• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WEAPONS U WANT IN DMC5 ?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"No, this is MY pizza!"
"No, it's mine!"
"No, mine!"
"Mine!"

Sound familiar?
"You don't look a day over 12,000!"
"F*** U!"
"F*** U!"
"F*** U!"

That was DmC. We're not even talking about that lol

Anyway...I like the whole spear idea. Not so sure about him having a shield, though. What about big drills attached to his arms? Kind of like the Big Daddy from BioShock, only a bit smaller.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Sparda sword turns into a scythe, so does Nevan, although hers is short.

As for what I'd want... Besides bare fists, i don't know. Bombs were something Lucia used, and I think Lady in DMC4SE, not really the best weapon unless you happen to have a bunch of slow-moving enemies huddled up in front.
Spear sounds kinda impractical and the only thing it can do can already be done with Rebellion.
I guess axe would be cool. I'd say whip too, although Nero already has his special arm for similar action.
But we've never had just a dedicated sythe weapon that didn't have another function, it's always a side thing

Viper

Premium
Definitely a big hammer that he can drop on enemies.
Nah, that would be better suited for Lady.
afbb6142ea21f7aed364fe0b41300669cc9b6eb1_hq.gif

But we've never had just a dedicated sythe weapon that didn't have another function, it's always a side thing
So? A scythe is a scythe, not that one can't make another, I was just pointing out there were some already present.

Last edited:

Gray Knight

A backpack with spider legs. Four bladed spider legs that could extend to stab and target multiple enemies.
latest

latest

Frazz

General gamer
-A hammer would be good but I'd like it to be quick and be the size of Thor's hammer from the MCU.

-Alastor. Just bring it back Capcom.

-Guantlets and grieves as usual... maybe with an ice element?

-Elemental weapons in general - I'd like to see a return of enemies that take more damage from certain elements so your equipped weapons can be more strategic.

I'd also just like enough weapons to warrant an element of customisability like DMC3 where you have 3 slots and you can fill them with what weapons you like the most rather than 4 giving you 3 weapons that you just had to stick with (even though I did enjoy all of Dante's weapons in 4).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Dual wielding tonfa, that would be cool.
Maybe a suit of armour that you ram enemies while wearing?

A backpack with spider legs. Four bladed spider legs that could extend to stab and target multiple enemies.
Reminds me a lot of Child Emperor from One Punch Man.
One%2BPunch%2BMan%2B-%2B12%2B-4.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
In my DmC fanficion that I fiddled with, Dante got a kusarigama, really wide but weak chain attacks with the sickle, but then also a chargeable blunt smashing attack from throwing the pommel on the other end of the chain.

I'd really like to see an actual sword and shield combo for once, too. Just to see all the slick stuff that they could make it do with its movelist.

I still really think scythes are underrated, too. So more scythes, please.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about bringing Arbiter back?

If they do a kusarigama since the Osiris scythe, give it the prop shredder technique & Harvester.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That was DmC. We're not even talking about that lol
My point for the comparison is that the lines of dialogue are over simplistic and would provably degenerate to simple 'no, you are' style of response. It lacks wit or cleverness and it would only escalate conflict.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
My point for the comparison is that the lines of dialogue are over simplistic and would provably degenerate to simple 'no, you are' style of response. It lacks wit or cleverness and it would only escalate conflict.

I wasn't going for wit or cleverness (rarely ever do, since I lack in that department) It was merely a stupid joke about how Dante would have no weapons at all. As if that would ever happen.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I think bloodbrone' s Weapon Transformation is a Great Freaking Idea
Nero' motor engine in Red Queen is creative , Dante needs something like that .

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I think bloodbrone' s Weapon Transformation is a Great Freaking Idea
Nero' motor engine in Red Queen is creative , Dante needs something like that .

How about something like "chainblades"?

Mixing chainsaw-like blades with chains wrapped or launched from Dante's arms? Like Kratos' blades?

Nero has a rev-up sword that acts like a motorcycle. What do you picture Dante having as an extra weapon? A human-based devil arm?

Reign

I'd like for his new weapons to be....

Demons themselves.

If any of you have ever played Path of Neo, then you'd know exactly what I mean.

A heavyweight Devil Trigger. Combat style is exactly like Broly from DBZ.

Koschei

MOTORCYCLE
Yes <3
While it obviously wouldn't be a good weapon, I think that a chase sequence when we get to ride the motorcycle and use it for fighting would be rad.
For something unconventional and silly, some type of ball weapon that returns to dante? It would be a demonic flail but Dante treating it like a soccer ball or a foot ball depending upon the move.
That's a really cool idea. And there's hope ;)
Something Ancient Like a Warrior Spear and Shield . including the HELMET
That could be interesting. Or maybe a full-body Beowulf/Gilgamesh? I'd imagine it looking like fantasy/medieval armours.
I'd love to see the return of Nevan, it was the craziest weapon and it fit DMC3 style perfectly. Also, minigun.

Top Bottom