• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
OMG MAXIMILLIAN DOOD IS ON TWITCH *esplodes in happies*

It seems like it'd be fun, right? The only thing that concerns me is that, when I'm writing, I can't talk out loud or I'll lose my train of thought, so it'd be a totally silent stream unless y'all could hear my music. Also, given the way I write, I'd either be very productive or not at all which means it'll either be really interesting or very dull, probably. I guess I'm also slightly worried about being judged? Because you can believe I'll sit there rewriting a sentence 12 times and still be unsatisfied.

Edit: Signed up for Picarto and got permission to stream a bit of beta reading. Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.
PLEASE link me ^_^

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I should have stopped myself upon noticing first similarities between DMC and City Hunter, now I can't get out of my head the image of Dante with mokkori.
Nowadays, whenever someone mentions City Hunter, all I can think of is the hilariously narm Jackie Chan movie.

The scene where they reference Street Fighter needs to be seen to be believed.

Viper

Premium
Nowadays, whenever someone mentions City Hunter, all I can think of is the hilariously narm Jackie Chan movie.

The scene where they reference Street Fighter needs to be seen to be believed.
That is a hilarious game reference, they event put effort to make it literally like the game. XD

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Oh, boy I've been slacking in the writing department. >.> How I'm supposed to finish my writing projects if I'm too busy playing Dragon Age Inquisition? Even though I do enjoy it very much. :× I might take a break from the game to try and get some writing. .. if I'm not too tried. ~.~

The only cure is to write Dragon Age fanfics. -nodnod-

PLEASE link me ^_^

Here you go: Rae's Picarto channel Stream's not up, atm, but I'll start in a few minutes. Just organizing my desktop beforehand. LOL I'll put a post in the Twitch thread when I'm ready.

Thinking:
It appears the nights of sleeping hard and not waking up 50 times are over and done with. :unsure:

Edit: Stream went well, though idk if anyone showed up. I might need to start doing this as a thing.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So you're sitting there boasting over a pic of you with a giraffe's dead body, a hole in its head.

Well, clap clap. You killed a stationary target, so big not even my grandma without her glasses could miss it, with your hunting rifle sporting an 8x scope. What to say, you're such a badass, very sporting. -.-

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Today was actually pretty relaxing. Didn't do much but veg out, watching Cowboy Bebop and then a 2 hour game of Monopoly (we all agreed that we were tired of it by then), but it was so nice, having a day like that. ^^

+I think I need to go walking more.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Just beat Final Fantasy 15 a few hours ago. I don't know how I feel about it. I won't dispute that it's good, I would not have put 40 plus hours into the game if I didn't think it was good. It just didn't really wow me as much as the other Final Fantasy games I've played, I guess.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
You know when you feel so fatigued in the morning, then listen to a song that really wakes you up and gets you going...

That's what the Classicaloid intro song does to me each morning. :thumbsup:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
My vacation is over and it's kinda nice to get back to real life. Makes it feel like I did something useful that day.

Much the same. It's nice, getting back into a routine. ^^ (Guarantee I'll be fed up with early mornings again in no time, though). ^^;

CT: *Looks at temp for the day.* -21°C. Well, unless it warms up, I guess someone won't be having recess today. ._.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Someone, somewhere, once said that stories are often about chosen ones or important people because they have the most interesting stories to tell.

I've always had a thing for the main character being central to whatever is happening in the world. Characters like the Dragonborn from Skyrim and Adam Jensen from the newer Deus Ex games are the ones that I feel like have the most to add to the setting they're in. While I can understand why people don't always want to play as/read about/watch a major presence in the setting, I personally think those types of stories are the ones that offer me the most when it comes to establishing a world.

Basically, I love being a chosen one.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Someone, somewhere, once said that stories are often about chosen ones or important people because they have the most interesting stories to tell.

I've always had a thing for the main character being central to whatever is happening in the world. Characters like the Dragonborn from Skyrim and Adam Jensen from the newer Deus Ex games are the ones that I feel like have the most to add to the setting they're in. While I can understand why people don't always want to play as/read about/watch a major presence in the setting, I personally think those types of stories are the ones that offer me the most when it comes to establishing a world.

Basically, I love being a chosen one.

I think chosen ones feel like they have the most to add to a story because they get involved into every aspect of the world. They kinda have to. All the governments want their support. All the people want their help. They're being pulled in a million directions. When a character isn't a chosen one, however, they're only involved in what they can plausibly get involved in given their current alliances/abilities/location/whatever, which kinds keeps the plot a lot smaller and more focused on what's happening at that moment. (I'm agreeing with you, btw, though I usually do lean towards smaller characters.)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
(I'm agreeing with you, btw, though I usually do lean towards smaller characters.)

I think it's because without the smaller characters, the main characters, or "chosen ones" wouldn't have the interesting stories that they do. I mean, what would their role really offer, if they didn't face opposition--both from their enemies and their allies alike? How much depth could their story really have, if they didn't have someone in their corner; a mentor, a friend, a lover, etc.? Every character--be they minor, supporting, or antagonist--is the hero of their own story. And sometimes, those side characters just turn out to be a lot more interesting. ^^

CT: I admire that man's dedication to barbecuing, even in the cold. That, and I'm not about to say no to steak. :inlove:

Top Bottom