• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
completed ratchet and clank tools of destruction now i'm getting quest for booty, all 4 one and full frontal assault

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Still playing ff12. Farming for Ribbons ATM. Also trying to get all the hunts and best equipment before I face Vayne. I missed out on the zodiac spear unfourtunately by I'll manage lol.

Afterwards I either plan on replaying FE path of radiance or buying the Last Remnant. It looks interesting to say the least.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Still playing ff12. Farming for Ribbons ATM. Also trying to get all the hunts and best equipment before I face Vayne. I missed out on the zodiac spear unfourtunately by I'll manage lol.

Afterwards I either plan on replaying FE path of radiance or buying the Last Remnant. It looks interesting to say the least.

Have fun with that, I'm trying to get the Diamond Armlet at the moment, but I can't remember if the chest in Tchita Uplands is one-time only and if I opened it and saved. I hate grinding/farming in any game. I hate having to play against percentages, odds, and chances. After reading the differences between the normal and International Zodiac Job System versions of the game and experiencing the whole "every character can be everything", I kind of wish that a HD remaster is made and the international version is released internationally - ironic, huh?

Speaking of Fire Emblem... Eff the RNG. That is all.

Whenever I think of The Last Remnant, I think of Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery along with it. I heard that Lost Odyssey was a good game - damn it being an Xbox 360 exclusive -, but I don't know much about Infinite Undiscovery.

Aside from FFXII, therunawaguys and a recent unveiling inspired me to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl again. I never noticed how cool and badass Sheik's down smash is. Basically she - don't argue - breakdances. Mugen, Raiden, and Sheik are on my list of badasses who kill by breakdancing.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
As much as like the game (seriously i love it lol) i hate how they did the treasure chest. Its a probability that the chest may or may not pop up and if it does, theres a chance its not going to have the item your looking for....wth? I'm just gonna use the lv 99 chocobo method to get my ribbon. Screw the chest. i heard about the international version of FF12. I want it. Why can't we have nice things :,(

Lmao I got screwed over by the RNG so many times. Specially in Radiant Dawn.

Micaiah vs enemy archer

Enemy unit has less then 10 percent chance of hitting her...it hits her. She dies. Game over. For god sakes she was on a high ledge too -_-

And dude, tell me your not excited for the new smash bros. did you see what they did to pit? *faints* I love it. I'm so maining him and Wii fit trainer x3

Maxman

Max Payne 3 :D

Once I finish the Single-Player, I am gonna get Duke-Nukem Forever and play the LIVING HELL OUTTA IT :D

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Not playing it yet but I ordered Animal Crossing New Leaf and expect it to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to play it.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Creepy faces. Creepy faces everywhere *shivers*

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32162-1371048409-1.gif

Maxman

Remember Me
=_=_=_=

Do yourself a favor and get Bulletstorm if you're a fan of the classic Duke Nukem's gameplay.
Lol, I have Bulletstorm pal xD beat it again yesterday for like, I dunno, 200000th time :D
I love Duke, So am gonna again play this Sexiness :D and by sexiness I mean DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ::p,
"Hail to the King Baby !

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
As much as like the game (seriously i love it lol) i hate how they did the treasure chest. Its a probability that the chest may or may not pop up and if it does, theres a chance its not going to have the item your looking for....wth? I'm just gonna use the lv 99 chocobo method to get my ribbon. Screw the chest. i heard about the international version of FF12. I want it. Why can't we have nice things :,(

Lmao I got screwed over by the RNG so many times. Specially in Radiant Dawn.

Micaiah vs enemy archer

Enemy unit has less then 10 percent chance of hitting her...it hits her. She dies. Game over. For god sakes she was on a high ledge too -_-

And dude, tell me your not excited for the new smash bros. did you see what they did to pit? *faints* I love it. I'm so maining him and Wii fit trainer x3
WARNING! LONG POST AHEAD! WARNING! RANTING AHEAD! WARNING!

The chests in Tchita Uplands all have a 10% chance of appearing and the Diamond Armlet has a 25% or 50% of being in the chest. Combining those chances equals "Hell" since the chest needs to appear with a Diamond Armlet. Other times, I hate buying equipment and finding the same thing in a chest. I remember buying Vaan a halberd only to find another in a chest minutes after I bought it. Basch ended using the halberd until I was able to get the Defender from the Cocktrice sidequest - an awesome sidequest for equipment. Also, I hate chaining to get stuff, I tried getting an early katana for Ashe and I think I gave up after 2 hours of farming the stupid, sand people for one stupid, rare sand person; 100 sand people per 1 rare sand person. The ability to build characters however you want or in the international version where technically any character can fit a role as some are better suited for other roles is great. But the system to get money and items are overall bad. FFXIII had this problem too, but you could get about 90% of the (first tier) weapons by playing through the game and opening chests. In return for easy weapons, we get a weapon upgrade system. The only game I consider to have good albeit simple upgrade systems are the Ratchet & Clank series and Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Dark Cloud 2 sort of required grinding if you choose to start another weapon's branch and Dark Cloud 1 involved weapon breaking...

Hopefully Final Fantasy XV doesn't have a stupid weapon upgrade system that requires getting a ton of drops and fusing them or whatever like in Final Fantasy X and XIII. A stupid item loot system would be even worse. Farm five hours to get a weapon that'll be replaced in two towns... Yay Demonsbane... Something like Ratchet & Clank's and Dark Cloud's upgrade system where weapons gain EXP would be okay if such a system needs to exist. The other would be like in many games where each new area introduces better equipment and sometimes the cool sword you had is now replaced by a powerful but crappy-looking one. Anyway, I digress.

You can never please the RNG Goddess (Anna) even if you marry her in Fire Emblem: Awakening. I remember my first playthrough when I used characters sporadically and I remember Lyn having decent Resistance. Second playthrough - the restart playthrough - Lyn had a resistance of 5 and a +2 boost at the end of the game as a level 20 Blade Lord. Hector had almost every stat maxed out, the guy whose Resistance, Speed, and Skill stats, I believe, are supposed to have the lowest growth out of Lyn, Eliwood, and him. He was the Great Lord with the best Resistance since Eliwood was screwed over as the "main" Lord and Lyn was screwed over by the RNG. 5?! REALLY? 5?! 40 level ups and only a Resistance of 5?! Good thing she could kill mages and dodge their attacks easily. Still, what the hell, RNG Goddess?

Anyway, after like 3 years of not playing a Super Smash Bros. game, I'm rusty. Still good with Luigi and Fox though, not so much Snake, Falco, or Wolf. Snake and Ike were my main fighters when the game came out, but the apparent issues with Ike's recoveries and Snake feeling too easy to play with made me choose different characters. After that, Luigi and Sonic became my screw-with-people jokers. It's fun to run around and back throw with Sonic or just be a "pacifist" as Luigi. Yoshi ended "replacing" Ike after not playing as Ike and losing some skill with him; kind of weird when that happened and nothing's with Yoshi, it's just weird how it happened. Fox and Falco were my main fighters in Melee; didn't play as them much because so many people used them. I didn't adjust well to Brawl's Falco, but Brawl's Fox felt like home. Wolf's much more interesting out of the three. I did not play as any of the female fighters back then due to insecurities. Now I do and many of my favorite characters recently are female. Samus always held a spot as my favorite character, now Momohime from Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Sheik and Twilight Princess Zelda and Midna, Nilin from Remember Me, Faith from Mirror's Edge, Fang and Lightning from FFXIII, King from KoF, Lyn from Fire Emblem, and plenty more have joined the list including ones I was hesitant to admit to.

Seeing Samus's new Other M suit and that she seems much quicker like in Other M's combat, I definitely want to play as Samus more; I didn't like her Super Metroid suit that was reused for three SSB's and I generally don't like "slow" and heavy characters - funny how Ike became one of my favorites. I never liked Pit. His side B's yell is irritating for me. It sounds like a stupid laugh or something. Bowser's new model and moveset makes me really want to try him out unlike other times were I avoided him like the plague. So far, with what's shown with Link, I'm disappointed since Link might be the same Link from the past three games: sluggish with poor recoveries. Two games had Link immobile when using the bow. Link had an awesome whirlwind spin attack in Soul Calibur 2 that could have been recreated for SSB. Skyward Sword's Link was the fastest and most fluid Link in my opinion. Side smash could have been a Skyward Slash instead of the two hit slash. Up smash could have been the vertical or horizontal spin attack. Down smash can stay the same I guess or be the spin attack counterpart to the up smash. His up B could be the parachute geyser lift. Side B could be the whip. Neutral B can stay the same, but Link's mobile this time. And down B can be the same, but tilting the stick down and "throwing" it could be a roll instead. I love Link and every time I see him, I want to play as him. Every time I play as him, Link feels so underwhelming compared to the rest of the cast. Even Ganondorf and his "I'm too overweight for this" in Brawl was much more fun since he could do a kamikaze grab and it was just hilarious to see Ganondorf run. At least give Link a higher jump or longer aerial spin attack.

Well whatever, going to learn how to play as Sheik more.

Remember Me
=_=_=_=

Do yourself a favor and get Bulletstorm if you're a fan of the classic Duke Nukem's gameplay.
The kick from Bulletstorm is so fun to use and the "air" shotgun. Shame I don't own it, but watching it and playing the demo was fun.

Did you try to play Remember Me in French? The studio that made it is French and the game is set in futuristic France.

Top Bottom