• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

Meg

This was more of a DMC3 vs. DMC4 analysis. Like I said, I was never defending DmC in the first place.
Regardless, please take the discussion there and keep things here on topic. I don't want to see another thread get locked. :(

EDIT: Now wait just a second. :blink: *reads above posts*

Um...now I'm no mod, but I do think you guys should cool off for a bit. I'm not interested in seeing people get banned today.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Regardless, please take the discussion there and keep things here on topic. I don't want to see another thread get locked. :(

EDIT: Now wait just a second. :blink: *reads above posts*

Um...now I'm no mod, but I do think you guys should cool off for a bit. I'm not interested in seeing people get banned today.
I think he went off-topic off the off-topic, though. I think me saying that Nero wasn't innovative as Vergil was struck a nerve with him and he decided to come after me for it.

Meg

I think he went off-topic off the off-topic, though. I think me saying that Nero wasn't innovative as Vergil was struck a nerve with him and he decided to come after me for it.
Regardless!

So DmC2, eh? What are the chances of that happening.

please, guys, take the hint....

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Regardless!

So DmC2, eh? What are the chances of that happening.

please, guys, take the hint....
I'm not in the mood to talk about DMC4 anymore. He'll forever think it's better than 3, and nothing I can say or do will convince him otherwise.

Calm down. I'm going back on topic. In fact, I already had before you-know-who started up on me again.

I don't see DmC 2 happening. Either DmC2 will have DMC3 gameplay, or it won't, which will prove that Capcom had learned nothing. If that doesn't happen, then DMC5 will most likely take its place.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Please. You're the one who got temp-banned first. And next to no one has a high opinion of you here. Trust me, you're a bottom-feeder compared to most members on this forum. You're neither mature nor poignant in your posts. Here's a tip: Ease up on the run-on sentences. If you're going to troll, do it right.

If I get banned for this, let it be known that I wouldn't have changed a thing. You started this argument, and I was merely acting in defense.

And you're still a liar for not being able to prove your claim.

Yes cause you know everything and how everyone feels cause your so special.

I joke around you throw in memes for the sake of using them when it hurts your case than helps it.

We were having a simple discussion until you threw in that image that contributes nothing to your case. Then proceed to calls other liars without using any form proof to prove this claim.

Calling someone a liar without evidence is as bad as lying.

My claim was still the same claim you made about DMC4 until you backtracked on that statement and proceed to call me a liar for something you said. You don't see me say "Prove to me that the director did say all these things otherwise your a liar."

Name calling. I'm sure you can do better than that.

Dante47

I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating.
DmC2 could be Ninja Theory's chance to show that they can learn from their previous mistakes and make a truly engrossing Devil May Cry title that balances it's crazy and stylish action (yet well designed and balanced) with subtle story telling elements. If Ninja Theory fails in this objective, I'm perfectly capable of accepting the end of DmC and the return of the old Devil May Cry.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm not in the mood to talk about DMC4 anymore. He'll forever think it's better than 3, and nothing I can say or do will convince him otherwise.

Calm down. I'm going back on topic. In fact, I already had before you-know-who started up on me again.

I don't see DmC 2 happening. Either DmC2 will have DMC3 gameplay, or it won't, which will prove that Capcom had learned nothing. If that doesn't happen, then DMC5 will most likely take its place.

May you please state where I said "DMC4 is better than DMC3"?

If DmC2 doesn't have DMC3's combat system isn't that NT's fault?

Meg

You have a point there. I think making DMC5 first would make a lot more sense. Considering all the bad feelings surrounding DmC, if Capcom were to announced DmC2 as the next Devil May Cry game, people might riot. But hey, DmC2 could still happen. By the time DMC5 comes out, most people would have moved on from and forgotten about all the DmC nonsense. People would just be interested in a new DMC game. And maybe a couple years after that, DmC2 would come out. That would give Ninja Theory plenty of time to work on it. Hopefully everyone learned their lesson and can just put out a new game without much drama.

Rambling aside, I figure DMC5 will come out in 2015 and DmC2 at least a year after that.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
May you please state where I said "DMC4 is better than DMC3"?
I could say that you implied it when you said that Vergil wasn't as innovative as Nero, but then you'd ask for more proof, and then it would be an off-topic discussion all over again. Back on to the main topic.

If DmC2 doesn't have DMC3's combat system isn't that NT's fault?
Fine. Then it's NT's fault. I never said it wasn't. NT would have learned nothing then if they want to keep the current combat engine.

Dante47

You have a point there. I think making DMC5 first would make a lot more sense. Considering all the bad feelings surrounding DmC, if Capcom were to announced DmC2 as the next Devil May Cry game, people might riot. But hey, DmC2 could still happen. By the time DMC5 comes out, most people would have moved on from and forgotten about all the DmC nonsense. People would just be interested in a new DMC game. And maybe a couple years after that, DmC2 would come out. That would give Ninja Theory plenty of time to work on it. Hopefully everyone learned their lesson and can just put out a new game without much drama.

Rambling aside, I figure DMC5 will come out in 2015 and DmC2 at least a year after that.

That would be absolutely fantastic. A win-win for both fan bases, and a double win for a neutral fan like me. :D

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I could say that you implied it when you said that Vergil wasn't as innovative as Nero, but then you'd ask for more proof, and then it would be an off-topic discussion all over again. Back on to the main topic.

Fine. Then it's NT's fault. I never said it wasn't. NT would have learned nothing then if they want to keep the current combat engine.

Just because I think Nero's combat is very creative and more new than a character that was shoehorned in there in a "special edition" of a version just because of fan demand.

Thought was put into Nero's combat while Vergil was thrown in a "second version" of the same game reusing the same moves and animations he had when he was boss character.

I still like DMC3 more although I enjoy DMC4's combat more but DMC4 does lacks some of the epic stuff of DMC3.

However, your wrong about the whole DMC3 vs DMC4 topic. DMC3 and DMC4 still uses the same type of combat as DMC4 and vice versa the only difference is that in DMC4 is that you can switch styles and switch between 6 weapons instead of 4. The problem with DMC4 on a combat/gameplay level is that it lacks certain moves that made DMC3 despite being able to style switch extremely fun like the enemy surfing, wall running, Wild Stomp, and the charge shots (look better) and the weapons for the most part were just boss. I mean Dante's basic kits in DMC4 (Rebellion, E&I, and the Shot Guns) were better there than in DMC3 but Gilgamesh though nice and I love Kick 13...abuse the sh*t out of that move isn't as awesome as Beowulf's Swordmaster moves. Agni & Rudra, Nevan, and Cerberus were both extremely beastly in moves and usage and even the guns in DMC3 were amazing particular Artemis (once you learned how to use it). Spiral and Kalina Ann had that one move that I loved having Gunslinger equipped to use.

DMC4's combat is no doubt more deep and from a technical standpoint a better version of DMC3's combat but DMC3's combat is more fun and satisfying for all the little things count.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Why yes I read Unknown's message that was what the promises Tameem made comment came from.

Pandora is a gun based weapons and there was no way to incorporate 666 different moves into one weapon and I was fine by it for it has the largest moveset of any gun weapon in DMC....by itself it as much as moves of all the guns in DmC combined.

Plenty of people do play with Nero as he is in fact easier to master than Dante and less overwhelming to use. I never said Nero was goddamn amazing or better than Dante. Just something extremely new, fresh, and different to the series and has potential to be something great down the line.

I heard of Nero originally having a demonic form but how is that example of the devs being lazy. They just chose a different design then by all means NT is lazy for not using an angelic form (angel trigger) I saw in some concept art for DmC. It is just concept art, a byproduct of being in the planning phase. They chose the spectral form over the physical form because they decided on it....same way NT/Capcom decided on Dante's final design.

They did that to Trickster's Dash and Sky Dash to encourage more usage of DT in combat and not only that but improved upon other aspects of DT such when in DT basic gun attacks are automatically fully charged. Well they did add Flipper and Mustang. Flipper is good for when you get down you can recover much quicker whereas in other DMC/DmC games if you get down it takes a while to get back up. Mustang.............still trying to find a use for it.

I never said Darkslayer style in DMC4 was innovative nor did I say DMC4 was innovative (I did say DMC3 was innovative) I said it was different from Vergil's because...

There is a difference in wanting something and actually promising it. He never guaranteed that DMC4 will have more weapons than DMC3 just stated what he wanted early in development. I mean its not like when I asked Tameem on twitter if there will be a lot of boss fights and he said they were will be a lot (I guess 6 means a lot in Britain).

I don't get the software thing....regardless DmC has more bugs and glitches in the game than DMC4 which barely has any. You may be right about the software thing but when enemies get stuck or their AI freezes up its the developers fault for not properly looking for bugs and when other games has barely any bugs it means the devs did their jobs on trying to iron out the bugs and thus means the other devs have no excuse........lazy.

They put up a fight but they're still easy due to how small their moveset and simple their attack patterns are....however in structured groups is where they at least put a decent challenge for fairly skilled players.

As for Eryx you left out Snake Eyes and Showdown which are basically Straight from Gilgamesh and The Hammer from Beowulf.

I'm confused on the Vergil part. Granted Dante does wield Yamato like Vergil but he isn't as skilled at it as Vergil or skilled with it like Vergil. He harness its dimensional slashing abilities but its not going to be like Vergil's. Same way how if Vergil used Rebellion its not going to be 100% like Dante....he in fact used Rebellion in one cutscene against Arkham and with Force Edge uses some of Dante's moves such as Stinger, Helm Breaker, and High Time as well as Round Trip.

As for DmC's sequel. Tameem promised me and others...he made a promise or guarantee in an interview none the less that Dante would be able to use all of his old moves (in DmC...not in later sequels but in the game while it was being made) and that promise was unfulfilled. Therefor I am ****ed. Plus how is that any good a sequel where Dante has all of his moves from the past games? That will be like waiting for DMC3/4 again. Rather than a new DMC game.

Ohhh please thank you for the advice and now can you take your own advice as well?

Funny what country do you live in for its basically the same over here but in PM and not AM?
OK, I'm awake. I don't come here so often for I have work.
I live in the Philippines, SN. Don't worry; I'll take my own advice, for I am here to discuss the pros and cons of both DMC and DmC with a level head like with the likes of LysseC.
Mustang is actually basically Wall Hike onto an enemy. You're using the enemy as a surface. LOL

Back on topic:
Dante47, I agree with you. It will be a win-win for BOTH divisions of the fanbase, and it's a double-win for us neutrals! Yeah; I'm a neutral.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
the red queen sucked. It took too long to charge up and you could only store up to three hits at once

Well obviously someone never utilized the Ex/Max Act which allowed Nero to gain fuel stocks during attack frames its a much more quicker and better way but requires great timing but after you learn when to do it and get used to it becomes quite easy to pull off.

Nelo The Great

Well obviously someone never utilized the Ex/Max Act which allowed Nero to gain fuel stocks during attack frames its a much more quicker and better way but requires great timing but after you learn when to do it and get used to it becomes quite easy to pull off.

I have gotten pretty good at max act, but it's hard to pull it off when you're in the middle of a combo. i think that if you time it right on the first hit of the combo, you're entire combo should be max act.

Top Bottom