• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil as DLC or Special Edition?

DarkSlayer54

V technically can, since his cane warp is reminiscent of DMC4:SE's Vergil sword warp.
Not sure how it can work with Dante.
I remember how in mission 16 of DMC4, there are a bunch of Grim Grips floating around and Dante has no way of interacting with them whatsoever.

He has the Trickster teleport. It would feel clunky, but it "should" be able to function the same.

Even better would be to just replace the grim pads with jump pads for all characters outside of Nero.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can trickster cancel with Dante to cover massive distance , all they would need to do is allow him to lock-on to the grips

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm thinking of Vergil's Downfall go the opposite, where his campaign would be "Vergil's Redemption".

He and Dante travel through Hell, and he goes to memory lane. Witnessing the events he's done and been through:
  • V returning as Vergil's conscience, along with Urizen as a boss (wielding Nelo Angelo sword)
  • Meeting with Eva and how his life ended up alone
  • Seeing how he lost against Mundus and turning into Nelo Angelo. Later how was set freed.
  • Meeting Nero's mom again after the last few years, seeing how they met and connected
  • Facing up against his son, while trying to prove himself being a father to Nero and making up for abandoning him & his mom. Perhaps show how Nero's arm ended up turning into a demon. (Think Hollow Dante)
  • Most of facing Dante just for the fun of it

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Guess its Special Edition then.

No, guess nothing at all. Don't automatically assume they're gonna release a SE with Vergil only to be disappointed in a couple years, or seven, if they don't put one out in the first place.

See what I mean? You've already made up your mind that a Special Edition is coming even though they never said it will haven't you. And you're gonna throw crap at Capcom if they state they have no plans for it aren't you.
Sometimes I think you're a troll.

Just expect nothing they don't announce beforehand man, it's not that hard. You won't be disappointed if nothing happens and you will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Uncertain only cause we don't know if there will be a Special Edition or Vergil playable? Why's that such a big deal to the point that it makes the franchise's future uncertain?

Or maybe cause the devs didn't outright stated they're gonna be at work on DMC6 right away? You could apply that logic to any game though. The only franchises whose future isn't "uncertain" are milk cows like COD or AC or Street Fighter etc.

I’d love to see a more rugged version of him. Like, still trying to upkeep his smart exterior, just with visible signs of having been through a bit of sh*t.

And I wanna see new weapons too. I’m happpy to go out there and say I don’t wanna see yamato, force edge and Beowulf again.

I wanna see something totally different!!

I have a deep preference to see him even more refined, if that can even be achieved! He's so high class already that visualizing him otherwise feels rather awkward IMO! LOL

Top Bottom