• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Knowing capcom, they'd mess it all up with making new Dante act like DMC4 Dante as to say "Look! He's Dante now!" Pretty pathetic way to win fans back while thinking you can keep the new game's fans.

DmC dante has his own "swag" (it took a lot for me t say that). like clark kent from smallville or peter parker from the ultimate spider-man. having capcom try to make a DmC game is like richard donner trying to direct a smallville movie/tv series, or stan lee and steve ditko do an issue of ultimate spider-man. it wouldn't work. they're the same character but at the same time they're completely different in their own respective rights

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Knowing capcom, they'd mess it all up with making new Dante act like DMC4 Dante as to say "Look! He's Dante now!" Pretty pathetic way to win fans back while thinking you can keep the new game's fans.
Like if they do some flashy trailer where Classic Dante and Reboot Dante fighting over the main character seat like Snake and Raiden, but less funny and more of a macho 'I'm the real Dante' attempt to win fans back.

I'd flip my lid.

DmC Dante's already acting like DMC1 Dante by the end. Leave him as he is, just with some more funny one liners and a better get up.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Well, they kinda messed things up with DMC4 too. They introduced the protagonist Nero out of the blue and put Dante in a small role. Meanwhile, Nero's backstory was never explained. So yeah, they'll mess the DMC series up through what you said, DragonMaster,

It's a good thing DmC Dante acted closer to DMC1 Dante more than DMC3 Dante.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Yeah. I can't count how many freakin' times DMC3 Dante said the word "dude". I'll take a "f#ck you" over that any day.

its not even that, its just that DMC3 dante is all brawn and little to no brain. DmC dante is pretty dumb but at least he knows whats right and wrong. DMC3 dante didn't even know that. he tried to disown his family and kill his brother. he didn't even care about the people that vergil killed. at least DmC dante isn't a cold bastard like his counterpart

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
at least DmC dante isn't a cold ******* like his counterpart
clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2242.gif

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
its not even that, its just that DMC3 dante is all brawn and little to no brain. DmC dante is pretty dumb but at least he knows whats right and wrong. DMC3 dante didn't even know that. he tried to disown his family and kill his brother. he didn't even care about the people that vergil killed. at least DmC dante isn't a cold ******* like his counterpart
To be fair DMC3 Dante does straighten out by the end. But the character does get ruled by puns and being immortal by the later titles of the original. If you had stuck DMC1 Dante in DMC3 and DMC4, he would've probably acted differently [although giving DMC3 some leeway since it's a prequel].

Sure DmC Dante needed more funnier jokes, but by the end he's a lot closer to the original Dante than those other incarnations were, with the exception of Dante from at the end of DMC3 coming up close beside it. By DMC4 Dante got too cocky, not in a bad way, he just winded up becoming a different character. I think in fact Nero got closer to being like the original Dante, just a younger, softer 'I need my Kyrie' version.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I think Capcom should work with NT (so they can keep the continuity issue in check)and flesh out a small DOWNLOADABLE DmC game (like a side-scroller), sell it for cheap and see how fans respond to that. They could use it to whet our appetites for DmC2 or give us some closure to the rebooted franchise.

If they do make DmC2, I want better writing and a more expansive cast of characters to interact with.

EvilX-81

its not even that, its just that DMC3 dante is all brawn and little to no brain. DmC dante is pretty dumb but at least he knows whats right and wrong. DMC3 dante didn't even know that. he tried to disown his family and kill his brother. he didn't even care about the people that vergil killed. at least DmC dante isn't a cold ******* like his counterpart

It kinda bugs me some that DmC Dante got so much flak for being an uncaring asshole, when that was the point of his character arc, from unfocused asshole to well-rounded hero.

I can't give DMC3 Dante much flak for his actions either though; I figured he had his own beef with Vergil from sometime back, something we have no idea what it could be about at this moment and could be expanded upon in a sequel. In a way he was in the same place as DmC Dante; both barely give a damn about anything outside of their own prerogatives until someone comes along to give them focus.

I think Capcom should work with NT (so they can keep the continuity issue in check)and flesh out a small DOWNLOADABLE DmC game (like a side-scroller), sell it for cheap and see how fans respond to that. They could use it to whet our appetites for DmC2 or give us some closure to the rebooted franchise.

If they do make DmC2, I want better writing and a more expansive cast of characters to interact with.

Yea, I've been thinking about that too. Though I would probably try to get a DMC5 out there before doing so. So the people old Dante isn't being abandoned, and make that mini-game to show DmC isn't being abandoned either, and could expand on the storyline and world of DmC to set up a potential sequel.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
To be fair DMC3 Dante does straighten out by the end. But the character does get ruled by puns and being immortal by the later titles of the original. If you had stuck DMC1 Dante in DMC3 and DMC4, he would've probably acted differently [although giving DMC3 some leeway since it's a prequel].

Sure DmC Dante needed more funnier jokes, but by the end he's a lot closer to the original Dante than those other incarnations were, with the exception of Dante from at the end of DMC3 coming up close beside it. By DMC4 Dante got too cocky, not in a bad way, he just winded up becoming a different character. I think in fact Nero got closer to being like the original Dante, just a younger, softer 'I need my Kyrie' version.

I just wish that nero was dante in DMC4 and DMC4 was set between DMC3 and DMC1. just look at how nero acted...minus the "KYRIEEEEEEE" part.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just wish that nero was dante in DMC4 and DMC4 was set between DMC3 and DMC1. just look at how nero acted...minus the "KYRIEEEEEEE" part.
You know, I just realized why Sparda is holding the Rebellion in my avi picture. He can't use Angel weapons, so he fused his demonic power with Eva's angelic power to create Rebellion, a faster weapon that he could use.

He probably hid it from Mundus when he was defeated -- that's when he realized that he probably needed all three types of weapons to take him down.

This is all theoretical, of course. I have no idea if there's any merit behind this idea.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
You know, I just realized why Sparda is holding the Rebellion in my avi picture. He can't use Angel weapons, so he fused his demonic power with Eva's angelic power to create Rebellion, a faster weapon that he could use.

He probably hid it from Mundus when he was defeated -- that's when he realized that he probably needed all three types of weapons to take him down.

This is all theoretical, of course. I have no idea if there's any merit behind this idea.

THE NEPHILIM WEAPON!!!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
THE NEPHILIM WEAPON!!!
I just realized, that he did the same thing for Yamato. So, those were Sparda's three weapons: Arbiter, Rebellion, and Yamato.

As for Eva, it probably would have been: Osiris, Rebellion, Yamato.

I like the fact that in this series, the weapons are multipurpose. In the old games you would use them once and use a different once and exchange them for something else.

They could have at least said that Dante would fuse his weapons with another weapon of the same type, therefore making a new weapon like Gilgamesh.

So Nephilim = Race b4 humans? 'Cause in the game, they call that a "human weapon".

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I don't see capcom throwing away a franchise that made 1.3 million sales, cut the budget a bit? Absolutely but they would never pass an easy million sales with a DmC2, specially if they decide to reuse assets.

Final Fantasy XIV is considered the worst title of the franchise, it sold like crap and SE decided to give it a massive overhaul instead of throwing the towel...If DmC2 applies a bit of feedback and better marketing, It can sell 2 million easily.

DMC5 however is a bit risky at this point. The story has absolutely nowhere to go (And no, A sparda prequel would not do) and considering how lukewarm DMC4's initial reception was (It suddenly became super duper awesome when DmC hate bandwagon started) I can see it failing to live up to the hype, specially if they go for a lazy designed game with ZOMG DANTE NERO HAZ FAST COMBOS!! as the only reason to play through excruciatingly painful level design

And yes Im still bitter about the frikkin dice

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP!!!!111ONE111!!!

OG VERGIL AND DANTE R T3H GREATEST. UR JUS JEALUZ CUZ IT HAZ WURST SALES IN SERIEZ.

FANBOY SMASH :mad:
Freakin' fanboys! Now they've made me turn away from the DMC series!! :mad:

Top Bottom