• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapons Discussion

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So I just wanted to make a thread for new / returning weapons in DMC5. Obviously Red Queen / Blue Rose is back, but here's something new:
n4t7tP2.jpg

If it's not fake, Sparda sword will make it's return.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i cant help thinking he looks so dark and the grin is evilish there.. is that really dante tho? the coat has different color than the one in poster.

on topic, i know nothing bout the sparda sword.

but i feel nero is getting the same traetment as 4, no additional arms..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I just want Nero to have a more extensive moveset. I don't really care if they do it in the form of multiple Devil Arms or multiple Devil Breaker abilities, as long as they do it.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Presumably Rebellion and Ebony/Ivory are returning for Dante. I also assume that someone will make use of Yamato though whether or not it will be playable is anyone's guess.

I'd laugh if that Motorcycle is Sparda's new form. :D

Meg

My guess is Nero will have his standard weapons and just get different robot arms instead of weapons. I think Dante will be the one getting new weapons. Some that I would like to see are: spear or halberd, ball on chain, twin swords daggers, and something like Aquila.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In one of the image leaks online it has a picture of Dante holding Sparda so that could be one of his weapons (I hope they retweak Trish's Sparda moveset to work with Dante's repertoire and have it compliment Rebellion and not mirror it) and I wouldnt mind that motorcyle be a form of Pandora unless if it has completely new forms in this game and its a melee Devil Arm and not a firearm.

However I would prefer a completely new weapon and have him use the motorcycle like he did with Lady's motorcycle in DMC3.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it's high time we had a spear devil arm, or I'd even like to see what they could do by giving Dante a legit sword and shield combination. Dragon's Dogma had solid sword and shield abilities, transplanting them into an over-the-top character like Dante could be really interesting.

I'd only hope it doesn't look as bland as Scalebound, though (man, that poor, poor game).

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I think it's high time we had a spear devil arm, or I'd even like to see what they could do by giving Dante a legit sword and shield combination. Dragon's Dogma had solid sword and shield abilities, transplanting them into an over-the-top character like Dante could be really interesting.

I'd only hope it doesn't look as bland as Scalebound, though (man, that poor, poor game).
Dante doesnt seem like the kind of chatacter to use a sheild. At least not for defense. If anything id imagine him using it like a razor sharp frisby or something akin to how captain america uses his sheild. Mixing melee attacks with bouncing the sheild off the enemy. But then i cant imagine him using a sword with it. Heck since 3 we haven't seen dante use any sword that isnt a sparda family sword.

tehrugger

Banned
I hate the design of Devil Sword Dante. But it's a pretty good weapon.

Vergil should have gotten a Devil Sword Vergil.

Top Bottom