• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just when I was starting to have faith in humanity I discover the Japanese Panty Vending Machine....
Could somebody please explain to me what the butt is going on over there?!... (Head explodes)
(Yes I meant "butt!") :bored:
Hey man, if you soil yourself during an Kojira invasion (other crises are available) then at least you don't have to travel far to get a spare pair.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Did I forget to mention that said panties are manufactured to appear used? @LordOfDarkness @Blackquill

Then...Their are young teen girls actually selling their underwear on the Internet... With a additional charge you can also get their spit and poop in a Tupperware container!

I wish I was joking. Japan is strange place... Still LOVE their Giant Robots thou!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
After the difficulties of yesterday, it's nice to be on-point, today. Hopefully this transfers over to the scene I was having trouble with when I pick it up again, tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

But first, I need to finish this scene. This calls for another coffee...

+Maybe I'll get in some gaming tonight.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I should share this with people.

There's this thread on 4chan about why there isn't a mannequin or toy of the doll in Bloodborne and I brought up this artist I've been a fan of for a few years now calle Marina Bychkova. She makes these gorgeous dolls, fully possible, based on fairy tales, folk stories, and literary women. They can be very anatomical, full body, vegina and everything, and depending on the doll they can have tattoos and/or piercings, but they are gorgeous.

Each one is handmade and very expensive, each is one of a kind. I've always wanted one but I know that kind of art wouldn't fly with my overly christian family whenever they'd be around.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. If you look her up remember the nudity and all that so that you'll be mindful of who's around when you do.

dolls_marina_bychkova_7.jpg

stepmother1.jpg

cathedral5.jpg

dunya2.jpg

These aren't even the best examples, those are a bit more risqué, but they get the point across.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Did I forget to mention that said panties are manufactured to appear used? @LordOfDarkness @Blackquill

Then...Their are young teen girls actually selling their underwear on the Internet... With a additional charge you can also get their spit and poop in a Tupperware container!

I wish I was joking. Japan is strange place... Still LOVE their Giant Robots thou!
Those panty vending machines were outlawed decades ago.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Now somehow noticed that whole playable party in those FF XV videos looks alike some other anime/videogame chars, maybe thats reason im getting it as PS 4 version when it will be even aviable to preorder.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hmm, I would accept Kamiya touch DMC again IF the guy reset this continuity and do DMC as he always wanted it to be.
Knowing how the guy opposed some changes in DMC as it is now, I can't help but wonder how better( or worse) would be his version.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Does anyone remember Sky High? It was a Disney superhero flick about a superhero high school, while not perfect, still entertaining. Kurt Russel was the superhero dad and Bruce Cambell was the gym teacher. That's actually pretty cool. It takes the idea of a superhero school and just runs with it. Doing some pretty creative stuff and is overall just fun. In my opinion, it's one of those movies that's unfortunately not remembered and definitely a little underrated.

Just a random thought from a movie geek.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Just when I was starting to have faith in humanity I discover the Japanese Panty Vending Machine....
Could somebody please explain to me what the butt is going on over there?!... (Head explodes)

(Yes I meant "butt!") :bored:

Sure thing.

Japan's as mundane as any other place if you actually live/work there. Sounds weird and exciting from the outside when people only talk about panty vending machines and bosozoku and themed love hotels and donut heads to try to make the place sound like a bizarro candyland. In actual reality there aren't many things in Japan that're all that "weird" that everyday people approve of. It definitely isn't populated only by cosplayers, otakus and weirdos.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I hear a lot of people calling Rey from The Force Awakens a Mary Sue just because she's "overly skilled" using her force powers and such, and I don't agree with that. I mean for one, did everyone forget how Luke just got in to an x-wing for the first time and blew up a Deathstar for example.

When I think of a Mary Sue, I'm not really thinking of an overly skilled character. I'm thinking of the perfect character that warps the fictional world around them. When the character has the universe bending to their will. Having powers incompatible within the rules of the established universe just because the character is cool.

Rey is skilled (because who wants an untalented main character) but not to an unusual extent. She doesn't bend anyone's characterization to accomodate her or break's the universe's rules to. Which to me is the truest sign of a Mary Sue. If you just ignore this criterion, then every action hero ever basically becomes a Mary Sue making the term meaningless.

Rey does some stuff, but of course she will. She's the protagonist. No one would be saying this if she was a dude I'm betting. It's like any female character who can walk home in the rain without drowning will be called a Mary Sue at some point.

Top Bottom