• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
MGR is not a "new IP." It still has that Metal Gear in its name. I expect a Metal Gear experience regardless of the change in genre.

Even though I still HATE Raiden with a freaking passion Rising was still a decent game overall. As a Metal Gear game is sure shames its lineage. It's very obvious Kojima wasn't a part of the project. I really wish it could have been Kojima's original idea for the game. He wanted to do the Gray Fox game. Goddammit Konami.

And don't you ever use MetaCritic to try and prove a point. That doesn't mean sh!t.

MGR is not a "new IP." It still has that Metal Gear in its name. I expect a Metal Gear experience regardless of the change in genre.

So the problem is with you, not with the game. It's like looking for a bird underwater or looking to laugh watching a serious horror movie. You don't play racing games to have characters fighting and throwing fireballs on stages, the same way you don't play hack'n'slash games to have cinematic experience, it's just asking for something to be different from what the core of that things demands it to be.

You're entitled to hate Raiden, i've learned to like him in MGS4, although i hated having to play with him instead of Solid in MGS2. I think that Kojima will try to watch the next MGR development and use his ideas there too, but i think that for the time he's too busy making MGSV. He liked how peopla appreciated the game and if he gets closer to the next project i think you can have at least a little of the "MGS experience", but if you want a full MGS experience, you still have to play MGS and not MGR.

Metacritic shows users opinions, doesn't matter if it's biased or not. You said that most people hated MGR and the scores and reviews on Metacritic doesn't make up as an evidence to what you've stated, it shows us the opposite to be honest. I'm not saying the game is really good because it has nearly an 8 on Metacritic (although, i think that MGR deserves 8 as a score), i think that MGR is a good game with much potential, it's still too raw but can become a major hack'n'slash franchise just like DMC was. I see MGR as i see the first DMC game, who made the foundations to the awesomeness created after it.

IncarnatedDemon

stealth? :troll:
I asked chancey as my debate was with him, but ty for answering.

If metal gear is about stealh,
Isnt point of the word spinoff to do something thats not related to main serie.

I wudnt say mgr is a solid game, but id argue it is metal gear.

raiden, cyborg, sword slashing, geckos, metal gear ray boss

But if wer going to base what metal gear is based only on stealth gameplay only, wouldnt that make Deux ex "metal gear"?

Kojima is positive to mgr and he created the franchise. So if my opinion has no value then perhaps Kojimas do.
Hes eager to create mgr 2.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

You expect a lot from a game that might as easily have not been made. I find that a bit odd, especially with the wealth of MGS games on the way. And of course the fact that it's basically a spin-off since it's set in the year 2018, when no link to the past can be made.

Even though I still HATE Raiden with a freaking passion Rising was still a decent game overall. As a Metal Gear game is sure shames its lineage. It's very obvious Kojima wasn't a part of the project. I really wish it could have been Kojima's original idea for the game. He wanted to do the Gray Fox game. Goddammit Konami.

Yeah, I can understand why you're upset about that. I thought it would've been nice to see Gray Fox in it, but then, when I watch MGS1 cutscenes, he really seems more fit to be an antagonist/antihero. Aside from that, MGR might not have been made if Platinum decided not to cooperate, so I see it more as a bonus.

Ters

wasn't the whole point of the last leg of MGS2 that Raiden was an awful spy but a good killer and he only started being successful once he stopped trying to emulate Snake, picked up a sword and went to town

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I asked chancey as my debate was with him, but ty for answering.

If metal gear is about stealh,
Isnt point of the word spinoff to do something thats not related to main serie.

I wudnt say mgr is a solid game, but id argue it is metal gear.

raiden, cyborg, sword slashing, geckos, metal gear ray boss

But if wer going to base what metal gear is based only on stealth gameplay only, wouldnt that make Deux ex "metal gear"?

Kojima is positive to mgr and he created the franchise. So if my opinion has no value then perhaps Kojimas do.
Hes eager to create mgr 2.
stealth doesn't really fit Raiden anyway

IncarnatedDemon

Basically: mgr is not metal gear becuz crybaby raiden is in it instead of gray fox.
Thats what seems to be chancey argument primary issue with mgr besides the story.

I consider mgr story to not be that good, and i understand mgs fans complaint about that.
But 1) its a spinoff
2) there are some really awesome dialogues in mgr

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So the problem is with you, not with the game. It's like looking for a bird underwater or looking to laugh watching a serious horror movie. You don't play racing games to have characters fighting and throwing fireballs on stages, the same way you don't play hack'n'slash games to have cinematic experience, it's just asking for something to be different from what the core of that things demands it to be.

You're entitled to hate Raiden, i've learned to like him in MGS4, although i hated having to play with him instead of Solid in MGS2. I think that Kojima will try to watch the next MGR development and use his ideas there too, but i think that for the time he's too busy making MGSV. He liked how peopla appreciated the game and if he gets closer to the next project i think you can have at least a little of the "MGS experience", but if you want a full MGS experience, you still have to play MGS and not MGR.

Metacritic shows users opinions, doesn't matter if it's biased or not. You said that most people hated MGR and the scores and reviews on Metacritic doesn't make up as an evidence to what you've stated, it shows us the opposite to be honest. I'm not saying the game is really good because it has nearly an 8 on Metacritic (although, i think that MGR deserves 8 as a score), i think that MGR is a good game with much potential, it's still too raw but can become a major hack'n'slash franchise just like DMC was. I see MGR as i see the first DMC game, who made the foundations to the awesomeness created after it.
I HATE METACRITIC AND WHAT IT REPRESENTS.

I could go on to why I hate it but this Adam hits the nail on the head and this is pretty much exactly how I feel.

And NO. I'm not going to freaking listen to any user reviews. DmC got 1s and 3s out of ten from people who never even played it and just skimming the user reviews of MGR, DmC is even mentioned multiple times so do you seriously think that a fair unbiased analysis of the game is getting presented here?

And since when did we need other people's opinions to justify our own? You really need a simple yay or nay from a bunch of random people with their own personal opinions on a product for you to move forward with your own opinion thinking it somehow gives it more worth or something?

Why don't you roll over so people can step on the other side of your face.

ChaserTech

And NO. I'm not going to freaking listen to any user reviews. DmC got 1s and 3s out of ten from people who never even played it and just skimming the user reviews of MGR, DmC is even mentioned multiple times so do you seriously think that a fair unbiased analysis of the game is getting presented here?

DmC got 1s and 3s just because people were trolling different sites and abusing the user voting system. If they are giving DmC anything lower than a 5, then I'm pretty sure they are trolling/never played the game before.

And since when did we need other people's opinions to justify our own? You really need a simple yay or nay from a bunch of random people with their own personal opinions on a product for you to move forward with your own opinion thinking it somehow gives it more worth or something?

It's true that people shouldn't judge a game solely based on the opinions from others who have "played" it.They should play it for themselves in order to get a greater understanding of what's to come. However it's wise to heed the opinions from others in order to get a foundation of what the game will be as you play it. Then when you know what to look for, you can judge the game based on what you've experienced and what you have heard. And then, if you do agree with the majority (if your experience was the same as theirs while being reasonable) then your opinion is a bit more justified since the majority agrees with you.

You don't necessarily need opinions to justify yours. However it helps to have other people share the same opinion with you.

"Why don't you roll over so people can step on the other side of your face."

That's kinda uncalled for.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I HATE METACRITIC AND WHAT IT REPRESENTS.

I could go on to why I hate it but this Adam hits the nail on the head and this is pretty much exactly how I feel.

Why don't you roll over so people can step on the other side of your face.

The whole point of linking my post with Metacritics was to show some evidence that people don't disliked MGR as you claimed in early posts. If you took your time and read my last post i said what i think about all the DmC mess in Metacritics, i don't find it fair to review it as a 1 or 4 too, it's not such a crappy game, it's even a good game.

I dont't give a flying **** about your feelings towards Metacritics. Reality is that it represents what consumers are saying, biased or not, and contradicts directly what you said about people don't liking MGR because it's "not a MGS game to the fullest extent". You own analysis of MGR is biased and make a connection with a game from a total different genre, but in the same world, the purpose of the game is defined by his genre and mechanics, not by the world were it's setted. The world not circle around your own ego and criterias, they must be defined considering the reality of things too or it is pointless as the biased reviews for DmC on Metacritics.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC got 1s and 3s just because people were trolling different sites and abusing the user voting system. If they are giving DmC anything lower than a 5, then I'm pretty sure they are trolling/never played the game before.

It's true that people shouldn't judge a game solely based on the opinions from others who have "played" it.They should play it for themselves in order to get a greater understanding of what's to come. However it's wise to heed the opinions from others in order to get a foundation of what the game will be as you play it. Then when you know what to look for, you can judge the game based on what you've experienced and what you have heard. And then, if you do agree with the majority (if your experience was the same as theirs while being reasonable) then your opinion is a bit more justified since the majority agrees with you.

You don't necessarily need opinions to justify yours. However it helps to have other people share the same opinion with you.

That's kinda uncalled for.
No it's not uncalled for. Using something like Metacritic to try and "prove" your opinion is somehow more valid is basically saying you can't think for yourself and will side just with the vocal minority.

You know how many people give me crap for saying Aquaman is cool? I still stand by that. Aquaman is a badass put in the right light and just because the minority wants to make him the patsy of the DC Universe and running joke for no real reason, does that change the fact I still have an Aquaman shirt I'll wear with pride because I'm a fan of the character? Nope.

DmC was still fun to play. We play video games for fun. Even if everyone in the whole world hated DmC I'd still say it was worth playing and I don't regret it. I was even able to put my very deep hatred for Raiden to find some fun to be had in MGR. MGR isn't worth $60 though. Especially since I've had to become very stingy when buying games. When you have a part time job that isn't the best while still preserving money on the side for whatever you may need for class and yourself, it's depressing how little you can actually spend on video games.

I lucked out and got Injustice as an early birthday gift since my birthday is Sunday. I wasn't able to afford it any other way. And the only game I plan on buying in the future will be GTA 5 because I trust Rockstar will deliver a full fun experience. And I'm a fan of the GTA franchise.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The whole point of linking my post with Metacritics was to show some evidence that people don't disliked MGR as you claimed in early posts. If you took your time and read my last post i said what i think about all the DmC mess in Metacritics, i don't find it fair to review it as a 1 or 4 too, it's not such a crappy game, it's even a good game.

I dont't give a flying **** about your feelings towards Metacritics. Reality is that it represents what consumers are saying, biased or not, and contradicts directly what you said about people don't liking MGR because it's "not a MGS game to the fullest extent". You own analysis of MGR is biased and make a connection with a game from a total different genre, but in the same world, the purpose of the game is defined by his genre and mechanics, not by the world were it's setted. The world not circle around your own ego and criterias, they must be defined considering the reality of things too or it is pointless as the biased reviews for DmC on Metacritics.
You are taking everything I say too f*cking literally. I know damn well not ALL Metal Gear fans were against it. I just seem to notice a lot of MGS fans hardly caring about MGR.

IncarnatedDemon

Vines opinion is more correct than yours.

He linked to evidence

All u did was say that alot mg fans hate mgr without any evidence.

Guess whos opinion ill believe? Not urs.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
You are taking everything I say too f*cking literally. I know damn well not ALL Metal Gear fans were against it. I just seem to notice a lot of MGS fans hardly caring about MGR.

You should have said right from the start, man. There's seriously no need to be upset about this, mainly if it was a misunderstanding. My apologies if i offended you, but it was just a matter of correcting what you said and the feedback i'm seeing from MGR, even Kojima was happy with the sellings and the work Platinum have done with the game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Vines opinion is more correct than yours.

He linked to evidence

All u did was say that alot mg fans hate mgr without any evidence.

Guess whos opinion ill believe? Not urs.
*facepalm*

You people just take everything so literally. And Metacritic user reviews are not relevant to prove that point when I see multiple people giving the game a 10 and specifically pointing out DmC.

And you're the last person who anyone actually wants to hear input from no offense. You start threads trying to antagonize DmC even if it's using the stupidest things ever. For example, "Why doesn't Eva have any wings? She has it in this painting! It's a plot hole! DmC screwed up!"

Because artist recreation just flew over your head.

Not to mention that thread about Bayonetta 2 where you just completely ignored what Loopy and I were trying to tell you because you had so much hope in this pipe dream of yours.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You should have said right from the start, man. There's seriously no need to be upset about this, mainly if it was a misunderstanding. My apologies if i offended you, but it was just a matter of correcting what you said and the feedback i'm seeing from MGR, even Kojima was happy with the sellings and the work Platinum have done with the game.
Maybe I misread your post too. Sorry about that.

I'm just getting over being sick for the past couple of days and I've hardly gotten any rest trying to balance missed school and job work. I'm out of it lol.

ChaserTech

No it's not uncalled for. Using something like Metacritic to try and "prove" your opinion is somehow more valid is basically saying you can't think for yourself and will side just with the vocal minority.

So if someone links an invalid source of evidence, they deserve to be called names/suggest something bad happens to them instead of politely saying "That's not a valid source so I'm not sure if that helps what you're saying."?

Are you seriously implying this?

You know how many people give me crap for saying Aquaman is cool? I still stand by that. Aquaman is a badass put in the right light and just because the minority wants to make him the patsy of the DC Universe and running joke for no real reason, does that change the fact I still have an Aquaman shirt I'll wear with pride because I'm a fan of the character? Nope.

Most people make fun of Aquaman just because it's widely believed that his powers are only limited to his connection with the sea. (Since he's mainly depicted as a man in green tights only able to communicate with marine life). Not only this, but the media ALWAYS downgrades his potential as an actual hero within the DC universe. And it makes him look week because of this. Which is why he gets picked on frequently.

DmC was still fun to play. We play video games for fun. Even if everyone in the whole world hated DmC I'd still say it was worth playing and I don't regret it. I was even able to put my very deep hatred for Raiden to find some fun to be had in MGR. MGR isn't worth $60 though. Especially since I've had to become very stingy when buying games. When you have a part time job that isn't the best while still preserving money on the side for whatever you may need for class and yourself, it's depressing how little you can actually spend on video games.

Even so, you still seem biased towards MGR based on what I'm hearing from other users.

IncarnatedDemon

I made a post in DmC theories thread before i made threas about it. Noone replied.

As for discussion with Loopy she said if Nintendo didnt fund Bayo2 it would never happen in near or distant future, my point was that wasnt fact because any publisher could within course of 3 years or after fund Bayo2. that all nintendo did was save bayonetta2 from a delayed sequal.
But loopy continued saying Bayo2 wud not exist without nintendo as if she knew the future. And her argument wazs that publishers did not have interwst in Bayo2.

which wasnt true becuz we dont kno if PG went to other publishers other than Sega.
she further argumented for Sega wouldnt publish Bayogames once they said no to Bayo2.
and used Bayo sales as proof of publishers not having interest in funding Bayo.

We dont know future
we dont know if PG went to major publishers so how can u conclude Sony and Micro had no interest in Bayo2 when we dont know if PG went to them

We know Sega has interest in Bayo: has not sold rights to the serie ONLY rights to Bayo2 to nintendo. PLUS Sega is acting as advisors for Bayo2, what that means i dont know.
Sega has interest in Bayo serie. So how can anyone conclude Nintendo saved Bayo serie or Bayo2 from ever happening when Sega hasnt sold game rights and shown interest in Bayo2?

Just becuz Loopy did not understand me and spoke as if her words were fact doesnt mean my point was invalid.
and during discussion i waznt one going around with the words "desperate" and "argument", it was her.

Its weird though i became the scapegoat in that argument.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So if someone links an invalid source of evidence, they deserve to be called names/suggest something bad happens to them instead of politely saying "That's not a valid source so I'm not sure if that helps what you're saying."?

Are you seriously implying this?

Most people make fun of Aquaman just because it's widely believed that his powers are only limited to his connection with the sea. (Since he's mainly depicted as a man in green tights only able to communicate with marine life). Not only this, but the media ALWAYS downgrades his potential as an actual hero within the DC universe. And it makes him look week because of this. Which is why he gets picked on frequently.

Even so, you still seem biased towards MGR based on what I'm hearing from other users.
I still think MGR is a decent despite all my negative feelings towards it. Not worth full price that's for sure.

As for Aquaman the only thing that generally depicts him in a very wrong light (not being a joke) is the Superfriends cartoon.

Aquaman weak? PFFT
2661633-aquavsuper1.jpg

He's the King Of Atlantis, has the power of the ocean, super strength, bulletproof, and even a healing factor. People who say Aquaman sucks have no clue why they even think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom