• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil as DLC or Special Edition?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
In a Vergil DLC, wonder if they'll make a story for him temporary coming to the Human World to fight alongside his son. And meet Kyrie for the first time. Maybe explore Nero's mother there too.

Taramafor

A special edition with him as a playable character. Just like in 3 really. It's been the trend in the series.

I just hope we get to teleport around like mad like in 3. That was pretty neat. They would kind of need to give him 3 styles though. With the same weapon. Oh, there's an idea. Teleport move set and two other types. Maybe an unarmed moveset. And then a magic type one. The last one present for reasons that make sense once you go through the game.

One good intro with him and the rest being gameplay is fine in my book. Though if there was an ending cutscene too that would be a bonus. I can actually think of a way but that would be a bit spoiler heavy.

Given what Dante and Virgil say to each other at the end it sounds like there might be another DMC in the works too. One focused more around Virgil's past. Perhaps a game where it focuses on the present as well as the past with Virgil finally coming to terms with his lust for power?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Be even cooler if Vergil gained a devil bringer arm since he stole it from Nero , and it had darkslayer powers other than snatch

That and he gets devil arms for shadow and griffon with their powers

DarkSlayer54

Be even cooler if Vergil gained a devil bringer arm since he stole it from Nero , and it had darkslayer powers other than snatch

That and he gets devil arms for shadow and griffon with their powers

I feel like he staight up destroyed Nero's arm in the process of getting back Yamato, along with all of it's other abilities.

I can't really peg Vergil as a character that would care for any technique or ability outside of the ones he develops himself. I see Dante as the copycat out of the two, he even copied Vergil with Yamato and Beowolf.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
No harm in him having a new moveset and devil arms

Beowulf and force edge have been covered 3 times now of they use em again in bloody palace

Would be cool if he got griffon and shadow as devil arms

Maybe there souls went to him after Dante defeats em

Nightmare was a gun so I doubt Vergil would use it

DarkSlayer54

No harm in him having a new moveset and devil arms

Beowulf and force edge have been covered 3 times now of they use em again in bloody palace

Would be cool if he got griffon and shadow as devil arms

Maybe there souls went to him after Dante defeats em

Nightmare was a gun so I doubt Vergil would use it

I definitely agree with that, but I'm not sure what weapons I'd want to even see him use. I wouldn't have thought Vergil would be the type to use Beowolf, but... the way he uses it is so distinct.

I guess there's a lot of weapons he would use "the Vergil way".

DarkSlayerVergil

I feel like he staight up destroyed Nero's arm in the process of getting back Yamato, along with all of it's other abilities.

I can't really peg Vergil as a character that would care for any technique or ability outside of the ones he develops himself. I see Dante as the copycat out of the two, he even copied Vergil with Yamato and Beowolf.
I'm sorry but did to my dyslexia I misread your post to say that "Vergil straight up destroyed Nero's mom in the process of getting yamato" XD.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There is always another maybe two handed katana , kusari gama, a staff, a scythe , ninjitsu weapons

No to a two-handed katana. Give it to a new character.

Scythe and shurikens I can dig. Since Osiris and Aquila.

How about Vergil get his own “Cavaliere”.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil would never use a weapon like cavalier lmao

He isn't flashy like Dante , way more samurai and traditional

Hence no guns

Top Bottom