• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERGIL IS RETURNING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Personally, the names of the Devil Arms look fan-based.

Until a confirmation by Capcom themselves come, this is all fake to me.

I'm a big Vergil fan myself, but I would rather be skeptical and in denial of this till confirmation, rather than enthusiastic and let down after.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
Sparda™;172363 said:

I'm a big Vergil fan myself, but I would rather be skeptical and in denial of this till confirmation, rather than enthusiastic and let down after.

Yes, I agree. I got myself a little worked-up and excited when I read the "confirmation". I didn't even really think to check the entire thing out because I presumed it was someone's bad typing. :( I suppose we'll all have to wait until E3, something I'll not be able to watch because I'm in England. Like I said, I hope that Capcom DOES announce DMC5 because we can all really start to speculate and I bet you that this forum will buzz with chatter! I feel quite disappointed, though. I was so hoping the "confirmation" was true. :(

Dying Angel

lafudge;172365 said:
Yes, I agree. I got myself a little worked-up and excited when I read the "confirmation". I didn't even really think to check the entire thing out because I presumed it was someone's bad typing. :( I suppose we'll all have to wait until E3, something I'll not be able to watch because I'm in England. Like I said, I hope that Capcom DOES announce DMC5 because we can all really start to speculate and I bet you that this forum will buzz with chatter! I feel quite disappointed, though. I was so hoping the "confirmation" was true. :(

Don't worry dude, i live in england aswell, but you can check the E3 website or any gaming website, so there will be pleanty of news and E3 Expo is from June 2nd to 4th.

Durante

Dead
Well that might be true since i heard that the next game may be based on Vergil if not then well... I don't know what else Capcom can come up with.

Dying Angel

Durante;172393 said:
Well that might be true since i heard that the next game may be based on Vergil if not then well... I don't know what else Capcom can come up with.

Well if thats true, then they may not answer any questions regarding Nero which would lead to a dmc 6, If it is true it could be quite gd

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sparda™;172363 said:

See, to me, the styles looked fan-based, the Devil Arm names looked relatively believeable. :lol:

In all seriousness though, as much as I'd like to believe this information, it has one major flaw.

Gamespot Blog said:
Zelofest-Vergil's 2nd GUN. To fire,he holds out his arm,shooting Sphere's of dark energy.The fire rate depends on your button mashing skills.

Veril using a gun? Um, no, it goes against everything Vergil stood for as far as his honour code was concerned.
Still, it was an interesting read, and I don't doubt that Vergil will be in DMC5, it'd be stupid for Capcom to not bring him back, but this just doesn't seem like the accurate confirmation we deserve at all.

Sparda™

Angelo Credo;172447 said:
Vergil using a gun? Um, no, it goes against everything Vergil stood for as far as his honor code was concerned.
Still, it was an interesting read, and I don't doubt that Vergil will be in DMC5, it'd be stupid for Capcom to not bring him back, but this just doesn't seem like the accurate confirmation we deserve at all.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Who knows what might have happened to him during all this time. He used to use guns back then.

But yeah, this information is pretty much fan-made.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angelo Credo;172447 said:
Veril using a gun? Um, no, it goes against everything Vergil stood for as far as his honour code was concerned.

That didn't mean an actual gun I think. The dark energy burst is something you could do in Nelo Angelo form.

The "second gun" is likely a reference to this being Virgil's 2nd ranged attack (rather than meaning an actual gun) with the first "gun" being his summoned swords.

Thats just what I thought when I read it.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
exactly it isn't a gun but instead of using 2nd ranged attack the dude probably just thought it was easier to use the word gun.

ARandomGuy

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*...I don't know if any of you read the dmc novels released by capcom during the past years, but in the last one (that came out about a month ago) they explained that nero is vergils son (the novel isn't translated yet but the dmc player brea claimed to have read the novel and explained a few things going on in the novel)
If you don't believe me google it or if you can't find a link I'd be happy to provide one.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
please do i want to see what your talking about,

and i don't really have my hopes up too high but i still have hope.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
ARandomGuy;172487 said:
*POSSIBLE SPOILER*...I don't know if any of you read the dmc novels released by capcom during the past years, but in the last one (that came out about a month ago) they explained that nero is vergils son (the novel isn't translated yet but the dmc player brea claimed to have read the novel and explained a few things going on in the novel)
If you don't believe me google it or if you can't find a link I'd be happy to provide one.
It was already posted in a thread about that. I don't think it's true, because it was confirmed by Capcom that the novels AREN'T canon.
chob101;172489 said:
please do i want to see what your talking about,

and i don't really have my hopes up too high but i still have hope.

I'll search the thread where that's posted and I'll give it to you ;).

ARandomGuy

Slayer_of_Darkness96;172494 said:
It was already posted in a thread about that. I don't think it's true, because it was confirmed by Capcom that the novels AREN'T canon.

I'll search the thread where that's posted and I'll give it to you ;).

You know what Slayer? I hope to GOD that novel isn't! I don't like the idea, it's so stupid and the age difference between the 2 is small :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom