• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Azurel

:O How did you handle that?! We live in the desert (over 100 degrees today. Thought I was gonna melt), but I can't imagine living without water and AC.

What can I say? I'm a badass. Seriously, though, I had to get used to the cold water. I remember bracing myself twice a day (once in the morning, and once at night before sleeping) before having that cold water pour on me. I was all like, "HIYAAAA!" I consider it my ninja training. :p

As for no AC, well, I had a fan on a plastic stool next to my bed. I wasn't broke necessarily....just really, really, cheap.

I also lived in the desert for a short time. It was bad. But at least I had hot water and an AC then. You may think you don't need hot water (over there), but trust me, you need hot water anywhere. XD

If you don't mind excessive heat, tempermental rabbits, and an attention-hogging dog, sure. ^^

I'm not saying I'm going to live there, but I really like rabbits....the tame ones anyway. The attention hogging dog is better than an unfriendly one.

Thinking:
Sleep. Where have you gone lately?

Depression makes me lose sleep sometimes. I hate it when I have insomnia because I really like to dream. It's just the "waiting-to-go-to-sleep-with-depression" part that gets to me.

Thinking: Will there ever be a rainbow?

Azurel

Okay, that's enough summer, I want the cold and rain back now, plz. . .

I used to think the same thing. That I liked the cold better than the heat. Turns out that I only liked the 'cool'. I once had to live in an almost freezing climate where it wasn't cold enough to snow, but rained a lot. Yeah, I didn't mind the heat so much then. All you need is a fan. XD

...and open windows.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Since when did posting strings of pictures become acceptable and mature forum posting format?

Sigh...really don't fancy having to dust off the warning button. It's such a miserable thing to have to do...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Some happy medium would be great... but this is the UK. It's medium, but never a happy one... ho ho.

It's been so hot the last couple of days/nights in here even with the windows open and the fan on, I'm practically reduced to nudism. >_>

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I hate hot weather. Like, I have reverse SAD. I just want cold, wet, miserable weather because in my view there are plenty of creative ways to stay warm but very few options to stay cool...

And on an unrelated note - GOTIS much?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Ah, I was just replying to Azurel's suggestion and you sorta... post-ninja'd my brain. =P

Air Conditioning would be so great right now. They had it in my hotel room in the Carib once, I swear I was either in that room or standing in the sea for 99% of that holiday because the heat was killing me. The room was attracting lizards - you'd think they'd have wanted to be outside in the heat.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My eldest two kids love all this weather but me and my youngest son just want to sleep, complain and sleep some more. Still, no one wants to eat at the moment so I'm kind of saving on food bills. Kinda...

CT: Any chance of your secretary picking up the phone and keeping me in the loop? It's not hard and I'm fairly sure telephone work is part of her job description...

Azurel

where do i find the time with 2 jobs and so much work and still come here.....:blink:

You're a better man than I am.

Some happy medium would be great... but this is the UK. It's medium, but never a happy one... ho ho.

It's been so hot the last couple of days/nights in here even with the windows open and the fan on, I'm practically reduced to nudism. >_>

I feel your pain. I used to just sweat it out, however. Even in long pants. But I really am sorry about your situation. Really. You don't have to even tell me how hard it is, because I already know.

Oh...'medium'. Now I get it. Ha-Ha. Hee-Hee. Ok, I actually found it kind of funny, because it took a minute for me to get it. (I'm rather slow like that)

I hate hot weather. Like, I have reverse SAD. I just want cold, wet, miserable weather because in my view there are plenty of creative ways to stay warm but very few options to stay cool...

And on an unrelated note - GOTIS much?

Have you ever worked outside in the (very) cold, with the freezing rain for periodically coming and going to make things worse by trolling you for ten hours? Not a lot of ways to stay warm in that situation, let me tell you.

Sorry, I know your life is hard--and really, no one's life is easy--I was just being unnecessarily bitter.

And while it's still mighty awful in the heat, at least you don't have that 'freezing finger' feeling. Even when you wear gloves, your hands are still freezing. And as long as you have water, your sweat more or less cools you off (gross). But, as long as you're able to shower afterwards, you're more or less ok, overall.

Yes, even when I was completely covered from head to toe (except my nose and mouth (which were covered in sunblock) because I needed to breathe clearly) to prevent the searing sunburn, I still had a better time adjusting to the heat than to the cold.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If you don't mind excessive heat, tempermental rabbits, and an attention-hogging dog, sure. ^^

We've got an attention-hogging cat. So I'm pretty much used to it.
I love rabbits... not too keen on heat though.

Okay, that's enough summer, I want the cold and rain back now, plz. . .

It'd be great if we had that over the next three weeks :p It's keep the athletes cool ;)

3DS, my first console where i can actually get DLC for the games. Its a pity i can't take the ps3 or 360 into town and connect them to wi-fi.

ehhhh, losing one nil isn't so bad i suppose.

KRSkull

How does pursue their goal when they don't have the right qualifications? That is the question!

No one can do that. you can try but one day you will reach a point where you start to ask these questions "Am i getting close to my goal? If not then what am i suppose to do? How can i reach my goal?".

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I may be disagreed with, but doesn't it seem like nobody wants the Olympics except the government - so it can be some sort of 'distraction' from all the issues they should be dealing with right now? It feels so North Korea. >_> You WILL enjoy these Olympics and we WILL be proud of them, and we WILL have them even if the terrorist threat is close to "severe" as a result, and we WILL deploy soldiers and missiles on top of your tower block whether you like it or not (even if God forbid something awful does happen, and they have to shoot down a plane, in which case that probably won't save that many more people or damage as it all lands on top of everything), and we WILL have these games even though the country is still in the throes of recession and poverty. Tax money well spent, I'm sure... what isn't being provided by corporate companies throwing their weight around.

For a few weeks of distraction, we're going to run a severe threat of attack, and spend extortionate amounts of money on it, and probably won't win much anyway. It just seems wrong. If I were living in that tower block where the missiles are supposedly being stationed I think I'd be going crazy.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't think the Olympics is what matters right now - soooo many better things the money could be spent on. If corporations have that much cash to flash for some glorified school sports day then they can contribute to the economic problems instead. But of course, who wants to wear "sponsored by Natwest" on their clothes just so they can get enough money to pay their heating bills this winter?

KRSkull

If football is sports. then what do you call all the other things like basket ball, tennis, baseball, swimming,....etc

KRSkull

Sports. Unless I misunderstand the question?

That is what i have been thinking. but lately when i watch the news on TV the announcer says and now with the sports and all what he talks about is football. the same thing with newspaper. so i don't know.

Top Bottom