• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Can do it together!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I simply do not view DMC4 in high regards beside the combat system, the visuals, Angelo Credo's boss battle and probably other things that are not in my mind right now.

Some of its flaws should of been avoided such as Dante's behavior clashing with his less over the top attitude from the first game, Nero's poorly executed origins, level backtracking with Dante with barely new elements, no new weapons for Nero, rehashed boss battles, the dreaded dice game, lack of costumes (the special edition corrected that), another mongrel wishing to become the next Sparda (Vergil is the exception since at least he is part of the family).

Basically everything here, I agree with.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I understand that, too. A while back I made some huge post regarding pretty much all my criticisms regarding DMC4. it is a not a perfect game and not just because of the excessive back tracking. Even without that there are many other fundamentally flawed aspects of the game, flawed in my views and in contrast to the other DMC games.

Frazz

General gamer
I understand that, too. A while back I made some huge post regarding pretty much all my criticisms regarding DMC4. it is a not a perfect game and not just because of the excessive back tracking. Even without that there are many other fundamentally flawed aspects of the game, flawed in my views and in contrast to the other DMC games.
I think that's fair to say, the game has the most addictive combat in the series but there are indeed problems. The dice game, the backtracking and the enemies not being designed around Dante are the main things that I find to be (minor) problems. I do think that some fans paint DMC4 as the best game ever since DmC as they want to make sure that Capcom goes forward with the classic series and thus they want to make sure Capcom hears their praise and know that they love it. Of course the game is great but it is by no means perfect.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i won't say DMC4 is flawless no game is
but maybe cus it was my first DMC none of said problem's bother me

the dice game can easily be cheesed with the devil bringer
and the backtracking doesn't bother me cus it not like being in one place or another changes how you fight demon's

but as i said DMC4 was my first and DMC1 and DMC3 do feel like tighter experiences because they doesn't have said problems

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC4 wasnt first DMC game for me. And while it had flaws, i like it. Many consider DMC3 best DMC game, but it also had flaws. But wether we like it or not, fact stands. It's either DMC4 sales, or franchise hit the wall. So we either support franchise or sit and nitpick for it for another 10 years. It sounds bad. And sadly it is :(

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Obviously I bought the SE, but purely because I wanted it for the content it offers. If I were to buy it solely for Capcom's blackmail, then they could go to hell, for all I care. Even if that means DMC's death. Fans showed them their desire for more DMC multiple times.

To do a comparison with a recent game I'm playing, CD Projekt never told me "buy The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition or no The Witcher 3".

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I honestly don't think it is.

Capcom was counting on this to happen.

It's almost as if they knew it would.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Some of its flaws should of been avoided such as Dante's behavior clashing with his less over the top attitude from the first game
My explanation is that Dante was only as serious as he was in DMC1 because he was avenging his mother's death, and fighting the emperor of hell. Compared to that DMC4 was just another day on the job for him, hence why he doesn't take anything seriously and is just goofing around for the most part.

Reactions: Gel

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
My explanation is that Dante was only as serious as he was in DMC1 because he was avenging his mother's death, and fighting the emperor of hell. Compared to that DMC4 was just another day on the job for him, hence why he doesn't take anything seriously and is just goofing around for the most part.
many have said that and that's what i think too

also its been quite a while since DMC 1 happened

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
We'll we see what happens to DMC4:SE's ranking after Batman: AK drops from the release heavens, and shoves his big, floppy, baterang up it's butthole.

berto

I Saw the Devil
We'll we see what happens to DMC4:SE's ranking after Batman: AK drops from the release heavens, and shoves his big, floppy, baterang up it's butthole.
Nothing. When both DMC and Batman go down they will do so independently of each other. One may drop hard and the other might stay up there for a solid amount of time but I doubt that either will do so because of whatever happens to the other.

Top Bottom