• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So, you criticizing others' opinions is "being part of a forum", but when others do it? It's breaking the rules?

I did not criticize your opinion, I answered your question you asked earlier on why people are complaining that DmC has inspiration from Bleach.

And regarding you putting words into my mouth,

Now, I obviously did not say anything like that.

I did not say or imply that you where breaking the rules.

Only pointed out how one should convey there opinions that is all.

I wasn't accusing you of anything.

This will go nowhere, this time I will just end it here.

Sorry it has to come to this whenever i quote you, I'm trying my best to convey my opinion respectfully but that will never be enough for you it seems.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There is a difference between inspiration and rip off.
I think Hollow Vergil is a rip off.
Edited your post so as to get to the real message behind your reasoning.
There's also such a thing as an "homage", but that's arguing semantics.

The point is, you want to use anything you can to badmouth this game.

Sunaka Marién

Agreed, though it can still be considered the same with Jester's character and Arkham's name. Jester acts a lot like The Joker, from having the same menacing voice to the pale skin, pointed nose and large grin. The only difference is that Jester actually looks like a joker that you would find in a deck of cards :3

I wish they'd made Hollow Vergil, Dante and Kat more bloody looking in the eyes though, that probably would've helped making it look less obvious where they got inspiration from.
Yep :3 I think I even read somewhere that they were originally going to call Jester Joker, and that Joker was indeed the inspiration for him. I don't remember where I've got that from, though :ermm: Might have just been Wikepedia or something, so take it with a grain of salt.
And I agree, even though I find Hollow Vergil to be very beautiful looking all white and stuff, they really could have tryed harder :/

Sunaka Marién

NT was the one who made it clear on what they thought of the previous series, and that was that it was to "japanessy" (their words not mine).
Umm, wasn't the only time they were useing the word "Japanesy" when they talked about Bayonetta? I don't think that they ever said that about DMC. And you make it sound as if they had said that japanesy is a bad thing, which they didn't, they only thing they said is that that's not what they're aiming for with DmC - which makes sense, since Capcom told them to "westernize" it.
But, like I said before, DMC5 is coming back, so whether you're "constructively criticizing" or not, makes almost no difference seeing as how DmC will most likely never make a return.
Wait, what? Is it completely official now? Did I miss out on something??

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
About the NT thing saying we're not going to be "Japanese-y"...

In the end, it's the final product that counts. It's both "Japanese-y" and "Western-y" so, that sums it all up, when you get right down to it.

The next final product, whether it be DMC5 or DmC2, will have better gameplay and even a better story than the first one.

What people say before the game is released has no bearing on the actual development of it.

Edit:

Umm, wasn't the only time they were useing the word "Japanesy" when they talked about Bayonetta? I don't think that they ever said that about DMC. And you make it sound as if they had said that japanesy is a bad thing, which they didn't, they only thing they said is that that's not what they're aiming for with DmC - which makes sense, since Capcom told them to "westernize" it.

You're right. Read my post above for further thoughts on the matter.

Wait, what? Is it completely official now? Did I miss out on something??

Not at all. It's just that, at this point, DMC5 is almost confirmed due to DmC's bad sales.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I dont think HollowVergil IF ITS taken from Bleach is a inspiration but a rip off.

Then fine, then Jester's a rip off of The Joker and Dante's a rip off of Leon s Kennedy ;_; dammit Leon what happened to you, you were so cool in RE4 and then turned into a dead fish in RE6.

Regardless I do agree they should've done something so it wasn't so easy to tell where inspiration came from. But it's so hard being original nowadays when there's so much out there, ideas will collide no matter how hard we try to write them differently @_@

Actualy this happened with Rayne from BloodRayne, with her character having similarities to Durham Red. It's on the wikipedia page:

Raaaaain_zps0cecdab1.jpg

Certain critics have said that Rayne, from the videogame series BloodRayne shows a strong similarity to Durham Red, having the same weapons and distinctive red hair. The claim has been denied by the TRI representatives.[1] In a posting on the BloodRayne.co.uk forums Joe Wampole, a developer for BloodRayne had this to say,
"Durham Red looks like a cool character but we've never heard of her. It is coincidence that her and BloodRayne look so similar. The symbol on the hair is similar but looks more like a target, while Rayne's looks a little like Prince's symbol. Also, it looks like Durham is set in some alternate super sci-fi future. I think it is just natural to put a vamp chick in black leather and either color her hair black or red."[2]
And then there's also Johnny 5 and Wall-e who look very alike, even close to personalities and there have even been discussions about if Pixar got ideas for Wall-e from that, which they've denied at one point I think.

wall-e-short-circuit2.jpg

But if you ask me, I love them both ^_______^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And you make it sound as if they had said that japanesy is a bad thing,

Sorry that I gave you that impression, but I really did not mean to make it sounds like that.

I only pointed out what they said, they never said it was a bad thing, just gave the impression that they where going for a "different route" or a more "western approach" which is what I pointed out in my post

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Regardless I do agree they should've done something so it wasn't so easy to tell where inspiration came from. But it's so hard being original nowadays when there's so much out there, ideas will collide no matter how hard we try to write them differently
This is what I wanted to say but didn't know how to word it. Thank you x3

It's hard being original, people use ideas from others constantly. Its the norm and its been going on for ages. Its just doesn't look good when you make it soooo obvious (in this case Hollow Vergil) because then you come across as a "rip off" even though your doing something that's been going on for years.

IncarnatedDemon

Rip offs happen on a big scale LittleCorn, i never have said otherwise.

What i am doing right now is discussing what i have said i am trying to discuss: HollowVergil-HolowIchigo rip off

And this discussion is not about
other rip offs
DMC rip offs
BloodRayne rip offs

But it happens alot, i am well aware of it.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
This is what I wanted to say but didn't know how to word it. Thank you x3

It's hard being original, people use ideas from others constantly. Its the norm and its been going on for ages. Its just doesn't look good when you make it soooo obvious (in this case Hollow Vergil) because then you come across as a "rip off" even though your doing something that's been going on for years.
Agree :3 speaking of which, the hair of the guy in your sig making me think of this fellow:

18844757.jpeg

soul_calibur_v___xiba_wallpaper_by_twilightroxas013-d4pcilm.jpg

They could be brothers :lol:

Sunaka Marién

That's pretty much my constand fear when I design a character. What if it's been done bofore? What if people think it's a rip-off??! :p
Rip offs happen on a big scale LittleCorn, i never have said otherwise.

What i am doing right now is discussing what i have said i am trying to discuss: HollowVergil-HolowIchigo rip off

And this discussion is not about
other rip offs
DMC rip offs
BloodRayne rip offs

But it happens alot, i am well aware of it.
But not everyone might be aware of it. And you said before that Hollow Vergil does not necessarily have to be a Bleach rip-off, so looking at examples of other might-or-might-not-be rip-offs kinda illustrates that point, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom