• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Most recently, I read the Inferno, Art of Living, and Siddhartha. I'm now on to Purgatorio. I'll take another break after I finish it before reading Paradiso.

Lookie there, serious stuff.

Gotta admit, the Divine Comedy was one of the only things I studied at school that didn't bore me to death and was excited to study. Together with Homer's works.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Professor Layton and the Wandering Castle."
latest

Considering the huge popularity of the series, I'm surprised the novels never received an English translation. Oh well, the book is great so far, I find it amusing that before anything else the narrator decides to talk about the headlines of the "London Times" (An airship test flight from London to New York, a jewelry store heist and an escaped zoo elephant). I'm sure it'll all tie into the climax...somehow.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I just recently started "Mob Psycho 100" a gag manga which is written by the same author who wrote One Punch Man. You can really tell by it's whimsical style of comedy. Here's a quick example where the president of the Telepathy club tries to recruit Mob, by convincing Mob's master Reigen who's a fraudulent exorcist.

President: "No matter what, I want Mob to join our club to prevent it from disbanding!"
Reigen: *A girl? She's using Mob* "Mob is a complete loser at sports, don't force him to do this."
President: "We're not a sports club!"
Reigen: "Then it's an art club, brass band?"
President: "We are called the Telepathy club. We train in order to receive telepathy."
Reigen: "Now that sounds like complete bull:poop:, telepathy my a**.

:D:D:D

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I started reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick which I believe the sci-fi classic "Blade Runner" is based off. I don't usually read sci-fi but the idea of robots and AI always fascinated me.

Also, I know exactly the electric sheep that the novel refers to. It's...
The Pokémon Mareep.

mareep.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Been reading Many Bloody Returns which is an anthology of short vampire stories by some really good (and some disappointing) authors. Basically a big book with a bunch of birthday prompted shorts.

I need something else to read.
Like, online, because my laptop is easier to read and navigate than an actual book with pages that my bub can tear and munch on and throw away from me.
So, link me to something good, please?????

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Currently reading Batman And Psychology: A Dark And Stormy Knight by Travis Langley. I'm not very far into it but it's pretty interesting. ^^ Will be reading the next part in the series soon, probably.

Also reading my writing notes. I'm pretty sure one of my characters is a spy. He says he says he's not, but he really acts like it. :O -suspicious-

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Been reading Many Bloody Returns which is an anthology of short vampire stories by some really good (and some disappointing) authors. Basically a big book with a bunch of birthday prompted shorts.

I need something else to read.
Like, online, because my laptop is easier to read and navigate than an actual book with pages that my bub can tear and munch on and throw away from me.
So, link me to something good, please?????

https://www.wattpad.com/story/11441872-london-shadows-book-1

Not sure if it would be up your alley, but I particularly enjoyed this one. ^^

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
so long time i readen anything for now i remember one urban fantasy novel from that Dark Hunters series what oddly it was called same title like game series we here discuss : Devil May Cry.

Now well im more into Space Opera/ Cyberpunk/Biopunk and i still can't find anything on this in library where i live maybe for reason i readen all they offer and now i don't have anything new in this matter so any one on proposal of books in that theme i would like to read ??

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just caught up on the One Punch Man manga. Still in the middle of the Garou arc, man Metal Bat is such a badass! Who said delinquents can't also be heroes? This arc has definitely raised him to my top three S-Class Heroes.

This chapter cover featuring him shows exactly what I mean...
onepunch-man-7078633.jpg
Just Pure Awesomeness...

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
128524.jpg

I've actually had this for a while and found it in the back of my closet while cleaning, I started it when I first bought it but I don't remember anything so I started it over, it's a fun read.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I just finished Stardust by Neil Gaiman.
I think I might pick up one of the Sookie Stackhouse novels are reread it. I've read them all.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Tsuki no Sango" or "Coral of the Moon" in English.

"I began to hum her voice.
Recalling the memory of the song.
Even if not touching, life will flow to the other side of the distant sky.
Light of the sea. Singing of the coral. – I am still, still in love with you."

A Sci-Fi story based on the classic Japanese prose, "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter". Set in the year 3000, a girl known as "Princess" to others lives on a human colony. One day she is approached by a little man in a spacesuit, who is looking for "stories" that will prevent humanities extinction. So the girl decides to talk about her grandmother who supposedly came from the moon.
fc29e2313212aaae7cf7b80c6ca19fe4bf73cbaf_l.jpg

Such a great story, and with many beautiful illustrations as well. Here are a few...
E69C88E381AEE78F8AE7919A20(1).jpg

E69C88E381AEE78F8AE7919A20(5).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Currently reading these on my Wattpad TBR list (some of which are on-going): Lair of Beasts by Jeanine Croft, The Quality of Mercy by Jae Shanks, A Dance of Shadows by Hob-Goblin, and Beauty in the Bones by Holly Gonzalez.

Soon to be starting on The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Black Seas of Infinity. ^^

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Since finishing the Lovecraft collection, I have read: The Lives of Christopher Chant and Mixed Magics by Diana Wynne Jones, and now I'm reading Howl's Moving Castle.

I'm determined to not let it ruin my enjoyment of the movie, while appreciating it as the original source material. That should be doable, right? Who says you can't like both the book and the movie? ^^

Top Bottom