• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Can do it together!

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Don't forget the manga.
Let us see if manga is still canon after DMC4SE release.What is the REAL canon status of DMC4 novel?Bingo Morihashi isn't cited in DMC4SE.

Veloran

Let us see if manga is still canon after DMC4SE release.What is the REAL canon status of DMC4 novel?Bingo Morihashi isn't cited in DMC4SE.
I can't imagine why the manga would be made non-canon.

4's graphic novels were published by Capcom, so they should be canon.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I can't imagine why the manga would be made non-canon.

4's graphic novels were published by Capcom, so they should be canon.
It depends of whatever V's ending give us and novel hits to some facts that DMC4SE can contradict.That's why I'm waiting for that d*mn ending.
I don't know if they will go with whatever Bingo has planned or if they have another thing up their sleeves.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
I've abandoned hope lol. I'm expecting a sales chart next week to crop up indicating that the game only sold through 30% of its shipment.

Really? I thought the DMC2 novel was still canon.
DMC3 Manga, DMC3, DMC1, Anime, DMC4, DMC2 novel, DMC2

Uh, I've always thought that only the games and the anime were canon?

Khundy

Berserker
So I already bought one steam version for myself, And I know its a bait from Crapcom. I do love this series, so I'm willing to buy someone a copy on steam to help push numbers and to also share my love of this game.

Also I already have 3 versions of this Game lol.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The possibility of making DMC5 is one thing, however can their ability to make an excellent DMC5 that could satiate the consumers' hunger be trusted after the wasted potential of the fourth installment?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's nothing alarming. Nowadays with the natural escalation of prices for video games, I would personally prefer to invest in something that transcends good quality.
As niche player I belong to audience that rather spends 70€ on niche game than on another GTA/CoD/AC/BF etc etc etc. So I dunno why we can't expect good DMC game from capcom tbh.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
As niche player I belong to audience that rather spends 70€ on niche game than on another GTA/CoD/AC/BF etc etc etc. So I dunno why we can't expect good DMC game from capcom tbh.
I simply do not view DMC4 in high regards beside the combat system, the visuals, Angelo Credo's boss battle and probably other things that are not in my mind right now.

Some of its flaws should of been avoided such as Dante's behavior clashing with his less over the top attitude from the first game, Nero's poorly executed origins, level backtracking with Dante with barely new elements, no new weapons for Nero, rehashed boss battles, the dreaded dice game, lack of costumes (the special edition corrected that), another mongrel wishing to become the next Sparda (Vergil is the exception since at least he is part of the family).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I simply do not view DMC4 in high regards beside the combat system, the visuals, Angelo Credo's boss battle and probably other things that are not in my mind right now.

Some of its flaws should of been avoided such as Dante's behavior clashing with his less over the top attitude from the first game, Nero's poorly executed origins, level backtracking with Dante with barely new elements, no new weapons for Nero, rehashed boss battles, the dreaded dice game, lack of costumes (the special edition corrected that), another mongrel wishing to become the next Sparda (Vergil is the exception since at least he is part of the family).
Well that's your opinion, you know. DMC4 still got high review scores, and many people still love it. So if they make similar to it DMC I'll be completely happy with it.

Top Bottom