• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

Goldsickle

Finally got myself Netflix, so I can share my account with my mom for her Korean drama fix.

However, living in Malaysia means that our selection isn't as good as from overseas...

berto

I Saw the Devil
My first introduction to Mark was Double Dragon unfortunately, and I saw Only the Strong afterward. That one I don't remember as much, but I do remember the overall plot. Talented guy; very cool dude.
He was ninja assassin guy in John Wick 3. He's had a fascinating history with film.
Scott Adkins, another amazing martial artist, has this series on youtube where he interviews martial arts and action film legends, like Michael Jai White, Tony Jaa, Cynthia Rothrock, Dolph Lundgren and a whole sluth of talents, like the dude from The Raid, Iko Uwais. Even got Steven Sigel interview. He had a fascinating talk with Damascus on his channel.

@Goldsickle
VPN, my dude. I got to watch a silly thing I've always wanted to watch off the Japan Netflix. The Japanese dub of Scott Pilgrim. Even TVs support VPN now.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I had not forgotten about that. I recognized him when I saw the face.
I did not. I didn't realize it till the credits and I kinda felt silly for not noticing just because he's lost a bit of weight and had no hair.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I did not. I didn't realize it till the credits and I kinda felt silly for not noticing just because he's lost a bit of weight and had no hair.
It was not easy for me either. I could only remember the first name, and did not realize until halfway in to the film. I said to myself, you're that guy! The one who played Jimmy Lee and the host of Iron Chef!

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Finally got myself Netflix, so I can share my account with my mom for her Korean drama fix.

However, living in Malaysia means that our selection isn't as good as from overseas...
Have you tried a VPN? You can get access to all kinds of catalogs with that. Berto beat me to it, although I recommend using Chromcast if you're going down that route since it's harder to use one on a smart tv

Goldsickle

Have you tried a VPN? You can get access to all kinds of catalogs with that. Berto beat me to it, although I recommend using Chromcast if you're going down that route since it's harder to use one on a smart tv
Maybe my VPN doesn't work.
It's still showing the same selections.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Maybe my VPN doesn't work.
It's still showing the same selections.
What VPN are you using? I use Nord VPN which gives you a selection of countries to choose from, I have mine set to South Korea and it's giving me a whole bunch of stuff. The only downside is that subtitle support might not always be consistent depending on which area you choose.

Goldsickle

What VPN are you using? I use Nord VPN which gives you a selection of countries to choose from, I have mine set to South Korea and it's giving me a whole bunch of stuff. The only downside is that subtitle support might not always be consistent depending on which area you choose.
It's not Nord but I'd rather not give away the service I'm using.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I just came back from the theater and saw the Forever Purge.....(big spoilers)

Holy ****, this movie is amazing! The franchise just keeps getting better and better! It does suck a little that this movie overrides the ending from Election Year, but at least it makes sense. Basically, the Purge is back in action, but there is one unique catch: there is an organization called the Forever Purge that don't want 12 hours. They want 24/7. They want to kill all non-whites and immigrants, and even they don't care for the NFFA and rather over throw them. Which they do. The NFFA and the new villains just gave what Senator Armstrong wanted. Anyway it's up to a group of survivors to make it to Mexico within 6 hours, so they'll be in the safe zones.

What I love about the Purge movies is that they are not afraid and open about their politics. They are not afraid to show the problems with America, and ugly racism that is still in our country. But with that said, it shows there are good people out their fighting the good fight, and not trying to make it a total free for all anarchy. Unlike pussy-biatches such as Ubisoft, EA, Activision and many others in the Western AAA industry.

I do recommend this movie in the high category. Universal and James DeMarco claimed this is going to be the final movie, but with Forever Purge already preforming exceedingly well, I highly doubt that. Especially with the open ended bittersweet ending. The movie practically turned in to Mad Max crossed with Invasion USA. Escape from New York, but nation wide! Except it's not a foreign enemy invading, it's racist locals wrecking **** and destroying the government. I still debating which movie in the franchise is the best, but I do know this movie is better than Purge 4 and Anarchy. Forever Purge does have the best action in the franchise to date.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've been watching Legacies. I have a soft spot for teen monster hunter dramas.

I think the creators set out to do a Buffy esque show and they succeeded. But I don't think they brought a whole lot of new to the genre so older fans might not care as much as younger fans. It has a been there done that feel to it.

The plot structure is a mix of the serialized drama of the Vampire diaries and the monster of the week format of Buffy.

I'd say some of the early character drama was hit or miss such as the “should Landon stay at the school?” mini arc or Hope not telling Landon about meeting his birth mom.

It's more lighthearted than the other two but I think that's a plus most of the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom