• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

scionicspectre

I'm really digging what we saw from Lady today. Gregaman did quite a bit better than previous players we've seen, but I really wanted to grab the controller halfway through and experiment. It seems like her combat may be an acquired taste, but I'm definitely prepared to get familiar with it.

Veloran

I'm really digging what we saw from Lady today. Gregaman did quite a bit better than previous players we've seen, but I really wanted to grab the controller halfway through and experiment. It seems like her combat may be an acquired taste, but I'm definitely prepared to get familiar with it.
I love that she can do multiple charged shots in the air at once. It's going to be really cool to see people make use of that.

Blazer-X

I'll be honest: I am not completely blown away by her explosive gameplay. Her use of guns is essentially an expanded Gunslinger with a little flavor from Nero's Blue Rose in terms of charge mechanics. Her variety of two-some time and honey-comb fire has an additional charge shot kick to it, almost like Dante's MVC3 Hyper Combo, something that Dante himself is sorely missing. Her Shotgun specials have either a follow up (for the Gunstinger-like move) or extended duration (for the Fireworks-like move). Both of these are nice little changes, but there is almost this sense of "seen it before".

Kalina Ann adds the most to her gameplay in a couple of ways. First and foremost, it isn't reliant on its own gauge for powerful moves the way Pandora is. This means that the player always has access to the rocket launcher's more crazy moves without build-up. Second, it offers something Dante in Gunslinger did readily have (without using high disaster gauge): easy to access AOE.

While her gunslinging side is above Dante's, as expected, her melee is almost utter crap. Her slowness in swinging her bayonet is expected given her being only a human, but both the lack of variety and usage outside of close range crowd control makes it feel almost redundant.

I guess my concern with her is: does her expanded Gunslinger style gun-use outweigh how much her melee is gimped compared to any of the other characters? This is especially important considering that she lacks DT (and hence health recovery without items) and move variety (lacking on pause combos completely).

scionicspectre

She's looking like the hardest character to complete DMD with, for sure. Even still, if you use the right moves, it appears that she can do a lot of damage without moving, which is a big change. The amount of her long-range moves that do stun damage (not the least of which being aerial rockets) is quite interesting.

What I'm really looking forward to is mastering her gameplay in midair to rain fire. Even still, I'd say that she'll require some getting used to, so I think she'll be the least played character. It is pretty funny, however, to see how many style points she's rewarded just for landing shots from the directional inputs.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The daughter like the daddy:

KBO6e6.gif

Remember? "Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the buuuuuutt!"

Top Bottom