• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Spent my afternoon reading the manga "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman" by Akira Toriyama. Creator of Dragon Ball.

latest

A charming story about an alien called Jaco who crash lands on Earth while chasing a violent alien and now lives on an island with an old scientist called Omori and a young lady called Tights. Together the three try to repair the spaceship while getting into wacky adventures.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Three: The Titan's Curse.

I still have mixed feelings about these books. Once I finish this series, there's a good chance I won't read them again. It's not even that the writing's bad. I think it just...isn't clicking with me, for some reason. The only thing that seems to keep me interested is the mythology factor, though this book so far has been a lot better than the first two, so... -shrug- Maybe I'll pass them down to kiddo in a few years.

Edit: And now I'm on Book Four: Battle of the Labyrinth.

You know, I think the series gets better with every book--or maybe the first two are just ruined for me because the movies were...well...ugh. >.> I don't know, we'll see. One way or another, I'll keep them in my library.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just read "Outcast Story: Gai" by FKMT in one afternoon. Totally worth it.

A young delinquent gets framed for murder and is sent to an insane correctional facility. A quest for truth, freedom and ultimately to be human again.

It's basically an extreme version of "Shawshank Redemption".

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Last Chance to Die by Noah Boyd. If it doesn't pull me in within the next couple of chapters, I'm not likely to continue; whether it's because of the superfluous exposition here and there, or simply because my mood is leaning more toward other forms of fiction, I don't know. It could be a really good book for all I know--but for whatever reason, it's just not catching my attention yet.

Edit: Okay, it has gotten significantly more interesting. I guess it was just the first few chapters that were slow. Now things have reached a more suitable pace.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So upon learning that Brian Jacques passed away a while ago I decided to re-read one of my favourite books from my childhood, "Castaways of the Flying Dutchman".

Honestly, the actual Flying Dutchman segment of the story always bored me and once Ben and Ned escape to become travellers was always more interesting to me. Especially the heartwarming interactions between them and the old widow whom they board with.

Overall a charming adventure story and one of the few books I've read multiple times. :thumbsup:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Re-reading "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" by H.P. Lovecraft. (Considering the printing service either screwed up--or maybe it was intentional--and half of the story is upside down and backwards, it should be interesting following it). :laugh:

Edit: Now on "A Storm of Swords" by George R.R. Martin. This should keep me busy for a few weeks...

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
830.jpg

At the beginning of the novel, the main character, Hiro Protagonist (a pun on the words "hero" and "protagonist"), discovers the name of a new pseudo-narcotic, "Snow Crash", being offered at an exclusive Metaverse nightclub. Hiro's friend and fellow hacker Da5id falls victim to Snow Crash's effects, which are apparently unique in that they are experienced in the Metaverse and also in the physical world. Hiro uses his computer hacking, sharp cognitive skills, and sword-fighting to uncover the mystery of "Snow Crash"; his pursuit takes the reader on a tour of the Sumerian culture, a fully instantiated anarcho-capitalist society, and a virtual meta-society patronized by financial, social, and intellectual elites. As the nature of Snow Crash is uncovered, Hiro finds that self-replicating strings of information can affect objects in a uniform manner even though they may be broadcast via diverse media, a realization that reinforces his chosen path in life.

Really fun read with a hint of biting satire of well...global society, like this page from it...

13265854_989596654410196_6295116407623123146_n.png

Top Bottom