• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So, people are going crazy over the whole crow whatever virus thing and are buying up all the supplies at the local supermarket...as a result I ended up being the unlucky shmuck who had bowel problems at work and rushed to the toilet only to find afterwards we ran out of toilet paper, and by that I don't mean in my stall but rather in all of them.

The crisis was eventually averted but still, bad times man. This virus be making people go crazy.
I hear you - had to go trucking about to find toilet roll...even the lady at the checkout was incredulous at the absurd panic buying. People are being stupid and selfish and not thinking of anyone but themselves. TOILET ROLL WON'T HELP - IT HAS ZERO MEDICINAL PROPERTIES.

In other, less hysterical news, went to see Dolittle today and it was really really good. Totally recommend it.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Y'all ever want to restart a game but you've heard hints that a sequel might be coming out soonish so it'd be better to save that for right before the sequel's out, so you're just in this odd game equilibrium of wanting to playing but feeling like you shouldn't?
I had that thought when I replayed Doom a little while ago. Haha

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I hear you - had to go trucking about to find toilet roll...even the lady at the checkout was incredulous at the absurd panic buying. People are being stupid and selfish and not thinking of anyone but themselves. TOILET ROLL WON'T HELP - IT HAS ZERO MEDICINAL PROPERTIES.
Yeah. Exactly.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Y'all ever want to restart a game but you've heard hints that a sequel might be coming out soonish so it'd be better to save that for right before the sequel's out, so you're just in this odd game equilibrium of wanting to playing but feeling like you shouldn't?

This is currently me with Breath of the Wild. I'm caught between wanting to continue it (even though there's pretty much nothing left for me to do) or restarting on a harder mode, but I'm pretty sure BotW2 will render further playing irrelevant. ^^; (I'll probably do it anyway, but still...)

CT: Boy, oh boy--some people just do not know how to take 'No' for an answer. ._.

+ That has gotta be one of my favourite reads this year. Noir and dieselpunk go remarkably well together--gods, I love gangster stories. Especially well-written, plucky first-person gangster stories. <3
And the budding f/f romance...there had best be a sequel soon.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I had that thought when I replayed Doom a little while ago. Haha
This is currently me with Breath of the Wild. I'm caught between wanting to continue it (even though there's pretty much nothing left for me to do) or restarting on a harder mode, but I'm pretty sure BotW2 will render further playing irrelevant. ^^; (I'll probably do it anyway, but still...)

I ended up restarting the game. 800+ hours on my first game (well technically game and ng+ but ng+ doesn't start you at the very beginning so...doesn't count) so it feels a little weird going into this and abruptly having no inventory or skills. LOL :laugh: But also immediately finding it as thrilling as the first playthrough.
If you both start the game over, hope you have fun! <3

Noir and dieselpunk go remarkably well together

-victorious arm-pump of vindication- I KNEW IT. :devil: (I suddenly have so much more confidence about these AUs. LOL)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
*Watches kiddo playing FNaF 4. Loses **** when Nightmare Bonnie jumpscares her*

You know what, Scott Cawthon? I'm glad this purple ****er gave you nightmares when you developed the game--because that **** is going to haunt my dreams for weeks to come. I am such a wimp when it comes to Horror, I really am. I ****ing screamed. ._. Even now I keep glancing around 'cause I keep imagining shadows in my peripherals.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

In other, less hysterical news, went to see Dolittle today and it was really really good. Totally recommend it.
Just an update on this: "Why toilet paper is the latest coronavirus panic buy"

Goldsickle

My English isn't that fluent back in the 80's and it was only many years later did I realize that there were a lot of F-words in those movies my parents rented when we were kids.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Nobody has been panic buying out here in the sticks, except the hand sanitizer. Lucky for me I had some already although I doubt it's going to stop a person getting coronavirus if they are surrounded by other people who have it. But if you want hand sanitizer and there isn't any, just buy some isopropyl alcohol (98-99%) or rubbing alcohol in a bottle. Better than hand sanitizer gel if you want to kill viruses. I have lots of that already at home for work purposes. But I saw how people are gouging the prices up for both of those on eBay now. The reaction to coronavirus has been weird from start to finish. People on the Tube wearing water cooler bottles on their heads.... panic buying toilet roll... it doesn't fill me with a sense of confidence if there was a super deadly virus on the loose, that people wouldn't go completely nuts.

The last two outbreaks of swine/bird flu or ebola didn't have people behaving this way. Corona is more transmissible but it's not an "end of the world" type virus. At least it's only a bit worse in terms of what it does than a regular flu.

Yeah I have to wonder where the idea of stockpiling toilet roll comes from. Did someone influential tweet out that toilet roll was the 1# thing you NEEDED in the apocalypse above all else. Was it in a movie or something?

There were a few things I stocked up on a while back, and that was hardcore flu meds. Those can be hard to get anyway, so it seemed wise.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Someone came into the community centre where I work today, asking me whether I was in charge of coordinating volunteers for coronavirus management.

In my head, I was literally just going, "wha...?"

My outward response was, "Currently, we are awaiting official governmental guidelines with regards to contingency procedures and we will publish them in full both online and throughout the building as and when we receive the recommendations to do so."

Because I might not be able to work out the laminator, but I can blag like an absolute boss when necessary...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
120320poster1.jpg

cagelaughing_zps5c391006.gif

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I mean...close enough right? Plus Necromancers usually get skulls and stuff. Skulls are cool. :thumbsup:

Yeah! I mean, I'm still technically healing things. >_> And skulls are extremely cool!
It's for a theoretical D&D character I'm considering--there's a branch of necromancer that steals people's life force and uses it to heal others...which for some reason never occurred to me would be a necromancy ability. >_> Whoops.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Wondering if there are any actual penalties for breaching the travel restrictions by the university. Just.... wondering....

Last edited:
Top Bottom