• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
From wikipedia, cause I was there reading random things again:

"Most samurai were bound by a code of honor and were expected to set an example for those below them. A notable part of their code is seppuku (切腹 seppuku) or hara kiri, which allowed a disgraced samurai to regain his honor by passing into death, where samurai were still beholden to social rules. Whilst there are many romanticized characterizations of samurai behavior such as the writing of Bushido (武士道 Bushidō) in 1905, studies of Kobudo and traditional Budō indicate that the samurai were as practical on the battlefield as were any other warrior.

Despite the rampant romanticism of the 20th century, samurai could be disloyal and treacherous (e.g., Akechi Mitsuhide), cowardly, brave, or overly loyal (e.g., Kusunoki Masashige). Samurai were usually loyal to their immediate superiors, who in turn allied themselves with higher lords. These loyalties to the higher lords often shifted; for example, the high lords allied under Toyotomi Hideyoshi (豊臣秀吉) were served by loyal samurai, but the feudal lords under them could shift their support to Tokugawa, taking their samurai with them. There were, however, also notable instances where samurai would be disloyal to their lord or daimyo, when loyalty to the emperor was seen to have supremacy."

So much for Bushido. But Vergil did hold to it, instead of walking off with Dante, he chose an honorable death.

Vergil was technically a rōnin, samurai without master, though without the shame that status brought, discrimination imposed by other samurai and daimyo, as he had no master to begin with.

So even the real life Akechi was a treacherous backstabber, eh? I knew Sengoku Basara kept to some of the historical aspects (while sprinkling in a ton of silliness and over-the-top stuff), but I'm still pleasantly surprised when I come across actual historical references. ^^

CT: Okay, that definitely was an accidental click on the ignore button...but when the heck did I do it, and why didn't I notice it, then? o_O Like I'd ever ignore them.

+Do not forget Aurora's backpack today...don't you dare forget...

Viper

Premium
So even the real life Akechi was a treacherous backstabber, eh? I knew Sengoku Basara kept to some of the historical aspects (while sprinkling in a ton of silliness and over-the-top stuff), but I'm still pleasantly surprised when I come across actual historical references. ^^

CT: Okay, that definitely was an accidental click on the ignore button...but when the heck did I do it, and why didn't I notice it, then? o_O Like I'd ever ignore them.

+Do not forget Aurora's backpack today...don't you dare forget...
According to the story, if Nobunaga didn't execute Hatano Hideharu, after betraying their peace arrangement, there is a large possibility the betrayal would never take place, since then Hideharu's retainers wouldn't kill Mitsuhide's mother. And Nobunaga even made it worse by insulting Mitsuhide.
So it was more an act of honoring his mother and family, than evil betrayal. Lots of issues these people had.

Maybe put a note on the door to not forget the backpack? Surely you will see something out of place being on the door. XD

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
According to the story, if Nobunaga didn't execute Hatano Hideharu, after betraying their peace arrangement, there is a large possibility the betrayal would never take place, since then Hideharu's retainers wouldn't kill Mitsuhide's mother. And Nobunaga even made it worse by insulting Mitsuhide.
So it was more an act of honoring his mother and family, than evil betrayal. Lots of issues these people had.

Maybe put a note on the door to not forget the backpack? Surely you will see something out of place being on the door. XD

Ah, so there was also a grain of truth in Nobunaga's personage, as well. I guess in that case, Akechi can hardly be blamed for what he did. ^^

Lol! I hung the backpack on the doorknob. xD There's no way I'll forget it, this time...

...and if I do, I'm a blooming idiot. :laugh:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Rebel Dynasty: Had the same thing happen with me. I'd apparently put someone on my ignore list. Obviously I took them off of it, but I still don't see how they ended up on it in the first place. Oh, and...

...b a c k p a c k ;)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Rebel Dynasty: Had the same thing happen with me. I'd apparently put someone on my ignore list. Obviously I took them off of it, but I still don't see how they ended up on it in the first place. Oh, and...

...b a c k p a c k ;)

I think I figured out how, in my case (and perhaps it was the same in yours). At one point, I clicked on them so that the pop-up menu (the one that gives you the link to their profile page, follow, etc) came up; since "ignore" is right beneath "profile", I probably clicked on the former first without realizing it. ^^;

LOL! I won't forget. :tongue:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
If I get this job today not only will it be close but but in the mall but in sweet, sweet air conditioning! And I'm working in a clothing store. XD Luck has smiled on me. But let's see how long I stay in her good graces?

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Meh, Dota 2 has recently just made me insult others and be an awful person in general. I should probably take a break for some time...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Sug just spent the last ten minutes chasing Stilts and sneezing on him. :cautious: I don't even....

+ Oh, hey random spam person I accidentally added on Skype. -blocks and deletes- Bye, random spam person I accidentally added on Skype. -waves-

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Today is a sad. It looks like my mom is going to give up my dog...technically it was the family dog, but I took care of him more then anyone in the house. sigh Spunky was such a nice beagle. Going to miss him.

Top Bottom