• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow: There are much more lightsabre colours in the expanded Universe, if I'm not mistaken.

A black lightsabre for the villain would be cool. Mace Windu's purple one was awesome, as was he.

Funny you should mention that. I remember a couple of my friends playing Knights of the Old Republic some years back, and one of them actually succeeded in creating a black lightsaber. But as for the movie franchise ones? Yeah, it would be nice if we got to see more of the unusual colours more often. (I really liked Mace Windu's, too).

CT: Thirteen. Seriously? That's all there is? Holy crap. O_O

+Oh my gods, why did they have to leave off with a cliff-hanger? :nailbiting: Prison Break, you're killing me. So much for, "I'll just watch the first season". :rolleyes:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@Angel @Shadow @LordOfDarkness @ReaperHunter @Rebel Dynasty

Ren's lightsaber crystal was purposely cracked to enable it to do more damage than the average lightsaber -- that "crossguard" is in reality two vents to offset the pressure.

Someone actually did a test on youtube to see if the crossguard would actually hit you, and it turns out it's no more dangerous than other guardless lightsabers.

The metal part of the vents are most likely made out of... "Mandilorian Steel"? I forgot the exact name, but it's one of the few metals out there in the SWU that can actually stop a lightsaber.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
-ties self to chair- Okay...no getting up until you've replied to these reviews.
...but what if I run out of coffee?
Gdi, self. :facepalm:

+ It was Codot. <3 Properly southern Jon is a thing. You wouldn't believe how happy this makes me. -rolls in accent-

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ren's lightsaber crystal was purposely cracked to enable it to do more damage than the average lightsaber

How can a light saber do "more damage" though? Its beam can cut through flesh and bones and pretty much any material effortlessly. What's "more damage" than that?

Viper

Premium
How can a light saber do "more damage" though? Its beam can cut through flesh and bones and pretty much any material effortlessly. What's "more damage" than that?
It does more damage cause it sounded cool. Movie scripts are generally written by people who are good with words, not science.

Everybody wants a piece of me. I had an interview this morning. Have an arrangement to meet someone tomorrow. And was called for two interviews on 25th. I'm gonna have to drop one, cause they are both just half an hour apart and on two opposite sides of the city... well, one of them is more precisely in the company built in middle of the field on the faraway outskirts of this town, with very tricky way of getting there if you don't have a car, so that one I'll drop.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It does more damage cause it sounded cool. Movie scripts are generally written by people who are good with words, not science.

Can confirm. 100% true. I'm writing sci-fi and bsing my way through the science. Because I can. And, if I lie convincingly enough, people will believe it. Just the way it works.
Seriously, though, a cracked crystal making it more powerful doesn't make sense to me. I'd just think it would make it more unstable and more likely to blow up in his hand.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Movie scripts are generally written by people who are good with words, not science.

I get that, but it's not some kind of complicated science the fact that you can't have much more damaging power than being able to cut through pretty much anything. It's simple reasoning that even the least science savvy individual can make.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As I was playing through "Pokémon Yellow" today and I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that "Kanto" was originally set in our Earth with all the real world references such as Mew being discovered in "Guyana", Raichu's electricity being able to knock out an "Indian Elephant" and the 1969 Apollo Moon Landing.

Obviously this has been quietly retconned in recent years to Pokémon being set in an alternate universe to ours. But it's still pretty amusing.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Anyone just feel a bit depressed on some days for absolutely no reason?

Yup. Seems to ebb and flow like the tide, most days. Sucks, right? At least when you know what's got you down, you have some idea/chance of combatting it. When it's free-floating, though? Pretty much just have to wait for it to pass. ._.

CT: I really hope she gets out of this "Wabbit" phase soon, because I absolutely abhor that bastardization of Looney Tunes. :facepalm:

Top Bottom