• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
People bagging on Miasma? o_O And seriously, even if it were a fetish--lots of people like the whole "skin-tight suit" thing. If people are so easily judgmental about that, then they are woefully sheltered. Pure and effing simple.

CT: Oh, no...the mopey feeling is creeping up again. ._.

Yeah actually! I'm surprised you remembered her. She was one of my first "looks evil, but is one of my nicest characters" archetypes.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
+I wonder when she'll stop believing in the Easter Bunny and all that? :unsure: Part of me hopes soon, so she doesn't have to deal with ridicule at school; but the other part of me isn't ready to disillusion her. Childhood is brief; the misery of adulthood is forever (though hey, it still has its perks).
Hmm, I stopped believing in all that stuff when I was... Uh... 9? Depends of the person, but in my case it was because I was indeed dealing with ridicule at school, my classmates told me that they didn't exist, I came home and asked my parents and... Well, that happened. I remember crying a lot when my parents told me that, and then my brother came home (fortunately, the one I like and not the one I hate, since that one already left home 2 years ago I think?), and I calmed down after a bit. Of course, children are different one from another, and I was and actually am a crybaby, maybe you have more luck, I just hope she doesn't have to discover it the same way as me.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aw shucks, it's nothing that special is it? It was just something I studied at college on a whim. :sleep:

It's a mystery show about a bunch of high schoolers solving strange stuff that goes on in their school. It might not sound much, but it truly is my favourite anime of all time.

No its a big deal. At least for me anyway. You could watch any Tokusatsu program without subs and for that reason alone I adore you. Not to mention the countless Toku songs you'd be able to understand and truly appreciate.
I tried to learn, Hirogana, Katakana was alright, THEN Kanji rolled around and I was like "fu@k it! I quit!" But who cares about me lets focus on Izzy! So do you prefer your @ss kissing with red or black lipstick?

In other news, I think I made a friend through hitting on said girl. Everything is wrong!

(Sees another pretty girl)

"Hey baby, have you heard about Pluto?" :cool:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
No its a big deal. At least for me anyway. You could watch any Tokusatsu program without subs and for that reason alone I adore you. Not to mention the countless Toku songs you'd be able to understand and truly appreciate.
I tried to learn, Hirogana, Katakana was alright, THEN Kanji rolled around and I was like "fu@k it! I quit!" But who cares about me lets focus on Izzy! So do you prefer your @ss kissing with red or black lipstick?
True, learning any language is a huge commitment. But being able to enjoy media in its native language without having to rely on questionable dubs/subs is such a great reward.

Plus I just enjoy learning other languages and cultures in general. :thumbsup:

Kurisu

Bunny mom
@Kurisu Don't feel bad, I'm 22 and I'm still kind of a crybaby. Extreme empathy for others as well as a rather overactive sense of morality.
You defined me, plus having depression makes it worse in my case, and I'm a really sensitive person.
True, learning any language is a huge commitment. But being able to enjoy media in its native language without having to rely on questionable dubs/subs is such a great reward.

Plus I just enjoy learning other languages and cultures in general. :thumbsup:
I can relate on the cultures, and it sure is rewarding not having to use subs, I didn't use subs watching Persona 4 The Animation 'cause I wanted to watch it with the game dub, but I still have to watch Steven Universe with subs since their accents are not that clean like the P4 cast. But I guess I can apply English with everything since most japanese games (Persona included) are not translated into Spanish, and it's really easy for me to play in English.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
You know, playing the first Fallout taught me a pretty important lesson. Wandering out aimlessly into the endless desert wasteland is a sure fire way to get horrifically murdered. Fallout New Vegas is much more forgiving, as they kinda expect you to do that and even encourage it to a degree, but not Fallout 1. That game doesn't give a crap about your deepest curiosities or need for fulfillment, any time in the desert is time dedicated to making you the next lawn piece.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Ah, it's been a while since I posted something here. lol XD Just been lazy and busy with work. >.> But, I've been trying to write something. Have a lot of ideas but, been super lazy/tired. lel Also been play Horizon Zero Dawn. It is sooo good. X) So much fun. Might play it some more later today. >.> Or something.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So, so tired... The things I do to keep the magic alive.

Come hell or high water, though? I'm sleeping in tomorrow. :sleep:

+I think I really need to start telling people "No".

++Happy Easter/Ostara/Eostre/what-have-you today!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Damn, I just finished watching a film called "Once Upon a Time in China" and it's dethroned "Drunken Master" as my favourite Martial Arts flick.

Prepare for lots of gushing incoming...
Amusingly the film follows many of the same beats of the first "Ip Man" film which I also watched recently. A local martial arts master fights against imperialism/colonialism by training the local townspeople, with a major theme being that martial arts are quickly losing out to firearms in power and status. Though I guess the main difference between the films is that in OUTC, change isn't necessarily a bad thing which is demonstrated at the end with Wong Fei-Hung (the hero) putting on a Western suit when he had previously refused at the beginning of the film. Fei-Hung isn't your typical lead, being a doctor first he's more hesitant to get into a fight and chides his disciples for starting them. Also interesting was that there wasn't one major bad guy, with the British and America forces ending up fighting each other by the end as much as fighting Fei-Hung. But yeah, fantastic fight scenes but then it stars Jet Li so I expected nothing less. Also a good mixture of bare fists and also usage of weapons.

I believe @berto is a connoisseur of Martial Arts flicks and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, if you've seen it that is.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why can't I access my FIII game file? I know it's been some months since I played, but...what the hell? D: If I have to restart, oh well--but I don't want to do it until I know for sure that it's 100% gone. If it's still there, and I wind up saving over it... :'( Damn you, X-box! This must be because of the recent updates, or something...

Top Bottom