• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was DmC Devil May Cry all that bad?

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
According to this video and what these guys Pokey, Aczie are talking about...it seems to me that DmC Devil May Cry was really flawed in almost all of what it did...

If anyone's watched this video please don't hesitate to leave your own opinion...

Anything you can contribute to the forum can be helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7IREDkEMJk

DanteSparda08

Now you're just promoting the vid at this point lol

But as someone who loves DmC, it had it's understandable ups and downs. (color-coded enemies, easy bosses, glitches) But I still loved it anyway.

I swear to you I'm not promoting this video because I'm not in it, so I'm not looking for subscribers or anything of the sort. However I decided to put this here because the video was a discussion of both, DmC and DMC 4 so I had to get both parties to see their pros and cons of both IP's.

I know what you meant and yes it does come of as though I'm promoting but I promise it's just me trying to understand both fans, and since I'm a fan of both! I would like to hear both worlds ideas and concepts so that I can learn a little bit about what people love about the games and what they don't.

Simples

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Uh....IT's not that bad. There are worse HnS out there, like NG3 or Enslaved, or other games. But it felt completely underwhelming. And being disappointed in something much worse if you consider something bad froma a get go

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Uh....IT's not that bad. There are worse HnS out there, like NG3 or Enslaved, or other games. But it felt completely underwhelming. And being disappointed in something much worse if you consider something bad froma a get go

Enslaved wasn't a hack n slash

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Innsmouth

Enslaved isnt a "h n s" its more of a character platformer like Jak and daxter, Sly Cooper, Prince of persia etc.

On topic I thought of it as the middle of the road, not as bad as they claim but not as good as they claimed. I think the hype and the controversy screwed the game over tho so sometimes there is such a thing as bad publicity.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth

Enslaved isnt a "h n s" its more of a character platformer like Jak and daxter, Sly Cooper, Prince of persia etc.

On topic I thought of it as the middle of the road, not as bad as they claim but not as good as they claimed. I think the hype and the controversy screwed the game over tho so sometimes there is such a thing as bad publicity.
It has nothing in common with neither of games you named. It's more like Uncharted with HnS instead of TPS mechanics. IT's far to on rail to be anything like those games. It's still mostly about defeating enemies instead of exploring

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As long as no one says something stupid, we can have a subtle and respectable discussion

Stupid by who's definition though?

Lets see if people can be mature here and let others express their opinion, negative or not.

I recall you got your opinions off your chest concerning a thread eerily similar to this one concerning DMC4, calling it boring and dull.

But thats your opinion and its cool man, just pointing out that just in case someone comes by and makes a similar set of comments towards DmC that certain members don't jump down his/her throat (not saying you would just certain members in general).

Now on to the topic at hand, no its not that bad of a game, I had fun with it, but as Dragon pointed out earlier the color coded enemies and easy bosses made the game less than it could have been for me.

Also I missed the original Dante.:frown:

Also want to add that I was not to much of a fan of the environment of the game, I wish the dark and gritty setting from the original trailer had been used, I still till this day miss the dark and gothic setting of DMC1.

berto

I Saw the Devil
According to this video and what these guys Pokey, Aczie are talking about...it seems to me that DmC Devil May Cry was really flawed in almost all of what it did...

If anyone's watched this video please don't hesitate to leave your own opinion...

Anything you can contribute to the forum can be helpful
Why did you create a thread for the same video in two different sections? I get that the video is about two different games so each section would discusses that game in theirs but even if are trying keep the discussion focused on each game it's somewhat unnecessary to be discussing the same video in two different places.

DanteSparda08

Why did you create a thread for the same video in two different sections? I get that the video is about two different games so each section would discusses that game in theirs but even if are trying keep the discussion focused on each game it's somewhat unnecessary to be discussing the same video in two different places.

Read my second post please and then you'll understand why...thank you.

The Final Offer

Hey guys check out this trailer and look at the flaws of this game in 60fps 1080p. Are they as bad as the OP claims they say they are?

Because those flaws aren't nearly huge enough to burden a gamer that plays games.

Yeah no, didn't click on your hour long video OP. How about you sum up what was said and edit your post. I'm pretty sure NO ONE will argue with me on that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Read my second post please and then you'll understand why...thank you.
So it is for division of the games and to discuss each individually. It's fine, really, just wanted to be sure.

Just the same, try not to do too often, making identical threads in more than one section. We have a general section for discussion of topics that relate to more than one game.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
This topic will not end well

I agree. It's like poking a ****ed off cat. Maybe you mean well, but the cat's gonna get you.

I don't know where I got that from. I encountered a ****ed off cat before. It was quite terrifying.

Devil Player

It's too bad that I don't have a lot of money right now, to buy a PS4. However, I promise that as soon as I get it, DmC DE is probably going to be my first game! I'll keep playing it until DMC 4 SE gets released.

Then, I'll buy DMC 4 SE too and I'll keep playing both games until Capcom confirms DMC HD Collection Deluxe Definitive Special Extended version for PS4. We know that will happen. :)

Then I'll buy that one too ( damn Capcom, you keep throwing DMC and DmC on us, like some kind of vicious drug ). Stop taking my money. XD

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Stupid by who's definition though?

Lets see if people can be mature here and let others express their opinion, negative or not.

I recall you got your opinions off your chest concerning a thread eerily similar to this one concerning DMC4, calling it boring and dull.

But thats your opinion and its cool man, just pointing out that just in case someone comes by and makes a similar set of comments towards DmC that certain members don't jump down his/her throat (not saying you would just certain members in general).
Basically this. Don't say something stupid (In regards to saying troll comments or straight up arguments)

DanteSparda08

So it is for division of the games and to discuss each individually. It's fine, really, just wanted to be sure.

Just the same, try not to do too often, making identical threads in more than one section. We have a general section for discussion of topics that relate to more than one game.

I'll be sure to remember that thank you.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Of course the game was flawed. That's probably why Ninja Theory went back to fix the main problems with the actual game in the Definitive Edition. That's more than Capcom or anyone else does with marginally-playable games that they make, let alone horrible, glitch-filled ones. But was it horrible? Not in the slightest...at least, from a gameplay perspective. How bad or good the story was is discussion left to personal taste. You can either compare it to the story of the old games, or take it on its own merits.

On its own merits, the story is decent. The threat is decent, but the premise is kind of silly once you wrap your head around the hamfisted social satire and pokes at consumerism. But it's the dialogue and the central characters that make DmC the slightest bit interesting. The mannerisms and exchanges between characters make the cutscenes worth watching, and Dante's development was executed competently, but not perfectly.

In comparison with the old games, well...the game's plot might as well be a work of Tennyson. I'd call the plots, dialogue, and characters of the old games products of their time, but DMC4 (despite having marginally-better writing than the narrative train-wreck that was DMC3) was released in 2008, while DMC3 was released in 2005. Even for entries released that recently, the writing for both games have aged more like milk than a fine wine.

And no one brandish that BS, self-assured "oh-the-writers-weren't-taking-the-story-seriously" argument that I see plaguing every forum and YouTube comment section. If DMC was never putting any focus on the story, then Capcom wouldn't dish out money on motion-capture, choreography, and consultation with American script-writers to produce an hour's worth of cutscenes for every game, let alone take the time to make a story-driven anime.

Top Bottom