• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

not only has this violently punched a hole into my inner geek's heart...
this pushed my logical self and inner film nerd to commit suicide. my spirit is broken temporarily

(side note: i won't lie, there are things in spider-man 3 that are brilliant...but this depressed me)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

not only has this violently punched a hole into my inner geek's heart...
this pushed my logical self and inner film nerd to commit suicide. my spirit is broken temporarily

(side note: i won't lie, there are things in spider-man 3 that are brilliant...but this depressed me)
Uh yea, no. Spider-Man 3 is still a bad movie. Bob is insanely biased.

There's a few definite things about Bob.
-He loves nearly everything done by Sam Raimi
-He hates pretty much everything by J.J. Abrahams
-He thinks Kevin Smith isn't good anymore because he didn't live up to some weird expectation Bob set for him like destiny and tries to push that opinion on everyone else like a kid.

He hates The Amazing Spider-Man a lot more than he should for the stupidest of reasons. I love Spider-Man and I know I'm a fan. The Amazing Spider-Man is better than it had any right to be. Was it perfect? No. I also really really like Raimi's first two Spider-Man flicks, but that doesn't change Spider-Man 3 from being a disaster.

And Andrew Garfield is a better Spidey than Tobey. Bob can be pretty damn insufferable sometimes and can be that pretentious comic book guy from the Simpsons or that guy from The Critic whether he realizes it or not. Sometimes he can give intelligent commentary, sometimes he's also nothing but a upset little fanboy.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
STOP.

In this case, I honestly don't believe that it's bias.

Is Bob biased himself? Oh of course he is. But even a crazy dog will outsmart the fox once in a while.

Wait, that made no sense...

Yeah, and I also really dislike JJ -- I mean, I liked the first Star Trek movie... but that was it.

Sure, he'll do a fine job with Star Wars, but I can't help but feel like... someone else out there can do it better.
And Andrew Garfield is a better Spidey than Tobey.

NO.

WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS.

Reactions: Jak

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

NO.

WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS.
Andrew Garfield takes Spidey and delivers on his playful nature. Spidey is a cocky smartass who messes with his villains and Peter Parker is a genius who doesn't stay a socially awkward teen. Sure maybe in the beginning Andrew wasn't convincing many people he was that little Parker he was at the start, but he still becomes who Spider-Man and Peter Parker are.

Tobey is not terrible, he never was. However, he did turn Peter Parker in to mostly a whiny little baby. How many times did he cry like a little b!tch bawling his eyes out with snot and everything in those movies? You never really got to see Peter being the genius he is either. Plus, his Spider-Man was just awkward with the attitude.

I KNOW SPIDER-MAN. More than Movie Bob thinks he does. And any Spider-Man fan whether they like the movies or not, would not deny Andrew's performance as Spider-Man is superior and Emma Stone as Gwen is above and beyond better that Firsten Dunst.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
geez dude XD

hahahaha!

Yeah, Garfield the cat captured the cocky side, but... I couldn't really believe that he was a "genius" when he was watching youtube vids on basic magnetism.

Ah whatever -- he was funny, but I wasn't feeling it from him. And Emma as a super-hot genius... competing against another genius for a place at Oxford... and Harry Osborn being yet ANOTHER genius?

IS EVERYONE A GENIUS IN THIS MOVIE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Oxford, what was with Andrew Garfield and all the "British" jokes he was using? Shouldn't he have been against ribbing against his own country?

I mean, when Austin Powers did it, he did it right -- this is just... what?

Anyway, funny guy, almost but not quite convinced me that he was Spider-Man (the only time he really shined as Parker was during his scenes with Aunt May).

Lose the haircut, be a little more awkward, bulk up a little, and then we'll talk.

Yes, I know you know Spider-Man. No one's disputing that. This is just my own personal tastes we're talking about here.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
geez dude XD

hahahaha!

Yeah, Garfield the cat captured the cocky side, but... I couldn't really believe that he was a "genius" when he was watching youtube vids on basic magnetism.

Ah whatever -- he was funny, but I wasn't feeling it from him. And Emma as a super-hot genius... competing against another genius for a place at Oxford... and Harry Osborn being yet ANOTHER genius?

IS EVERYONE A GENIUS IN THIS MOVIE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Oxford, what was with Andrew Garfield and all the "British" jokes he was using? Shouldn't he have been against ribbing against his own country?

I mean, when Austin Powers did it, he did it right -- this is just... what?

Anyway, funny guy, almost but not quite convinced me that he was Spider-Man (the only time he really shined as Parker was during his scenes with Aunt May).

Lose the haircut, be a little more awkward, bulk up a little, and then we'll talk.

Yes, I know you know Spider-Man. No one's disputing that. This is just my own personal tastes we're talking about here.
it did strike me a bit odd that peter didn't know the basics of physics. because even when i know something that a smart person doesn't...theres an issue.

i didn't see harry as a genius in this movie. he just came off as a rich kid who had access to a bunch of cool stuff.

i love it when the script makes actors rib on their homeland. i'm a sadist that way

this is a very weird thing about the movie that i thought they' steer away from. they took peter parker in that john romita/stan lee direction, where after high school, he wasn't such an outcast. it weirded me out they went in that direction seeing as how in the comics, they seem to like to take peter back to being an outcast a lot, but i guess based off the ending, he seems like he should've been less awkward. but i do feel like peter was a bit TOO cocky at times. but it kinda serves the story and plays into his character arc. and yes. the aunt may scenes are solid gold.

his hair...i dunno. i mean. i personally wish he had a different hair style seeing as how webb was playing up the ultimate peter parker angle a lot in terms of his fashion sense and attitude towards the world. but hey. i would've preferred if it were down like the way mark bagley draws him, but hey. thats a taste thing.

this is definitely a taste thing we disagree on bro. i like skinny spider-man. because it makes him seem to meek...until he punches you though a building. i was just never a fan of body builder peter parker. but again, taste thing.

btw if kirsten dunst left me...i'd cry too.

Top Bottom