playable characters, but if they were to add Lucia as DLC, the game would contain ALL the franchise's playable characters. How nice would it be to have all of them playable in this game?

Ixbran

Smashing~
Also, how tough would it be to beat in a sequel? I already feel like 5 characters is (the best kind of) overkill.
DMC5 is set before DMC2 in terms of timeline, so we already know what happens after the events of DMC5.

What we need is to put an end to all these prequels and in-betweenquels, and make a game set after the events of DMC2, and move the story forward.

scionicspectre

Why do you assume a DMC 5 would take place before DMC 2? I was more talking about a sequel beating 5 characters from a gameplay standpoint, by the way.

Ixbran

Smashing~
aahh, you were talking about character player roster, not story, missinterpited your statement, so my apologize

and who knows, maybe in DMC5 they could bring back Lucia, bolster the cast to 6 playable characters, and maybe even bring back Credo as a playable character as well. He does technically have a Devil Trigger.

scionicspectre

I think Lucia was more fun to play as in DMC 2, so I think she has decent potential from a gameplay perspective. However, it would seem that Capcom has buried her rather deep- I wouldn't keep your hopes up. If she made a return, it may only be to erase DMC 2 via retcon.

Kusanagi7

Motoko 4 lyfe!
When he selected mission 17. It sounded like he pressed the button in quick succession. Could be wrong tho

Ixbran

Smashing~
I think Lucia was more fun to play as in DMC 2, so I think she has decent potential from a gameplay perspective. However, it would seem that Capcom has buried her rather deep- I wouldn't keep your hopes up. If she made a return, it may only be to erase DMC 2 via retcon.
Well she has been making a few appearances outside of DMC2.

• She is referenced in DMC3. In chapter 9's opening cut scene, when Lady is changing her gun cartridges, we can see the underside of her bullet casings, they are engraved with "9mm Lucia".
  • Lucia appears as a usable character card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter DS.
  • Players can unlock an icon based off of Lucia in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, you just need to reach Rank 17 with Donte.
They still acknowledge her existence, so to me, that gives me hope, ya know?

Last edited:

scionicspectre

@Ixbran It is interesting that they even mentioned her after DMC 3 at all. If what you say is true, the Playstation All-Stars mention is actually a lot more than I ever would have expected.

Even still, I think we would both acknowledge that it's not all that much to be excited for. Megaman X makes a more involved appearance in Smash 4, for instance, but I doubt we'll ever see more of him. Capcom likes embellishing its history without having much to say for it. All the references to Vergil in the original DMC 4 without much elaboration simply reinforce the notion.

I like Lucia- she's the best thing about DMC 2 aside from Dante's coat- but she's far from a fan favorite. Even Vergil had quite a few years before making a return in any significant way, and he's arguably more popular than Dante.

So yeah, maybe. If she shows up, I'm sure her redesign would look awesome. Anyway, since we're all but certain Lucia's not appearing in this game, I think it's safe to say we've veered off-topic quite a bit already. XD

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Mundus' surprise appearance during the secret ending in DMC4 SE! To me, that would make the best hint for DMC5.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
For me would be an Costumes of playable characters, some new cutscenes, also tutorials for chars ( as I sometimes dislike being using new char without acknowlegde how to play him/her and just to get how make theirs combos etc.), some hint on DMC 5 and thats all i would like to see And I will be pleased if it comes like i would Imagine SE version :)

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I'll gently review my expectations since a lot of information has been released already.

Check.
-Nelo Angelo(or/and Corrupt Vergil)
No Nelo Angelo DT...but anyway. Check.
-Pretty much everything from the artbook.
Just one. :'( I wanna believe maybe they'll announce more later; but probably not.
-DMC3(obviously)
PERFECT:inlove: Still want that stocking version from the artbook though... Maybe I can mod it once the game comes out.
The least I wanted; but better than nothing I guess. Also her Bayonetta like outfit is pretty cool too.
I STILL BEG FOR EVA CAPCOM!

If there will be no other costume other than the palette swaps, I'll be set for any DLC to come. I just want those costumes...
  • Playthrough
Complete disappointment considering my wishlist; but easily obtained Proud Souls and faster triggered Speed are fine additions. Sure will make the game pace better.

• Gameplay Modes
Everything on this list are also a no. Although there's still a chance for Debug Mode and GMD, Must Style Mode etc. to shine with SpoilerAL and other stuff made by modding community. Satisfying? No. Better than nothing? Yes.
  • Gameplay, Combat, Mobs
Apparently the "Tutorial" part is the only one they implemented. Maybe there's a couple of new tracks too but The Time Has Come is still playing everywhere in every stream. So no real change here too.
There's no hope for additional missions at this point probably; but I still expect to see more cutscenes. New concept arts are already confirmed although I'm not happy with them being revealed before the game... For the rest of this part, I just hope.

I think my expectations when I made this list were really off the charts, especially hearing the game was in active development for only 6 months. Hence I ran a train of thought and I pre-ordered the game, I think with such a low price the game deserves it even though it's short on content, to me at least.

If the game exceeds my expectations soon to release or after release I'll buy another one and gift it to a friend just for DMC5's sake.

Top Bottom