• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
*looks at cursed arm*

Hiei_mark.JPG

Figured this would happen.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well season finale of TV show i watch is today, still can't wait for second season but it comes next year, propably gotta get the books it is based from.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
A question I would like the Universe to give me the answer:
Men complain how women overdominate them , on how nag and how reduce them to trash, but this kind of women are precisely the most appreciated kind in tv , video games, movies, media in general.
So, can I conclude men prefer to be treated as "trash"?Hmm....

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A question I would like the Universe to give me the answer:
Men complain how women overdominate them , on how nag and how reduce them to trash, but this kind of women are precisely the most appreciated kind in tv , video games, movies, media in general.
So, can I conclude men prefer to be treated as "trash"?Hmm....

No, there's a difference between what we like in real life and what we like in terms of character.

I love Long John Silver's character, but sure as hell I'd never wanna meet someone like him.

Gel

Premium
No, there's a difference between what we like in real life and what we like in terms of character.

I love Long John Silver's character, but sure as hell I'd never wanna meet someone like him.
These characters serve as role.If someone likes a kind of female character, it gives hints the kind of women that person likes/appreciates unconsciously.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
These characters serve as role.If someone likes a kind of female character, it gives hints the kind of women that person likes/appreciates unconsciously.

Not necessarily. It can be the case sometimes, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's some kind of rule. In fact, I've read that in some cases, it's the opposite: sometimes people like in media what they don't in real life.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Not necessarily. It can be the case sometimes, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's some kind of rule. In fact, I've read that in some cases, it's the opposite: sometimes people like in media what they don't in real life.

Funny, @Shadow and I have had similar discussions; how the qualities we find endearing or amusing in fictional characters we wouldn't put up with in real people--or if the fictional character were to somehow become real, we'd sooner club them over the head than deal with their nonsense. :laugh: I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, but in some cases, the qualities we like in characters may be as @Gel described. I'd say it varies, though.

CT: Why'd you text me asking if kiddo and I were taking a snow day, and then not reply when I confirmed it? I assume you had a reason for contacting me just as I was crawling back into bed, besides to ask that question. If you want to hang out, let me know now, so I don't spent the entire day trying to figure out whether it's worth the trouble to get dressed, or not. :bored:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
if you text a girl and she doesn't reply the first time, don't panic. she probably didn't have her phone on her or couldn't reply. if you try again, and she doesn't reply a second time, that means something. and you should probably delete her number, and forget about her existence, because she clearly did yours. that's my advice. you're welcome

Gel

Premium
Let me explain :
You're a heterosexual male, this John can have something you appreciate or you would like to be yourself. He is your avatar; you are driven to a certain kind of female character, no matter what: that character can have a quality you would like a woman to have.
Now the best part: a lot of things can forbid you of being that avatar or have that female for yourself like law enforcement/ practical choices, your ego/ superego, etc.
I won't lie in saying the same kind of men that attract me in media is the same as in real life (more or less):dark hair, light eyes and clear skin (ok, maybe some more things). I would instinctively turn my attention to them to check if they have something more that pleases me: I'm only acting on my "darkest desires"; the same way media presents "alpha b*tch" as a representation of a strong woman, if I want to be a strong woman and to be respected, I need to become one of those.
Hmm, now I did a wall of text...Sorry!

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
If you're reading this, it's because my experiments have failed and I have indeed aged another year. ...I WAS SO CLOSE THIS TIME! Soon...soon I will find a way to beat you, Father Time! -shakes fist at sky-

Also, thank you all for the birthday wishes. ^^ -huglz everyone- You're all so sweet. =3 -hopes everyone has a great day and year and eats lots of cake-

Top Bottom