• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you sick of?

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
I'm sick of April. I hate this month so much. I wish it never existed. And I'm sick of feeling so much pain because of this month. I lost my grandfather on April 4, 2009. His death was a serious blow to me. And every year I can still hear my foster brother telling me that grandfather had died. He wasn't my biological grandfather but my foster grandfather. Even still I miss his stories of how he was in the Navy. I miss him so much. I...I just am sick of this month and pray that it passes quickly.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm sick of main event blaming DmCDE for DMC4SE's digital-only release. Yes. This actually happened.

"Capcom isn't planning a physical release in the west because they're afraid that DmCDE will get buried." [26:00]

-- paraphrased --

====================================

I just wanna play as DMC4 Vergil already... -_-

====================================

Edit:

[DMC4SE @ 15:30] :facepalm:

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That actually makes sense, eliminate or reduce the options to buy DevilMayCry4 over the reboot to guarantee more copies of DmC sold.
Then wouldn't it make sense to release it next year instead (when people are done buying DmC)? Come on. DmC is over. Everyone is focused on SE, so there's no point in giving DmC any more crap than it already has.

Edit: DmC has nothing to do with a lack of a physical DMC4SE release. It's a completely unrelated issue.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Then what's the issue ?
The issue is, that if DmC was hated that much, they wouldn't have even bothered with a Definitive Edition and moved straight on to DMC4SE instead.

By now, everyone has already told Capcom that DMC4 had sold more than DmC. If they just wanted money, they would've released DMC4SE only and left DmC alone.

But they honestly wanted to improve on the issues that DmC had. I'll give them credit for that.

It's not because DmC was the "weaker" of the two. If that were the case, then DmC would've been overlooked completely.

DmC had already made a profit for Capcom. There was literally no reason for Capcom to go back and re-release it if no one had wanted it. In DmC's case, Capcom had genuinely wanted to cater to the fans who wanted improvement.

They didn't have to do that. They could've just released a "remastered" version with no improvements and left it at that. But they didn't.

Why didn't Capcom just re-release DMC4 (instead of DmC) right away? It's not because they wanted money. Not in this case, anyway. It's because they really were listening to the fans.

----------------------------------------------------

If Capcom just wanted money, then they would've just re-released DMC4 with a Vergil moveset and skin (and on the Dante levels only no less) and be done with it.

DMC4 "Vergil Edition" would've sold more, and Capcom only would've made more money because of that.

But they didn't.

Even if Capcom had chosen to do a physical release in North America and Japan only, a lot more people would've complained because of the globalized market.

However, if it's only re-released in Japan, the complaints wouldn't have been as bad, and people in America are still going to buy it, regardless of how its sold.

Capcom had no reason to re-release DmC. They're broke, so that would've given them even less of a reason to do so. They chose to improve DmC because despite their (many) flaws, they still want DmC to be a better game than it was in 2013.

To reiterate:

DmC is not preventing DMC4SE from having a physical release.

It's because Capcom's broke, and they don't want Europe to accuse them of favoritism if they only release it in NA.

The Definitive Edition is completely blameless in this.

One day, Capcom might decide to give North America (and only North America) a physical release... but that's only after enough people complain. For right now, that's not happening.

There aren't enough people protesting against the change.

Most people are still going to download it, and Capcom won't give us a physical release unless the majorty (the same majority who ironically told people NOT to buy DmC) tells Capcom that they won't buy DMC4SE unless they get a physical copy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Capcom knows how popular DMC4 is, and that because of that popularity, Capcom knows that Americans (where the majority of western sales lie) will do anything to get their hands on DMC4SE.

------------------------------------------------------

Capcom isn't doing this out of spite.

They're doing this because they know you're going to buy it anyway. They're not worried about sales. At all.

Also, because of the "no-money" thing. 158 million dollars is almost nothing compared to other (major) companies.

Last edited:

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
I'm sick of my sister Lauren telling me that I can't go to New Haven because I need someone to come with me. Which is a load of $#++$#&%. Because New Haven hasn't really changed that much. And I grew up in that city. I may have lost my memory but I'm slowly gaining bits and pieces of it back. Also another thing that I'm sick of is Lauren lying to me about me having a biological brother when I really don't have a brother. I'm sick and tired of her lying to me. I know for a fact that if I did have a brother than DCF would've told my foster mother, and my foster mother would've told me. But I'll play her little game until I can get her to stop lying to me and tell me the truth. And nobody around here likes lairs am I right or wrong?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@Vergilius
Sounds like it's either Capcom giving DmC a better opportunity or Capcom is just being a jerk & making gamers in the west dance for it lol.
They're being extremely lazy (in DMC4's case), and know that the fans will buy it no matter what.

Besides, I only said that they would put in the effort to improve DmC because the fans asked, I never said that they would bother with physical shipments when it came to DMC4 -- that actually takes a lot more effort, even from a manager's position (due to different manufacturing issues and such).

----------------------------------------

To be honest, I'm not even sure if DmCDE had its own physical release in Japan due to all the bad press it got over there.

----------------------------------------

Leaving the developers to improve DmC is akin to waving a wand at this point (just make the game more difficult alongside a few other tweaks) -- the real challenge is dealing with the physical release.

Since they know DMC4 will sell astoundingly well, they're just going to leave it online. They don't care if some gamers get left out -- a sale is just another sale to them (in DMC4's case, anyway).

---------------------------------------

Why didn't they just leave DmC alone if Capcom is willing to be that callous towards us? Because in this case, it's a matter of having good gameplay. They knew they could do better, so they did.

No matter how bad their writing in their stories are, their gameplay will forever be praised and imitated. This is just their way of fixing their own mistake.

A matter of principle, if you will.

Capcom is still Capcom, after all. The least they could do is have good gameplay with most of their games.

It's just keeping up with their own track record.

--------------------------------------

In DMC4's case, the only thing there was to fix was the brevity of the game itself and the lack of Vergil. Since they couldn't add any more levels, they decided to give us three new characters instead.

They're not "helping" DmC, they're just showing us that DmC is capable of being better -- while not needing to change DMC4 at all.

In any serious way, I mean -- three new characters aren't the same as a new campaign, not by a long shot -- a new campaign (even a short one) would take a lot longer to accomplish.

-------------------------------------

Three new characters in the same main game just sounds like Capcom took the easy way out -- especially considering that they had 7 years to work on DMC4.

What they should've done was make DMC5 instead of Dragon's Dogma because they were too busy trying to cash in on the Dragon Age and Skyrim crowd.

I enjoy playing as Vergil, but I have literally no other reason to buy the game itself at this point.

-------------------------------------

And since DMC4 doesn't have to be "better" (from the fans' perspective, anyway) at this point, they didn't feel the need to make a genuine effort towards any meaningful change.

The fans didn't even care when they found out that Vergil didn't have his own campaign.

Capcom knows very well that if the fans forgave them for not having a more substantial Vergil storyline, then they'll forgive them for selling the game online only, no problem.

Not one diehard fan out there has called for a boycott. Not one.

Thus, they felt no need to make an effort when it came to releasing the game. Just post it online and watch the cash roll in.

------------------------------------

Why waste funding on physical costs when you can earn the same amount of coin with online only?

Not to mention, this way they won't have to worry about used game sales (in the west). Bam. Even more capital. Guaranteed.

To Capcom, this is just "smart business."

Maximum profit -- minimal effort.

-----------------------------------

Fans will forgive. Fans will buy any game that they're devoted to. Anything for DMC4SE.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
When people show up outside work when the doors are locked and look at me like "Go get someone to open the door". Or not even do that, they just stand there expecting to be let in. You know there is a buzzer outside to ring, go ****ing press it.

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
I'm sick of my "friend" Lewis always thinking that I need to be "saved." And I'm sick of him always asking me why I stop at Snappy Dawgs but never buy anything from there. I never have the money to buy anything from there because all my money goes to rent and bills. Another thing I'm sick of is that Lewis always makes fun of my clothing. So what if I wear a lot of black? I'm a goth, and I won't change that for anyone. Plus my true friends at Snappy Dawgs understand my situation better than Lewis can. They help me out when I'm starving. Also I help them out when they need to buy something, and I get it for them. So it's a win win situation for them and me.

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
@Shadow Sparda
I had friends who constantly go to church always asking are you saved.
It always got on my nerves because they'd come off like some elitist church group thinking everyone who doesn't go to church is unclean or something.

All black is awesome, it makes putting together outfits soooo much easier.
Sucks during summertime though as it draws alot of heat.
Thanks. I mean that. Also I'm used to the weather so it doesn't really bother me a lot. Considering that I'm going to wear my beloved black hoodie this summer.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
this may come off as harsh but i am sick of people complaining about water temples in zelda games
there not hard you just suck
i can't believe people get lost when they have a map of the whole place and there too impatient to wait half a second to pause and switch boots

Top Bottom