• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you sick of?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@VampireWicked
OMG, this f*ckin' post. The only reality shows I like are those like Animal Planet's River Monsters, home improvement shows, etc. All that Kardashian sh*t and Hip Hop wives, cosmetic surgery, Beverly Hills brats, Bachelor/ette, ugh you can miss me.

Oh and shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

You're in danger of being a fan of a s0-called "Gary-Stu."

Oh god, agreed! I don't even know half of the ones that are on now, so whenever I happen upon one, I'm like, "Dafuq is this?"

And lol! Wait, wait, wait...how's Classic Dante a Gary-Stu? o_O Or have I misunderstood?

(Also, your signature is killing me). XD

Last edited:

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Oh god, agreed! I don't even know half of the ones that are on now, so whenever I happen upon one, I'm like, "Dafuq is this?"

And lol! Wait, wait, wait...how's Classic Dante a Gary-Stu? o_O Or have I misunderstood?

(Also, your signature is killing me). XD
He's unrelatable, shallow, boring, no weaknesses, overpowered...an all around "perfect" character you might say. I guess not many people can see that as a bit of a mask and just sees him on the surface level.

While on that note, why does a character have to be relatable in order for you to like them? And why does everything have to have realistic/realism for it to be valid, whether in a game/movie/comic/manga? What happened to being creative and going against the norm? What's with all this conformity bullsh*t?

And yes, the gif spoke to me :D

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
He's unrelatable, shallow, boring, no weaknesses, overpowered...an all around "perfect" character you might say. I guess not many people can see that as a bit of a mask and just sees him on the surface level.

I must not share their view; despite how powerful and nearly unbeatable he is, I still find him relatable, in some ways. I guess from a personality perspective; I mean, don't we all know what it's like to hide behind a smile?

But I agree, a character doesn't have to be relatable to be likable; I do like relating to some, but it's not necessary for all. I just have to find something likable about them, that's all; regardless of whether I can view them on a deeper level, or not.

I guess it's all in how they're portrayed.

But, I've taken the thread off-topic...which I think I do far too often. ^^; Sorry, all.

Currently sick of: Mother nature's inability to be sober. Seriously, I froze my a$$ off this morning, and then this afternoon, I all but cooked. O_O Pick a season, damn it!

Maxman

Sick of my overprotective parents and them not letting me having a life like getting a girlfriend :/

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Parents

Oh and my doctor, he forgot 'patient confidentiality' when in an appointment with my father and told him about me yesterday. What's wrong with that?
1. My dad hasn't got any idea about my problems.
2. I'm over 18, what I see my Doctor about is private.
3. Dad has no interest in me and lives with his head 'up his ar$e'.
4. My doctors knows that I don't like my dad.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What i'm sick of are those that watch anime all day & cry about the slightest bit of ecchi or some busty female characters & label them all sluts when ya don't know a smurfin thing about them.

...........I think it's either they're envious, prudes, or just look for poor reasons to whine.
A woman shows the slightest bit of sexuality & BOOM labeled slut........Pfffffft Yea mature aren't we...NOT!

Whatever it is i don't care, go find an anime to your liking. A cartoon,comic, or take up drawing your own anime with your crayons & stop crying.

This^

I also hate when people call a busty female character a slut simply because she doesn't do what THEY want her to do. She doesn't go with the MC=bitch. She chooses to not be tied down to the MC=slut. She decides to go with the other guy instead=hate.

Just because they don't do what you want them to do doesn't mean you call them bitches and say they're bad characters, you libido-driving c*nt f*cks. (Sorry, not addressed to you. got a little annoyed from them just now)

But it's in this that I remember something important about creating female characters; their physical appearance isn't the most important attribute to their character. It's what's inside and how they interact, and how they behave as characters that's important. They can have big boobs, a nice ass, and a beautiful face, but have a warm-hearted character that's intelligent, not dense, and is lovable.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I see a lot of people ranting about idealized women on some of the manga and art sites I post my manga at, and that it's like the "duty" of artists not to perpetuate the stereotypes. Which I don't agree with. Art is expression, so nobody should be telling you how to draw your women. If you want to draw them that way then draw them that way. The moment you stop drawing them the way you want to and start drawing them the way some person online thinks you should draw them so they won't be offended is the moment you stopped being expressive and started self-censoring.

I'm unapologetic for what I do, because I know the difference between fantasy and reality, I shouldn't have to lower myself to the standards and intelligence of someone who doesn't know the difference, or doesn't know how to appreciate fiction and fantasy, and neither should you. Nobody complains to this extent about the idealized man, seen everywhere so much, as it's considered a 'great thing' to be a beefcake. It's okay to be an unrealistically handsome/ripped dude even if you've got no personality, yet being an attractive well endowed woman is sniffed at disapprovingly and making her older, less attractive, giving her a "realistic" outfit that covers stuff is praised just because it's not what's annoying the ranters. They miss the point that those things don't make a 'good' character by default either.

I know there's a point where people should think about what their characters are "saying" to their audience and the impact on people's brains, but characters are more than just the sum of their body parts anyway. Or should be.

Last edited:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
What I'm sick off is not finding any good anime to watch or manga to read. I don't mind eichi (sp)or anything like that. The only things i don't want in my anime are: pansy sissy male protagonist that have a flock of girl/women just falling head over heel for and he has know idea. Or the opposite female protagonist that is just a doormat to everyone and smile through.

*sigh* =_= I just want to read/watch something like deadman, HOTD, descent of darkness or something. Oh well I'll just keep on looking.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
Between waiting to find a temporary job, waiting to work with my father to see if I like his line of work (carpentry), and trying to figure out the best time to start college, I have absolutely nothing to do at the moment, and I'm sick of it. It's been like this for almost a year now and it's mind-numbing. All I can do for the time being is sit around and hope I don't go crazy. :woot:

Oh, and do the usual nerdy stuff. That helps to keep me sane. :D

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Never really realized this before, but just because things are 'out of style' doesn't mean they aren't cool. What is 'in style' means what people liked to see back then. What people thought looked good. So it's not necessarily true that old Dante is uncool just because he wears outdated clothing (according to some people). There are certain things that just never go in or out of style - things that can't be widely considered cool or uncool. Maybe it's the same with Dante's outfit: people either like it or hate it, but it's never in or out of style. The same goes for many outfits of anime characters, and strangely, I've never heard anyone critique anime outfits, unless they thought of how it would look on actual people. I guess that's the whole idea: they're characters, not real people, and so the same rules don't always apply.
And yet, some say old Dante is out of style... seems like nonsense to me, especially since the majority of the fanbase wants old Dante back just the way he was.

So yeah... sick of nonsensical/useless arguments.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
What I'm sick off is not finding any good anime to watch or manga to read. I don't mind eichi (sp)or anything like that. The only things i don't want in my anime are: pansy sissy male protagonist that have a flock of girl/women just falling head over heel for and he has know idea. Or the opposite female protagonist that is just a doormat to everyone and smile through.

*sigh* =_= I just want to read/watch something like deadman, HOTD, descent of darkness or something. Oh well I'll just keep on looking.

Hmm...

Well, I don't know if you'll like any of these, but feel free to check 'em out, and let me know what you think.

Bleach, Attack on Titan (just got into it, myself), Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (which is essentially a remake), Black Lagoon (love this one so much!), Soul Eater, Death Note, Black Butler...

I can't think of any others, at the moment.

@Ieyasu Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Got sick of waiting for so long for that new Gran Turismo 6 update patch Ver. 1.08! Finally! I can play that awesome sim racing game of my childhood with newer and cooler cars!! :D

EDIT:
Also, I am also tired of the slurs Devil May Cry extremists spur at one another:
In DarkSlayerZero's Tumblr DMC Confession, he said he disliked DMC3 and DMC4 Dante. And what did a reblogger tell him? "Go beat your balls in an eggbeater. How can you call yourself a fan if you don't like the most obvious Dante?"
I give my sympathy to DarkSlayerZero for being a victim of this fanatical obsession done by that reblogger as he gained my respect for having his own honest and humble opinion!
I have a friend over DeviantArt for his signature for being neutral, like he gets a bad label if he likes DMC and DmC (former over latter, etc.)... If he uses classic Dante as his avatar, he gets labeled "DmC Hater"; if he uses new Dante, he gets labeled "traitor". My goodness! Will this even restore my faith in this franchise?! This is rather making me even more skeptical for this franchise's future I'm afraid!
7ae.png

Also, I am sick of calling my opinions "wrong". An opinion is neither right nor wrong; it's all subjective! Nothing more!
I am also sick of the way some people express their opinions as well, which ended up stirring up a hornet's nest (if you know what I mean)!

Well, I'd rather play GT6 then...

Last edited:
Top Bottom