• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The game is severely underrated though by the fanatical stubborn side.

Well yeah, of course, but there are other factors involved;

-Capcom splitting the fanbase
-NT's words being hated
-Tameen's opinion on old Dante not being cool
-Video gamers tend to stay out of large controversies

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well yeah, of course, but there are other factors involved;

-Capcom splitting the fanbase
-NT's words being hated
-Tameen's opinion on old Dante not being cool
-Video gamers tend to stay out of large controversies
In other words, a bunch of trivial sh!t they overreacted to to very ridiculous extents. And I really do think since a large majority of the DMC fanbase are also anime fans, it really is a bunch of betrayed weeaboos who are the types who act like everything from the east is superior. They're all like west=fail and east=wins. The ones who don't even acknowledge that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. You get the point. Good luck trying to tell those narrow minded idiots anything. They condemned this game as soon as Dante's new hair was revealed.

No one try to say it isn't about the hair because that's bs. For a lot of ridiculous fans that haircolor really was a breaking point for them. I would put money on the claim that if Dante had the same hair back in that 2010 trailer people would NOT have freaked out like they did.

DragonMaster2010

In other words, a bunch of trivial sh!t they overreacted to to very ridiculous extents. And I really do think since a large majority of the DMC fanbase are also anime fans, it really is a bunch of betrayed weeaboos who are the types who act like everything from the east is superior. They're all like west=fail and east=wins. The ones who don't even acknowledge that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. You get the point. Good luck trying to tell those narrow minded idiots anything. They condemned this game as soon as Dante's new hair was revealed.

Yeah. That's another problem. the anime fans who latched on to DMC since DMC1 really take the series seriously. I mean look at Naruto's anime. If they changed Naruto's hair brown, or Sakura's hair orange, a giant cluster f*ck of a sh*tstorm would insue. But I do agree with you, some of the fans have been acting in the worst way possible (signing a petition to the president to ban DmC is taking it too far). But it's more so both sides that have been overracting. I mean supporters who just got in to DmC and don't know about DMC, want to come up and talk sh*t that they don't even know. Then there's the people who use to like DMC, but after DmC, they think the old one sucks and the new one is superior in every way.

I know it's an opinion but...don't get into a fight with people.

No one try to say it isn't about the hair because that's bs. For a lot of ridiculous fans that haircolor really was a breaking point for them. I would put money on the claim that if Dante had the same hair back in that 2010 trailer people would NOT have freaked out like they did.

Well there's not much difference from 2010 to now, so it will die down. But yeah, the hair was the very first thing that people were ****ed off about. But after seeing the actual DT, that shut them up quick. But even so, that's not even a big factor anymore.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well there's not much difference from 2010 to now, so it will die down. But yeah, the hair was the very first thing that people were ****ed off about. But after seeing the actual DT, that shut them up quick. But even so, that's not even a big factor anymore.
Even then with the DT, there were some who said NT made it red coat and white hair as damage control to please 'true' fans....whatever true fans are:/
They just can't win whatever they do. Someone always complains.

DragonMaster2010

Even then with the DT, there were some who said NT made it red coat and white hair as damage control to please 'true' fans....whatever true fans are:/
They just can't win whatever they do. Someone always complains.

I call bullshit.

There's no such thing true fans. Everyone is in the same boat. But that's what I believed at first.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Man, I still love the original more than any of them and I'm really surprised how little that one is even discussed or praised. It's always about the sequels. I think a large majority of fans came in at DMC 3.

Honestly, I've gotten use to Dante changing. The dude has changed with every game making the reboot no different to this trend. And with every sequel the games just still abandoned the original along the way. I still accept DmC for what it is because I know the intention behind it but, it's still another drop in that bucket. The original is basically lost forever. It has been since DMC 3.

DragonMaster2010

Man, I still love the original more than any of them and I'm really surprised how little that one is even discussed or praised. It's always about the sequels. I think a large majority of fans came in at DMC 3.

Honestly, I've gotten use to Dante changing. The dude has changed with every game making the reboot no different to this trend. And with every sequel the games just still abandoned the original along the way. I still accept DmC for what it is because I know the intention behind it but, it's still another drop in that bucket. The original is basically lost forever. It has been since DMC 3.

Yeah, but DmC took it to teir "You don't f*ckin' go here" level.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I call bullshit.
I wish it was bullshit, but people were actually typing that kind of rubbish in comment boxes.
There's no such thing true fans. Everyone is in the same boat. But that's what I believed at first.
There are still a vocal minority going on about 'true fans'. It's just plain silly. A fan is a fan.

Man, I still love the original more than any of them and I'm really surprised how little that one is even discussed or praised. It's always about the sequels. I think a large majority of fans came in at DMC 3.I've been playing since one, but there's something about the story in 3 that I like over 1. But I like 1 because of the way the combat was and the level design.

True every DMC game has been changed and modified with different Dantes and styles, but with DmC there was quite a lot of change in comparison to the changes between DMC1 to 4.
But you're right that none of the other games are close to being what DMC1 was.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And even when you get right down to it, DmC isn't that jarring of a change at the end of the day.

subjective obviously.

For some it was, and for others it was not.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to how you view things, say you get a haircut and someone says "wow, you look totally different now!" while someone else just says "hey, get your hair trimmed recently?"

For one person it was a entirely new change of look while to someone else it was just simply a....haircut.

Domenic93

WHOW the W word is very hateful and ignorant, and is a derogatory word against anyone with a taste for Asian culture

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
WHOW the W word is very hateful and ignorant, and is a derogatory word against anyone with a taste for Asian culture
I am an avid anime fan. But weeaboos are just those narrow minded freaks that their taste isn't so much of an appreciation for asian culture, as it is an obsession that when you get right down to it becomes simple bigotry.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
so do you really think that is the ONLY reason why it didn't sell to expectations?

Or do you agree that other factors where at work here as Dragon pointed out?
No. It is undeniably flawed but when a fanbase has such an extreme overreaction such as this since just seeing something as trivial as a haircut then I don't think many fans gave it a fair analysis or even played it. I think it suffered a good bit simply from spite because DmC does get more hate than it deserves.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I am an avid anime fan. But weeaboos are just those narrow minded freaks that their taste isn't so much of an appreciation for asian culture, as it is an obsession that when you get right down to it becomes simple bigotry.
Weebos are ones who only know pop culture. They have no idea what Japan is really like and see it as a land of kawaii, pocky and anime.Their image of Japan, and how they act (they think this is how Japanese act) is based on stereotype.

We had one in my Japanese lecture. She came dressed as Sailor moon:O Needless to say, she did not last long when she realised it was not going to be watching anime and doing cosplay.
Then there was the anime and manga club at my uni. None of them were Japanese language and culture students....the club was like a group of socially maladjusted who knows what. Fine if children or teenagers act like that because they don't know any better, but adults...

They really do act like this.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Weebos are ones who only know pop culture. They have no idea what Japan is really like and see it as a land of kawaii, pocky and anime.Their image of Japan, and how they act (they think this is how Japanese act) is based on stereotype.

We had one in my Japanese lecture. She came dressed as Sailor moon:O Needless to say, she did not last long when she realised it was not going to be watching anime and doing cosplay.
Then there was the anime and manga club at my uni. None of them were Japanese language and culture students....the club was like a group of socially maladjusted who knows what. Fine if children or teenagers act like that because they don't know any better, but adults...

They really do act like this.

For Chancey, an avid DMC fan like me who doesn't like DmC this much is a weaboo too. And guess what? I think he's right, rook at how KAWAII and SUGOI i "rook" and 'dressu", just like an" "animu charactah' or an "Exu-Japan" (band) "membah":

394637_154274708041197_2006630783_n.jpg

EDIT: As you all can clearly see, i'm descendant from the japanese, just "rook" at that horizontaru shaped eyes and really darku hair of mine! I really don't know why i don't have a katana or a tachi as a keepsake of my japanese samurai/ninja/half-akuma heritage.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

Most people who get really ****ed off about DmC simply don't like the new direction the series has taken. A lot of the things they fell in love with just don't exist in DmC, and aside from that, they're ****ed because Capcom decided to disregard the old series, not even ending it. Then there's Nero, who would've been a nice character to develop. I know some might not feel Nero was a great character, but those complaints usually boil down to ''waaah, I don't like the fact that he cries and whines'' - I'm amazed that doesn't remind them of anyone :p Anyway, it's usually a pretty bad idea to just reboot something abruptly, especially when you alter a number of important aspects of the game. The hair is an incredibly trivial part of it, and honestly, I didn't care about that when I saw the first trailer. Hardly noticed it, in fact. It's just that when you've got little to go by, you turn to trivial things: ''Hey, saw the trailer of DmC? Yeah, not much happens in it, but Dante's got black hair now! OMFG!'' It just seems to be the first thing they notice, and it clogs up the forums until someone finally points out that's not the only thing they changed, and definitely not the most important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom