• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Currently trying to get through FF12 which turns out really isn't as bad as a lot of people say it is. It's becoming one of my favs out of the series.

Radicus

Nehrim - At Fate's Edge
It's a total conversion for TES4 Oblivion, primarily in German with English subtitles.
An AMAZING GAME, so much more enjoyable than that piece of garbage that was Oblivion.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just fused Izanagi with some great spells. Thankfully, this was Persona 4 Golden (you can choose your own abilities in this version), so I got almost all the skills I wanted for him rather easily. I certainly wouldn't have gotten these them this fast had I been playing the original version of P4.

Here are the skills I got for him:

Ziodyne

Brave Blade

Power Charge

Megidolaon

The rest of his skills come standard with his spell set:

Tarukaja

Cleave (weak skill: couldn't get rid of it -- couldn't trade it in for a better spell)

Rakukaja

Rakunda

Well, at least I managed to get rid of Zio, so I'll take my victories where I can get them.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
NieR. Going to get all of the endings.
WARNING! RANT AHEAD! WARNING! RANT AHEAD! WARNING!

Have fun with that... I like Nier's story, but I really don't like the gameplay from what I have seen. I kind of wished that Gestalt and Replicant were released internationally instead of being restricted to different regions for whatever reason. Also, NieR has a really amazing soundtrack. One thing I don't understand is how Drakengard and NieR are tied together. I don't know if it's due to multiple universes/parallel dimensions or what. I don't even know if it's canon or not. Does Drakengard really lead into NieR or is NieR a product of some twist of fate where another universe/timeline of Drakengard creates the world of NieR. Outside of that, I think NieR is a great although ignored game and that Drakengard and NieR really deserves another chance. Well, half of that's happening with Drakengard 3, the prequel to Drakengard 1.

Me, I'm playing a game that I should have completed years ago but didn't due to screwing myself over by saving in a dungeon, underleveled and really far away from the exit and I think teleport crystal. And I think I was having trouble with money as well. I love the setting, voice acting, music, and freedom of specialization of Final Fantasy XII, but I hate the gameplay and stupid mechanics that are part of it. It feels like an old MMO, a monotonous game. Money is trouble when you don't understand the mechanics or like me, grind/farm in poor drop areas and don't own any of the monographs which really helps after picking them up in this playthrough. Gambits are cool, but at times it makes me feel like all I'm doing is moving the analog stick. Great idea, but still kind of weird for a RPG game, maybe if this was done in a MMO, but that would cause gold farming and such to be even easier since everyone has access to a "legal" botting system.

Gideon Emery, Keith Ferguson, Nicole Fantl, Joe DiMaggio, Kari Wahlgreen, and even Bobby Edner, Vaan's voice actor, can only take you so far until you want to murder yourself from going around and killing random stuff while trying to upgrade like one character. The License Board is a really neat idea since it allows you to have complete control over what you want you characters to be, the drawback is that in the end, everyone will be the same. Everyone can function as everyone, which is obvious when you think about it - maxed out characters, licenses, best gear, etc.

The only differences are the stat caps and how three characters for whatever stupid reason that Square Enix decided on would be slower with ranged weapons and guess what? Two of them begin as ranged characters: Fran and Balthier; Penelo's the other slow ranger. Really? You'd think a Sky Pirate and former Judge, in other words has formal military training, and a Viera who probably has handled a bow for most of her life would be able to shoot/use their weapons with extreme skill. Nope, they're slower making them look like idiots compared to a street rat, imprisoned and probably weakened soldier, and princess. Basch I could see as being able to handle every weapon effectively. Ashe too, but maybe not with enought finesse as a two trained military officers and a Viera. Vaan's a freaking civilian and he can handle weapons like a champ, really? Whatever, it's just 0.2 seconds that really adds up with guns since they're the slowest weapons!

The International Edition changed the board with fixed job-like boards; Red Mage, Samurai, Archer, etc.. What I don't understand is the stat growth, not that it really matters for a person who just wants to play and have fun. Is it like Fire Emblem: Awakening's where you have personal base stat growths and the class stat growths are added on or do the classes just override the stat growth? Since apparently Balthier makes for a great White Mage in the International Edition when he was the worst mage in the original edition. His high strength, speed, defense?, and ability to steal off the bat makes him a wonderful White Mage since he can actually fight and later on make use of great swords - don't ask why healers even have great swords. Or that his low magic stats actually benefit him since he doesn't have to spend time replenishing his MP. I don't know. Funny how the "leading man" is one of the best supporting characters.

Another note, Balthier and Archades/The Empire really reminds me of Rome for some reason. Besides the details that parallel them, which I won't go into, it might be because of Balthier's fighting style with certain weapons. With pole and spears he holds them with one hand and usually jabs with the spear and spins the pole. Roman soldiers from what I remember along with Spartans fought a shield and spear. Everyone else - I think - uses spears and poles with two hands except for Fran who alternates. Many people suggest using Balthier's speed stat to make use of daggers against people's belief that Balthier looks stupid with anything except guns. Romans used gladii, short swords, and you can even get a gladius in game. Balthier's "proficiency" with daggers/short swords and Roman's using gladii seems intentional. That or I'm reading into things too much and I'm probably am.

Whatever, long story short, I'm playing Final Fantasy XII.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I don't want to get the last ending of Nier >_>

Playing Lylat Wars (Star Fox) on the Nintendo 64. Gawds, luffle those games. I'm playing Star Fox 1+2 on emulators too. Ahh, memories.
Also emulating Majora's Mask since I can't play mine since I still don't have an Expansion Pak :(

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Dark Souls

It wasn't as difficult as people made it out to be. The only major problem I had was figuring out where the hell I was supposed to go and coping with the terrible frame rates and camera.

Top Bottom