• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What changes do you look forward to? (Special Edition)

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Special Edition has been announced yet so far we only know there will be 5 playable characters, at least 6 new cutscenes and LDK mode for consoles. I am 100% sure these are not the only changes coming through and I will list what I expect from the game. I'm looking forward to your ideas too.

• Costumes(obligatory)
*Dante:
-Coatless
-DMC3
-DMC1
-DMC1 Coatless
-DMC2
-Sparda
I'd also want some from the artbook; but this much is fine by me.
*Vergil:
-Coatless
-Nelo Angelo(or/and Corrupt Vergil)
-Sparda
-Corrupt Sparda
-DmC Vergil(just the clothes, please)
*Nero:
-An Order uniform
-Credo(maybe?)
-Pretty much everything from the artbook.
*Lady:
-DMC3(obviously)
-First two designs from the artbook
-Casual(like in anime)
-DMC3 Sparda Ending
*Trish:
-DMC1/MvC
-Gloria
-Casual(like in anime)
-Eva(PLEASE!!!)
Since DMC4:SE is able to get costumes as DLC you can release any of them later on, I have no objections. Just make those.

• Playthrough
*Skippable dice game
-I'd like to combo the dice mid-air to break it. I know you can get what number you want by being swift but it's just a waste of time if you don't want to play it on purpose.
-Also a Dice Palace mode would be nice; but it's not really necessary.
*Secret Missions
-I'd like to play the Secret Missions without playing each mission, so a system like DmC did would be nice.
-I don't want the damage I received in Secret Missions to stay in the campaign.
-Secret Missions should be exitable.
*Try to ease backtracking
-Dante's sections should be better paced. I know remaking those missions is impossible as of now; but even minor improvements are an okay.
*Vergil Campaign
-I'm looking forward to minor changes in the environment to make it feel like we're playing on a different timeline.
-Also give us one or two more bosses...if possible?

• Gameplay Modes
*GMD and Must Style
-Great gameplay modes and they should be in DMC as in DmC.
*Training Mode/Debug Mode
-Great to practice combos and fight through the situations you created. Modders will do it eventually but it would nice to see it originally. Let us experiment with the game's abilities.
*Secret Missions
-As I said before, Secret Missions should be playable separately if discovered in the campaign earlier.
*Bloody Palace
-Don't you think time limit should be optional?
-Going through all the stages one by one is a pain sometimes. How about a skipping mechanic like DMC3 had?
-Bloody Palace should be playable with all characters(obviously)
*Boss Fight/Boss Rush mode
-Want to fight any boss you want anytime you want? Or want to rush through numerous boss battles after one another? I do and I'm sure you want that too. Make it happen, Capcom!
*Dice Palace Mode
-Bloody Palace; but with the dice game. Getting random bunch of enemies to fight and trying to finish the game.

• Gameplay, Combat, Mobs
*Nero,Vergil,Trish,Lady Bosses
I know everyone wants this! Probably not possible but who wouldn't want this, honestly?
-Vergil fighting Nero at the end of his campaign.
-Literally being able to fight with anyone through Bloody Palace
*Cameras
That i one thing that needs to be fixed, especially in the platform sections.
*Music
-Obviously we need different battle tracks for each character.
-And while you're on that can you give us more variety on battle themes? Like 3 per character? The Time Has Come is intriguing; but easily becomes annoying since it's repeating nearly everywhere.
*New(old) Mobs
-I don't expect any new, original mobs; but seeing some from the old games would be wonderful...if possible.
*Nero
-Give him a second weapon!
*Dante
-I'm looking forward to some new moves if not new weapons.
*Tutorial
-For newcomers to DMC series, each character should have a suitable Tutorial mission for them like Nero had with Dante. Many people disliked DMC4 just because they had no idea what to do when they were with Dante. Don't make the same mistake with the other characters, please.
  • Others
-I still want to see those Nevan posters mean something. Either a cutscene or a boss fight or just as a weapon, I don't know. I just can't stand seeing those posters and having nothing.
-More cutscenes than promised for Vergil.
-Also at least one new mission for Vergil. Like Nero fight, Dante fight, fronting Agnus/Sanctus or something else that fits the lore.
-More unlockables and concept arts.
And finally...
-Something that hints DMC5.

So, this is my list. What's yours?

Last edited:

Frazz

General gamer
I would also really want to have the dice game be something you can skip. In terms of costumes I'd like costumes for Lady and Trish that stop the insane breast jiggle that they have. I'd also like regular clothes for Dante and Nero (eg: leather jackets and jeans) along with corrupt/super corrupt Vergil and a Vante costume. I think Bloody Palace should be more like DMC3 with various tiers (water, fire, lightening) that lasts longer. I would also love the BP to have boss fights with every playable character eg: Trish vs Vergil or Lady vs Trish etc.

Veloran

-I still want to see those Nevan posters mean something. Either a cutscene or a boss fight or just as a weapon, I don't know. I just can't stand seeing those posters and having nothing.
Those posters have been there since 2005.

PpwopOh.jpg

Wuodan

Well, they're going to appear in the cutscenes too, so it would be like:
-YOU'RE A DEMON.
-Oh yeah, I didn't notice it WITH MY ARM EXPOSED TO EVERYONE.
Yep, that's kinda inconvenient... ^^' But hey, DMC3SE had Sparda costume. Everything is possible.

Veloran

Yep, that's kinda inconvenient... ^^' But hey, DMC3SE had Sparda costume. Everything is possible.
Hell, Bayonetta has you playing as entirely different characters in cutscenes.

Talking to Jeanne as Jeanne is more than a little odd, but whatever.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
In terms of costumes, I'd love to see the early designs of the devil triggers for both Dante and Nero added to one of their costumes. Nero's full armored purple devil trigger looked really cool in my opinion.

As for gameplay I would totally agree that some new bosses would be amazing and camera needs fixing on some sections (mission 10 I'm looking at you) but it would be really cool for the desperation mode/devil trigger which Echidna, Berial and Bael have added to Sanctus and Angelo Agnus in my opinion.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wanna see strictly some more Trish and Lady gameplay. And I hope we get a DmC costume for Vergil because that one just looks slick.

I hope we have issues fixed and more levels though. I mean, Trish for example can have an entire campaign dedicated just to her clearing out Fortuna and evacuating citizens like she says she does when you change characters.

Dominus

Definitely want new bosses and changes to main campaign.. But given this trailer I'm keeping my expectations in check, because I think they will be saving the work for DMC5.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
as ldk is in there and a playable upgraded and overhauled vergil I want turbo mode for the console version and that is it

Goldsickle

DmC elements, like being able to run while locked-on, as well as lock-on being set at toggle, rather than requiring to hold down.

Also, no Orb requirements for Mission 1, since it's a b**** to smash the chairs to get Orbs while Dante is attacking you.
Please don't put any Orbs in the second encounter as well.

Wuodan

DmC elements, like being able to run while locked-on, as well as lock-on being set at toggle, rather than requiring to hold down.

Also, no Orb requirements for Mission 1, since it's a b**** to smash the chairs to get Orbs while Dante is attacking you.
Please don't put any Orbs in the second encounter as well.
You can make Dante destroy those in dodging tutorial, just saying.

Wuodan

The tutorial takes too much time to finish.
It makes it unnecessarily longer when you're redoing the mission over and over again to try and get a better score.
Well, this I agree. The tutorial should be skippable at least on difficulties higher than Devil Hunter.

Frazz

General gamer
Well, this I agree. The tutorial should be skippable at least on difficulties higher than Devil Hunter.
It is skippable as I haven't done the tutorial in that boss fight since I first played the game. I think you disable tutorials in the pause menu:)

Top Bottom