• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
AC: No armoring again. Damn master armorer being so damn productive with his ACL commissions. Makes me feel so UNWANTED!! *Cries to death under couch*

AC+: Fun Fact! Hitting a sheet of steel with gloves on makes more work for you, since you need to grip the hammer harder through a centimeter of leather to keep it from flying out. Things made for hands won't hurt your hands if you use it properly, so some locking pliers and your good ol' bare mitts do just fine. Wish I figured that out when I was dishing my spaulders.

AC++: Another Fun Fact! When hitting anything with a hammer, don't hold it with your thumb parallel to the handle. You will mess up the tendons in that hand over an extended period of time, and will make everything you do with that hand hurt forever. Be a smart noodle, not a hard noodle.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
These past few nights have not been good for sleep. It's going on winter, for crying out loud! It's making me all kinds of groggy around the clock--so why can't I just sleep like the dead? (You know, minus the never waking up part...) :cautious:

+Oh, gods...it's only Tuesday. :dead:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Well. At least I'm making progress on NaNo.

+ No food in the fridge and no money to order take out but feel like a burden to the people who help us buy groceries...hmm....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I know I said, "Any time after 9", but this is getting a tad ridiculous. O_O With my luck, he won't come to measure the windows until after kiddo gets home from school.

+And another series done. Book hangovers suck. :frown:

++Crap, I haven't pulled anything out for dinner yet. Better get on it, otherwise kiddo might get her wish for mac n' cheese. :hungover:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Dude's lucky he showed up after I came back from grocery shopping. >.> A full day late, but I'll take it; I wouldn't want him here once I've got doggo over for the weekend.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man this sudden flu blows. Blows I say! But it was nice to have a "me" day.

Critic: You always have a "me" day. Your whole life is a "me" day.

Me: SHUT UP! :eek: I am sick so I'm pulling the pity card right now. :bored:

Critic: Bast@rd. :devil:

Me: I know. :bored:

After I've published my book I am going to write a "single hero" story. Why? Because I think it will be easier than jugging multiple heroes.

Ultraman Geed Magnificent is the coolest damn thing I've seen in a long time.

I'm hungry.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
There's a movie called Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, where Jesus fights lesbian vampires with martial arts, aided by a professional Mexican wrestler.

You're welcome.

Good sir, prepare for a sloppy kiss. :kiss:

In real world news maybe I should've have bought the simpler item. Then perhaps things would've turned out better. :frown:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Dunno why it was down, but after 13 hours, so glad to see the 'net is back up and running.

+Poor hub. Already had a bit of a cold, but winding up submerged in ice water after taking a misstep off a boat kind of pushed things so that he got to come home last night and stay home today instead of going back into the field. With the way the temp's dropped again and the wind is howling, though, he's not going to have a good time when he returns tomorrow. :unsure: Luckily it's just four more days, but still...

++Nearly done Christmas shopping already. Kiddo's going to be so happy this year, methinks.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So Youtubers are mad because Nintendo doesn't allow them to make money off their video games. I have to be honest, I am on Nintendo's side. Why can't Youtubers create their own original work?

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Thinking of what I'm gonna do in the Dutch Comic-Con tomorrow. If any of you guys have been to a con before, I've got a couple questions for you:

- Should I take some sort of backpack/bag with me to the Con to carry all the stuff I might get while I’m there?
- Should I bring my own food and drinks?
- Is there a specific etiquette at a Con or should I just be a normal human being?
- Can I leave certain events at any time if I need to (i.e. bathroom break)?
- Should I arrive ~1 hour before the event starts to skip a big part of the line?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Thinking of what I'm gonna do in the Dutch Comic-Con tomorrow. If any of you guys have been to a con before, I've got a couple questions for you:

- Should I take some sort of backpack/bag with me to the Con to carry all the stuff I might get while I’m there?
- Should I bring my own food and drinks?
- Is there a specific etiquette at a Con or should I just be a normal human being?
- Can I leave certain events at any time if I need to (i.e. bathroom break)?
- Should I arrive ~1 hour before the event starts to skip a big part of the line?

What I've heard from cosplayers is:

- absolutely take a bag, but something that'll keep artwork from being bent or warped if you end up buying any.
- check the cons rules on if brining in food and drinks are allowed; if they are, then it's a good idea to bring snacks that are easy to transport
- being a normal (polite) person is definitely okay! If people are in cosplay, though, and you wanna get pics, then talk to them first and be understanding if they're not feeling up to a pic. Costumes can get heavy and uncomfortable after a point and they might be tired. So basically just be nice and don't be rude.
- I'm not sure about the last two. You might want to ask the people who run the con if it's okay to leave early or not (I'd assume you can, but getting back in will be next to impossible if the con's really full of people and the event's over-full).

DDutchguy

DmC hype
What I've heard from cosplayers is:

- absolutely take a bag, but something that'll keep artwork from being bent or warped if you end up buying any.
- check the cons rules on if brining in food and drinks are allowed; if they are, then it's a good idea to bring snacks that are easy to transport
- being a normal (polite) person is definitely okay! If people are in cosplay, though, and you wanna get pics, then talk to them first and be understanding if they're not feeling up to a pic. Costumes can get heavy and uncomfortable after a point and they might be tired. So basically just be nice and don't be rude.
- I'm not sure about the last two. You might want to ask the people who run the con if it's okay to leave early or not (I'd assume you can, but getting back in will be next to impossible if the con's really full of people and the event's over-full).

Thanks Shadow, appreciate the answers! Bottom line seems to be to just be normal, which I can pull off fairly well :D

Top Bottom