• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
FFX- I had to redo the game to get rid of the bug but I passed it and everything feels normal. The sphere grid is a pain but I'm getting the hang off it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Everyone seems to be playing those right now. It's why the lot of them have gotten so expensive. A few months ago I was going to grab a copy of SMT: DS: RKv.TSA. It was only a few bucks but the copy I found was a bit roughed up so I was waiting for the guy to get one in better condition except now the SMT games have blown up in price. Now I'll never get to play DDS.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Everyone seems to be playing those right now. It's why the lot of them have gotten so expensive. A few months ago I was going to grab a copy of SMT: DS: RKv.TSA. It was only a few bucks but the copy I found was a bit roughed up so I was waiting for the guy to get one in better condition except now the SMT games have blown up in price. Now I'll never get to play DDS.
Ye, it's why I've been looking into importing the novelisation set of the DDS series especially since they have plot elements that the author was not able to put into the video games due to her health problems at the time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
GTA V and Far Cry 5 Ive completed both on console but Steve and I wanted to try online on PC and have to have done openings before you get option to play online.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Got bored so I decided to upload a play through of gears 5 campaign on insane solo

I'm just playing through what I have while I wait for the mafia 1 remake next month

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just beat W101 on PS4 and Puppeteer on PS3 so I'm thinking of moving on to Plague Tale or Concrete Genie. I've also been meaning to give MHW a go but I've heard it is a time sink like no other so I don't know when I'd get to that one.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Bloodborne still. Took me almost a month to kill the Blood-Starved Beast (no one told me summoning help makes bosses harder :( ) and, after assuming I just needed to farm for a bit, am now a bit OP for current area. Accidentally one-shotted the entirety of Hemwick and the boss without pausing. Might farm a bit more before trying out Vicar Amelia or the Gaol; get more goodies...maybe upgrade my armour.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Bloodborne still. Took me almost a month to kill the Blood-Starved Beast
Yeah, that thing is ridiculous. Out of all the bosses in that game the BSB is the one I struggle against in every play through. I pretty much have to do what you do and get OP to get a fair chance with that thing.

no one told me summoning help makes bosses harder
It's a double edge sword. Yes, they get harder and you have several more handicaps but the extra help might just be the thing you need. Another boss I just couldn't beat was Ludwig and I had played the whole game without help and had intended to beat it thus, but it got ridiculous how often I was dying there, no matter how much grinding I did, so I bit the bullet and summoned help and, yeah, he was hella hard but thanks to the other guy, who died halfway through the second phase of the fight, I managed to kill that motherf'r.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Yeah, that thing is ridiculous. Out of all the bosses in that game the BSB is the one I struggle against in every play through. I pretty much have to do what you do and get OP to get a fair chance with that thing.

It is! I know a lot of people have talked about Bloodborne not being a farming game, but I've had a lot more luck with farming and over-levelling prior to a boss fight than without it. :S But then maybe the optional bosses are supposed to be skill testers? (Are the chalice dungeons worth trying for any reason other than the platinum?)

It's a double edge sword. Yes, they get harder and you have several more handicaps but the extra help might just be the thing you need. Another boss I just couldn't beat was Ludwig and I had played the whole game without help and had intended to beat it thus, but it got ridiculous how often I was dying there, no matter how much grinding I did, so I bit the bullet and summoned help and, yeah, he was hella hard but thanks to the other guy, who died halfway through the second phase of the fight, I managed to kill that motherf'r.

True; so far I've only tried summons with the npcs the game gives, but an actual person would probably be so much more helpful. I'm both excited for and slightly afraid of the dlc bosses; have heard they're really hard but also the dlc's lore sounds really interesting, so...I might have to splurge and get it (and then try not to curse too much at the tv when I die a lot).

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I am currently playing Granblue Fantasy. BTW, one of (many) playable characters in the game - and also one of stronger ones, in fact he is probably the strongest character I have in my lineup - is Albert, whom I used as a basis for Cu Chulainn in this thread.

Here are wiki pages (he's got three variants in the game):

Top Bottom