• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Lol, I tune it out, after awhile. Surprisingly, I like a fair bit of the music in the DMC games, but I can see where you're coming from--you can get tired of it, pretty quick (besides, I like "Divine Hate" better). :wink:
Yeah a good amount of music in DMC is solid but something from Alice in Chains would really motivate me to cause some beat downs!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Rebel Dynasty I wasn't doing anything except typing. My hand is bruised on the back and it just suddenly went from greenish blue to purple and white. Like. Weeeeeeeeiiiirrrddddd.

If only everyone on DMC.org got along, that would be a great idea. Alas, gone are the good ol' days. :rolleyes:

Than we must change that! Or at least try to! I know personally there some folks who I could say "hey I fu@ked up, I'm sorry." too. :'(

We must find something we all can love and bound over! :bored:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Why can't people be more honest with their feelings these days? Frequently, I see people posting images that show everything is great with their lives, or saying this or that is totally worth it, but then in private they say how upset, resentful and miserable they are. Surely it's better to let those feelings out instead of keeping it bottled up and prentending to be happy.

I wonder if this is partly why antidepressants are one of the most used medications these days? People pretend to be happy, but they're having to use medication just to get through the day without breaking down or snapping; and if it's not that, the news frequently says about people going to rehab or phsychiatric facilities because they can't cope and their perfect life is a lie.

What is it about life these days that makes people that way?

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Why can't people be more honest with their feelings these days? Frequently, I see people posting images that show everything is great with their lives, or saying this or that is totally worth it, but then in private they say how upset, resentful and miserable they are. Surely it's better to let those feelings out instead of keeping it bottled up and prentending to be happy.

I wonder if this is partly why antidepressants are one of the most used medications these days? People pretend to be happy, but they're having to use medication just to get through the day without breaking down or snapping; and if it's not that, the news frequently says about people going to rehab or phsychiatric facilities because they can't cope and their perfect life is a lie.

I think they just don't want to burden other people with it.

They don't want to take time out of what you're doing with their problems, I guess.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

People make people be that way, not life.
The thing is, in my experience, the more you let people into your true emotional and mental state, the more they judge and resent you for spoiling their news feed. The more they block updates from you. The more they groan when they see you're online again.
It's easier for people to get fed up with you when they haven't walked a mile in your shoes, or alongside you.
People judge and criticize what they don't understand.
Which I suppose is a step up from burning and murdering people that were misunderstood.

And that's the thing about online personas. You can be anything or anyone you want, so you can pretend to be happy, but after a while even that gets too much. I don't actually post on my fb much anymore because 99% of it would be negative or complaints. It's much easier for me to cope by leaving them the impression I'm just too busy to post progress, than to say how I feel and get bombarded by questions and/or advice. I'd rather get on with it and deal than to have evidence to scroll back through. You try forget the bad times, so why memorise it in cyber space?

Albeit, forums are different to youtube to fb and such.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
People make people be that way, not life.
The thing is, in my experience, the more you let people into your true emotional and mental state, the more they judge and resent you for spoiling their news feed. The more they block updates from you. The more they groan when they see you're online again.
It's easier for people to get fed up with you when they haven't walked a mile in your shoes, or alongside you.
People judge and criticize what they don't understand.
Which I suppose is a step up from burning and murdering people that were misunderstood.

And that's the thing about online personas. You can be anything or anyone you want, so you can pretend to be happy, but after a while even that gets too much. I don't actually post on my fb much anymore because 99% of it would be negative or complaints. It's much easier for me to cope by leaving them the impression I'm just too busy to post progress, than to say how I feel and get bombarded by questions and/or advice. I'd rather get on with it and deal than to have evidence to scroll back through. You try forget the bad times, so why memorise it in cyber space?

Albeit, forums are different to youtube to fb and such.

This, SO MUCH THIS!
It gets worse when you have Family on social media who think giving advice on said social media is the same as "being there for you cuz we're family!" :cautious: Its nonsense! Truthfully social media exists to share funny memes or videos. Or those "a real woman/man would" blah, blah bull sheep! (Yes, I typed "bull sheep".) :bored:
People would rather see you post that stuff instead of meaningful posts. Posts that give honest feedback. Now I've done the whole "here's my advice" thing before, so I'm not perfect at all. But social media is more "media" than "social."

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I was just thinking a couple of days ago, "Odd, I haven't suffered a true bout of insomnia for a couple of months" ( a "true bout" being anytime it lasts from a week to a few months; as I define it, anyway).

And voila! I can't seem to get to sleep, tonight. My brain won't shut up about all the ways I can improve my work. -_- Yes brain, that is all very, very fascinating---but I have to be up at the ass-crack of dawn, remember?

Honestly, we'd benefit greatly if you were this active during the day. :rolleyes:

Why am I hearing this in the English voice of Mephisto Pheles? o_O

Top Bottom